Search results

1. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Thank you for taking the time. Everything helps when I’m underwater on a project. Dual does seem to use a little black magic from the Black Forrest. I mean jeez this isn’t a chronometer wristwatch rebuild but?
  2. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Despite all the good info above I’m stuck on the setup of the copper manual pawl and it’s square nut. The pin on the tonearm also rides over the pawl.
  3. cwh

Ten buck Dual

I think folks have good things to say about fixmydual.com in Iowa. Another option if you’re shopping around.
  4. cwh

Ten buck Dual

To answer my own question: No the tonearm gimble should have no play. The mechanism was not captured correctly by top set screw. Either by me or previous owner it had been knocked out of alignment. Now as to reseat set screw correctly with ball bearings in proper alignment. Dual whisperers...
  5. cwh

Ten buck Dual

I’ve never had a 12xx series, just a 1019 so although siimilar there are differences, and I’ve got questions :) The triangle tonearm plate isn’t loose from the two attached posts however the whole gimble assembly inside the bracket #41 has play. I have no reference if this is normal or not.
  6. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Thank you Penn. Before I take you up on the generous offer let me see if I can get these issues worked out. The SM shows the square nut orientation, is this correct? Doesn’t jive with me. Should the tonearm assembly have play? That is: gimble with posts attached to triangle bottom plate. The...
  7. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Running into problems. After the usual degrease I believe it was functioning as it should. Then it wasn’t and something was binding which led me to realize the tonearm feels sloppy. The tonearm pin is riding over the copper pawl so this whole area seems suspect. The SM isn’t much help...
  8. cwh

Ten buck Dual

I would assume an attempted flat cut pvc tubing performs differently than a rounded solid topped steuerpimple. It is really non critical? I’ll give it a try. The way that person laid the Dual on it’s tonearm…how it appeared to me anyways.
  9. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Old projector lense assembly to magnify and phone camera.
  10. cwh

Couldn’t resist: KA-2002A

Hey BB, thanks for your write up on Hifi engine by the way. They really are nice. I spent another 10 minute listening to my test source and it just got better to my ears. This one pulls me in.
  11. cwh

And it works! Equal enough output of around 11wpc as it sits. Music test sounds pretty promising. Even getting pleasing low end. In my opinion this is a more affordable AU-101 alternative.
  12. cwh

Ten buck Dual

This ADC IV stylus is pretty dirty. I did my best to clean and shoot pic. This help?
  13. cwh

My first ebay purchase of a complete unit. I’ve sold a lot but never had the urge to splurge given the prices and the roll of the dice. After completely stripping and rebuilding a KA6004 I’ve become a bit obsessed with this generation of Kenwood. While doom scrolling away my brain cells I came...
  14. cwh

Ten buck Dual

What’s the current approved source for steuerpimples in Dual land?
  15. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Glued on cam.
  16. cwh

Ten buck Dual

17. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Excellent. Assessing with some de-lubing.
  18. cwh

Ten buck Dual

My TT knowledge is sad given my collection of old junk. Not a Shure I think..
  19. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Idler looks ok. Appears these dubious hands are first in since factory.
  20. cwh

Ten buck Dual

Dual 1228 popped up on sale with an old timey price. Whole transaction was so easy that maybe the rejuvenation will be a pain. Looks complete other than a missing cue lever.
  21. cwh

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

It’s a pressboard/masonite type material. I have no idea how limited scale manufacturing of this type was done in the mid 70s.
  22. cwh

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

Fortunate to be a part of such a positive experience! Thank you all for the great feedback. Carl
  23. cwh

Do all audiophiles act like this?

Only bit missing is him bragging about the fancy the caps in his JCL 100s.
  24. cwh

Does anybody remember when Alternative went off the air right across North America?

Thanks for sharing. Thrill Pillows sounds familiar. I’m from Oakland and turned 21 in 97 so the San Francisco scene wasn’t a thing until then. However at midnight I was on Folsom. Maybe at Paradise, maybe had a beer at Twenty Tank. Do remember music and wrestling at Paradise and of course some...
Back
Top Bottom