Search results

1. M0therG00se

Show Your Coolong Can Setups!

I have had an obsession since I had gotten a super hot running Technics last year. The only way the fan would turn on is when drawing a decent amount of current but at low listening levels it wouldn't run so it would go Nuclear! Anyway I took a brushless fan and wired it up above the vents to...
  2. M0therG00se

Grafyx SP8 OWNERS! HELP

I have a pair of 8s and need to make sure which are the positive and negative wires. Would anyone have pictures or mind opening theirs up. I'd appreciate it. As of now I have the yellow being negative. I'm not sure if it matters much or not but would still like it to be right. Thanks...
  3. M0therG00se

Newest Daily Bedroom Setup

Ha! If any of you recognize my posts of my rooms daily system transformations over the last year or more will be seeing hopefully more permanent set up. I have had my brothers bed removed from the space giving me room to place my bed and a listening position and giving me a place to sit to...
  4. M0therG00se

Technics SU-G91 spkr terminal fix

I acquired this integrated about a year or more ago and it has fought me all the way. I have learned in the crash courses it's given me with going into protection mode and the likes. Soldering a few known issues and even made a fan for the top to run when powered on...junk engineering or after...
  5. M0therG00se

No Paper Towels were injured in this film!

Just an older vid I found on my YouTube page of seeing how much air pushed when driven above the nominal listening. Quite interesting once you get past the goofiness. Hey I'm young and will always from here on out be experimenting:biggrin: I was lying by the way...the paper towels got torn...
  6. M0therG00se

My Top favorite brands listening space

I have gotten tired of where I had my new SA9500mkii and matching Pioneer tuner. Even if it isn't pretty to look at I figure I would get it's first new daily spot a test drive. I do have to say even with the tuners 2 lights out that the other components pick up the slack haha I made a video...
  7. M0therG00se

Acquired SA 9500 mkII/ needs many repairs

I was on my city's sell and buy page and got hold of this guy and he had a pioneer mkII and he told me a few issues. Anyways I made a KLH horn loaded pair of spkrs a month ago or so and he wanted them. They were free so I figure I made a good investment considering it's issues...which are many...
  8. M0therG00se

New life to 84 Marshall Bass Amp

I wanted to do something nice for my older brother so my buddy let me take the reigns over putting the pieces back together. The speaker is a Celestion 15' bass speaker made in England along with the Amp and I'm guessing the cab too. I rewired the speaker and secured the amp as it was not bolted...
  9. M0therG00se

HELP SPEAKER ID

I can't tell you anything other than the inside says, "Enterprising company for enterprising people" There's no obvious clues or kit xover used in which makes no sense because it's made very very well in every other way. I wish we could have listened to them but my neighbor actually kind of...
  10. M0therG00se

KLH floor speaker evolution

For the last winter months I have had a pair of KLHs given to me to sell but had no luck of local postings. They have two woofers with tears out of four total. It's two 8s with a dome in between each 8. Well on a haul to storage I had brought back two Optimus 8s which I had plans to make a...
  11. M0therG00se

1969 TOTL 140X

I acquired a Kenny today and it has always been calling my name since I picked it up and felt how beast it was many months ago. I guess from the information I'm gathering is it's DC offset is the reason it could boil an egg on top. I'm not going to run it like that so luckily it's equipped with...
  12. M0therG00se

Paradigm 9es MkII stands

I figure since my buddy helped me source the marble for the HPM stands that I'd make him some for his 9s from scratch. It was a bed post but solid wood is all I care about here. I got it all cut and measured so the sanding, painting, and finishing is next. All in 30 minutes time and before the...
  13. M0therG00se

Made solid speaker stands

The other day I got ahold of two butcher wood blocks and two marble tops. I decided to stuff and cram it more with deadening material inside the cabinet. According to my rational physics I Then turned it holes facing down, and that's to keep the sound from traveling inside the cab. So I put the...
  14. M0therG00se

Paradigm 7, Polk monitor, Y-NS690?!?

I have a dilemma and I wanted some insight from anyone who has something to share. I am looking to buy a used set of speakers and im leaning towards the Yamaha 690s or the Paradigm 7. The Polks are more common with the series 10, SDA, or monitor 100s and I probably shouldn't over think it but my...
  15. M0therG00se

Pioneer SX1250

Found this sicker at a thrift store around Akron, Ohio. The guy is on Saturday to hopefully buy and if any ideas what's the look for or question please let me know. What are these selling for? I don't want to sell buy I want to know what to expect to pay.
  16. M0therG00se

Opinions, what do i need next?

I have made a post of my setup a few months ago but I am always trying to evolve it to get some satisfaction. I have a few decent BPC Technics but I'm acquiring my buddies Kenwood TX140k little monster a few weeks from now. I think gone through it'll last another couple decades. That being said...
  17. M0therG00se

Technics SU-G91 Fixed fan OL issue

I have had this amp for almost 6 months now and when I first got it I had to resolder the A&B connections and the back well I used it for about a month and I did my research and new that they ran hot and you wanted to make sure that your fan worked. One day I was listening to music and hours it...
  18. M0therG00se

Walk through to use Preouts to combine amps

Here's a picture of my Technics and I wanted to know what these In/Outs could be use for. Picture below. Also I have this Pioneer with Center out, Rear out, and Front out. They are all in the preout spot. I wanted to share power with another one of my AVRs. I tried last night after hours of...
  19. M0therG00se

70s Technics Rack ST-9600 Euro WORTH

I have a perfect Euro grey Technics tuner and nothing is wrong with it. It was with its other separates but got split up; it was at a electronics store here in Akrons downtown called Philcap. They shut down sadly and even more sad is I can't find who bought the Pre amp, amplifier, and another...
  20. M0therG00se

Pioneer Speaker ID!?

Theres two pairs of speakers on CL both for 100$ and I know the one pair are EPI Magnus 42A. I can't see what the Pioneer model is and I'm just curious if anyone knows what these are?! http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/5963562757.html Also I couldn't find much on the 42A, does anyone have...
  21. M0therG00se

Pioneer VSX 701S

Is anyone familiar if this stereo will run a 4 ohm load? I am redoing an Infinity Qb and I want to safely test it without hurting the amp. I have a fan I made to suck heat out of the top vents and I planned on using it anyways. Any thoughts?
  22. M0therG00se

3 Stereo placements; this looks and feels IT!

Where to start? Well the past few months I moved from my summer work shop into the bedroom for winter. My spkrs and stereo e.q. then moved 3 times that totally were overhauls trying to find the best sounding and functional system for me. The one closet in this whole house in the master bedroom...
  23. M0therG00se

Pioneer/Optimus STAV-3400

It's radio shacks brand but they are identical besides badging. What are these pre outs for or what can I use them for exactly?
  24. M0therG00se

Speakers Unknown

Anyone familiar with these or what they were in originally?
  25. M0therG00se

Kenwood 3 way box switch

There's a problem I'm hoping to fix tonight with my mid capacitor. The kenwood wires that soldered on the board are fused. I'll put a picture up to show what I mean. I want to use the Kenwood cause it's sealed and to me it sounds less boomy. Since I need another pair to listen to I switched them...
Back
Top Bottom