Search results

1. navcom73

List of DACs Under $450

i understand now,list is filtered by personal views and not what is actually offered to the public.
  2. navcom73

List of DACs Under $450

why the bias aganst mqa?if the feature is there ,use it or dont,but other users might like that its included.
  3. navcom73

List of DACs Under $450

you left out my dac: pro ject pre box s2 digital. specs include, dsd up to 512 and hardware mqa, dual ess sabre 9038 chips,headphone amp,coaxal,toslink and usb. and a sub 400 price.
  4. navcom73

pro-ject pre box s2 digital

upgraded from fx6 dac to the pro-ject pre box s2 digital and use it with my home brew music server. the server is a windows 7 desktop and a samsung tablet .i use the gizmo app on the tab and jriver on the pc and finally got it to work trouble free. the fx6 dac used the windows wasapi whereas the...
  5. navcom73

Recommended Modern Amps

I recommend the anthem 225 . i was looking for an amp that was of a more pure analog design like the amps from the 70s and had top quality components. the anthem has six output divices per channel with massive heatsinks and plenty of room on the chassis to facilitate max cooling. the amp is...
  6. navcom73

new f2624 v2

Ok, will go back and follow all of your guidelines, thanks .
  7. navcom73

new f2624 v2

Using my new dmm and hooked up for a bias check. On f04 , the meter read 62 mA and i could adjust vr03 to get to 30.0mA. Next, on f05, it read 360mA to 412mA and i adjusted vr04 all the way down to 170mA, where i pegged the trimmer . The trimmers are the 200 ohm set. When i was turning vr03 down...
  8. navcom73

new f2624 v2

I used the test doug brewster posted, 100ohm resistor in series with 1.5 battery on the current setting and found out that my dmm is giving a false readout, the meter reads 0.12 mA . there are no up or down buttons to move the decimal point as it is autoranging. I will be shopping for a new dmm.
  9. navcom73

new f2624 v2

my dimm has uA , mA , and 10A settings , the selector was set read mA ,
  10. navcom73

new f2624 v2

I went back and found that tr06 was mounted backwards, pulled it out, checked it on my tester and the readings indicated it ok. Resolderd it back in the board and plugged it back in the molex socket. Now i get identical readings on f04 and f05 , the bias numbers are still in the 0.30 ma range...
  11. navcom73

new f2624 v2

Here are the latest dmm readings. blue wire= -41.4v grey wire= 54.9mv. this is wire to chassis ground. On the bias set up ,f04=0, nothing f05= 0.27ma . the stv3h diodes are installed correctly , the dots facing toward the sides of the board. I checked the voltages across the diodes, with the...
  12. navcom73

new f2624 v2

tnsilver, on the top line you say ..in protection mode , you will get no dc reading fm spkr terminal (red light flashing), and further down say dc voltage is only measured on the speaker terminals or grey/blue wires - when in protection mode. I posted the measurement in another thread, blue=...
  13. navcom73

new f2624 v2

I was careful and the molex connector was soldered in with just the right amount of solder. Is there the chance that the problem is in the power supply board or elsewhere?
  14. navcom73

new f2624 v2

Ok, replaced a fuse in my meter, and did the offset and bias measurements. With the probes on the speaker terminals , go zero volts on both left and right with the selector on "a" speakers. With the change to the amps measurement on the meter, and f05 removed and clips on the fuse mount., i...
  15. navcom73

new f2624 v2

I would like to point out that i followed the b.o.m. for every component i ordered from mouser with the exception of the heat sinks, there was some kind of error because for r-901 and r-902 the mfgr p/n the number is mfs1/2dct52r1000f which mouser list as a 100ohm metal film resistor,but value...
  16. navcom73

new f2624 v2

After i finished the new f2624 board, i set the offset trimmers to half of the 5k value to 2.5k and the bias 100ohm trimmers to 50 ohms to be on the middle values before turning the unit on.
  17. navcom73

new f2624 v2

another member said to measure the voltages from the blue and grey wires comming out of the bottom of the power suppley board, found two that lead to the protection relay circuit board. measured each to ground. blue= -22.7v grey -116milli amps.
  18. navcom73

new f2624 v2

i used the original stv-3h diodes from the oem f2624 board, i have a tester that showed them good. will try to post a jpeg of it next, but the test was for a generic diode on the screen.
  19. navcom73

new f2624 v2

trying to post jpeg
  20. navcom73

new f2624 v2

Finally completed installing all the components on a new v2 f2624 driver board. Plugged my 9090db to the dim bulb tester and turned it on. Flashing red, staying in protection mode, no smoke but only one led glowed dim, the other led was dead. I double checked every cap, resistor, diode, and...
  21. navcom73

new f2624 v2

Finally completed installing all the components on a new v2 f2624 driver board. Plugged my 9090db to the dim bulb tester and turned it on. Flashing red, staying in protection mode, no smoke but only one led glowed dim, the other led was dead. I double checked every cap, resistor, diode, and...
  22. navcom73

f2624 bias trimmers

Thanks for the help, i had no source to the inputs on the initial dc offset/bias adjustment. Waiting on parts from mouser and ebay for the f2624 board.
  23. navcom73

f2624 bias trimmers

I had just finished installing the resistor /transistor pack that qrxrestore is selling. I saw a very small tail of smoke from one of the 180 ohm resistors, r 33 i think on the f2624 board and quickly powered off. I checked all of the new output trannys and found all were good. Next, i pulled...
  24. navcom73

f2624 bias trimmers

Friend cleaned out barn, gave me a sansui 9090db. Replaced two resistors, it came out of protection. Set offset then the bias. One channel went easy, on the other channel, the trimmer was stuck and when it let go i over shot and smoked the board. Found the new blank f2624 on ebay. Downloaded the...
  25. navcom73

howdy fm the southwest texas border.

woodstock era vet, waist deep in vintage audio gear,dusting off collections of treasured lp,s eager for the smell of old circuit boards heating up and the rewarding output of big,heavy thumping collums of stacked speakers.happy to have found this site, thanks all.
Back
Top Bottom