Search results

1. Ric Harris

Anybody know who built the Allied 390 Receiver? It's not a Pioneer.

Here's the insides. I'm not sure if anyone can ID the maker from this or not?
  2. Ric Harris

The center output I have only seen on Kenwood's and maybe Lafayette receivers. I am sure there were others but not many.
  3. Ric Harris

Haven't got it yet but I will once it arrives.
  4. Ric Harris

A friend suggested Foster but the cabinet and the rca center out kind of screams Kenwood but IDK.
  5. Ric Harris

Look at the top on this Kenwood.
  6. Ric Harris

Every first guess's it a Pioneer but look at the top and the rear. It screams Kenwood to me but I really don't know. I'm hoping there's and Allied expert here. It's and oddball....
  7. Ric Harris

Technics SA-500 wont tune in stereo no matter how strong the signal is.

I agree it's a keeper but I sold it. I like Matsushita made audio but I'm and eBay seller and as much as I like the SA-500 it's really more receiver than I'll ever need. I have a Leak Delta 70 amp and tuner and at 35 watts per it fill the need. It's the most boring looking rig on planet earth...
  8. Ric Harris

It actually found the problem. I was testing the aux and tape inputs and turned it back to FM and the light popped on and it began to play in stereo rather than mono. So I used contact cleaner on the input selector knob and it's been fine ever since. I think this SA's been sitting idle for a...
  9. Ric Harris

I picked up a SA 500 and it wont tune in stereo. The stereo light will flicker slightly once and while but it sounds the same in mono as stereo. Any idea's what the culprit is. BTW it's tuning in strong. I had a SA-300 with the same issue.
  10. Ric Harris

Phillips/Marantz SR series. Did they use STK's in those?

Back in the 80's I sold few SR series but most of us at the audio shop regarded them as inferior. All though in hindsight it may be a bit unfair as I don't believe they were any worse than any other of the stuff being made then. My question to those who know a bit more about the brand is. Were...
  11. Ric Harris

Looking for info regarding some vintage Studiomaster Speakers.

I would say that's a fair assessment. I opened them up and to my surprise they had JVC drivers and Taiwanese mids and tweeters. I paid almost nothing for them and I'll likely just junk them. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.They sound better than they should however.
  12. Ric Harris

Looking for info regarding some vintage Studiomaster Speakers.

I had a pair of large 3 way speakers follow me home from goodwill today. The brand is Studiomaster. Made in Chicago, IL They were 6 bucks for the pair so I decided to take a chance hoping the may contain CTS speakers inside them. I haven't cracked them open but I have hooked them up and much to...
  13. Ric Harris

Anyone know who made the MCS 3222? Panasonic or NEC?

It's an odd little duck. I've seen some Concept One's recently that have a similar build design. I just finished putting new bulbs and a pair of caps in it. This thing is pretty sweet. It ain't no Marantz but it's better than I expected.
  14. Ric Harris

I haven't those names mentioned in while. They typically built not engineered too much if memory serves. Being it has the matrix effect NEC must have provided parts and or engineering to it. It ain't special, but he's pretty proud of it. I'll tell him it's a NEC design and leave it at that...
  15. Ric Harris

A buddy of mine just bought a 3222 and asked me who built it and what the WPC was on it. It's pretty early MCS but based on looks I lean toward it being a Panasonic/Technics but the back of the unit looks a bit more like NEC. I'm stumped so I thought I'd ask.
  16. Ric Harris

1968 Kenwood TK-140x Speaker A+B doesn't work. Repair idea's wanted.

It works!!!! You were correct you need 4 speakers hook up before it will work. I thank you very much!
  17. Ric Harris

Will give that a try right now.
  18. Ric Harris

I have two old woodfaced Kenny's from the late 60's that the speaker selection A+B doesn't work. A works, B works just not both together. I deoxed both and it made no difference. Not so much as a sound comes out when I have it set there. Any thoughts on a solution?
  19. Ric Harris

Vintage, who made them?

That's been the consensus thus far.
  20. Ric Harris

Vintage, who made them?

I snagged a pair of homespun speakers at a thrift store yesterday and found these beauties inside. I've seen almost identical speakers branded Lafayette, Matsushita, National Panasonic and Pioneer. Calrad made lots of speakers like that I'm curious if anyone knows who actually made them...
  21. Ric Harris

I shorted out the display lights on a Pioneer SX 424 Help

I found power there. I think I may need to re-solder the wires. Finding 8v gives me some hope. I got and empty stomach and tired eyes so I may take a brake but I found 8v thank god for that,
  22. Ric Harris

Just for shits I wired a 9V to the display and it lit right nice as can be.
  23. Ric Harris

Yes I have a multi tester. Yes the unit plays music great. The stereo light is burnt out and I replaced it. I worked for a moment and then it stopped. My multi tester is pretty crappy. It has ohms and voltage but that's it. I bought a self ranging one but it grew legs and ran off. Likely with my...
  24. Ric Harris

I jumped it and nothing lit up. I'll pull it and solder in a new one and see what happens I have a hunch it's not it. Could I have done something inside the transformer itself?
  25. Ric Harris

It's the interior fuse I pictured ?
Back
Top Bottom