Search results

1. Caughtthebug

Rg1 to sx950 hook up

What's the best way of hooking up rg1 with a sg9500 to sx950. Thank for any help
  2. Caughtthebug

Kenwood kd 5066 cart help

Well thank you. I'll look at the ones you mentioned
  3. Caughtthebug

Can the denon be retip??
  4. Caughtthebug

Thinking of buying a denon dl 110. What else may be good?
  5. Caughtthebug

Ultrasonic record cleaner

Ok been looking at them on auction site. Are they any good?? Dont have a lot to spent. Any recommendations.
  6. Caughtthebug

DIY MC Step Up Transformer

I'm in the process of building a sut with the same altec 15095a what is the best way to set up a ground. And is there good better best wire I should be using.
  7. Caughtthebug

Tuner advice

I'm going to start looking for a tuner for my spec collection. Out of the three tx9500, tx9500-2 and tx9800. Has anyone had a chance to compare any of them. I do listen to the radio a lot. Any advice would be appreciated.
  8. Caughtthebug

Bad Soldering or Heating Damage on the Darlington

My 780 was recap and transistors replaced before I bought it. I blown two sets of darlingtons the first month I had it I think it's been a year now that I did the mod. Well worth the time and money.
  9. Caughtthebug

Pioneer tt value

On the same note. I found two more pots of gold. A sx1250 does not work no light or click Mark up face $1000.00 . Spec 2 about the same condition $700.00. And all fair market value.
  10. Caughtthebug

Pioneer tt value

Thanks guys. I did check the bay there wasn't any. The guy has a tool rental place. I just dope off the concrete saw. I got the vibe it's a pot of gold covered in dust.
  11. Caughtthebug

Pioneer tt value

Pioneer pl 520 no dust cover not bad looking
  12. Caughtthebug

Phono stages question

Rsc16 thanks for your reply.
  13. Caughtthebug

Phono stages question

I have went from a 780 to 950 and now 1010. And all three have been recap. What I have noticed in the 1010 is I have to use more volume to get the same results of the other two using the phono. I have just brushed it off as it is just a difference in the receiver. Now in conversation with a...
  14. Caughtthebug

Wood veneer cabinet for SX-737?

I had the same concerns. It's really not that bad. Strip the old case,fix any damage, and watch some youtube videos on how to veneer. What is the Measurement of the case. I'm thinking I have a leftover piece big enough I could send you.
  15. Caughtthebug

Wood veneer cabinet for SX-737?

Jenkster I'm not familiar with the case on the 737. Is it wood now or vinyl. I just did my daughter's sx790. With a heat gun the vinyl came off easy. This was my second time working with veneer. Just follow some simple steps and you should be ok
  16. Caughtthebug

How not to package a spec two

Not bad. one broken lens. the other one came loose and a slight kink to the top side rail.
  17. Caughtthebug

How not to package a spec two

As I pick up the package and felt the weight slide to one side. I said no f...ing way. So I open it and this is what it was package
  18. Caughtthebug

Pioneer SX-1010 or SX-1080

I had the same dilemma. The 1010 was already recap when I bought it. I pick up the 1080 from and estate auction. When I found out about the hard to find parts I decided not to keep it. It's still on the self covered up. I keep telling myself it would help pay for a 1250.
  19. Caughtthebug

Maryland, DC, Va, PA, NJ Spring Gathering 2018

Crystal and I may be able to make. To early to say.
  20. Caughtthebug

Jbl l100 midrange help

You can buy a kit. I know the principle. But never done one before.
  21. Caughtthebug

Jbl l100 midrange help

Tarlor do you have a person that you would recommend to repair it.
  22. Caughtthebug

Jbl l100 midrange help

Zonker thanks for the reply. But it's dead ill have to look for a new one.
  23. Caughtthebug

Jbl l100 midrange help

I have a Le 5-2 mid that is reading 0. I'm thinking about opening it up to see if a wire is broken. I don't feel any drag when I push in on the cone. Would it be better to cut the dust cap off or just removing the magnet to take a look see. Has anyone have any advice for me.
  24. Caughtthebug

Pioneer SPEC 1 repair and restoration thread!

Can the phono section be improved. I will be ordering the bom list. Thought I would ask before I ordered.
  25. Caughtthebug

2017 Mid Atlantic AK FALL Gathering October 15th - 12 noon till 5-6 pm !!!

Thanks Rob. I will take you up on the 707 parts. As soon as I get time I will make arrangements with you.
Back
Top Bottom