Search results

1. Kwb

Head phone cover plate.

Does anyone have a source from where I can acquire a original head phone jack cover plate? Thank you, Keith
  2. Kwb

L19 Size screws

Do anyone know what size screw needed to mount the 116h woofer in a L19 speaker. I'm replacing the woofers and misplaced the OE screws. Thank you.
  3. Kwb

Need info Jbl-l19

I recently acquired a pair of L-19's in need of re-foaming. Starting researching "how to's" I noticed the center cone on images I looked at was inverted (concave). Mine are convex. They are jbl woofers with serial numbers. Any reason why my center cone would be different? Thank you in advance...
  4. Kwb

Electro-Voice FR12-2

Picked up a set today in excellent condition. Don't know much about them except was (I think) used in schools, Churches, etc.. Their pretty crude looking industrial I guess. Maybe 1970's with screw speaker connections. But anyway, hooked these up in my living room and they sound fantastic! I...
  5. Kwb

Best Headphones in $200.00 range

Can I please have recommendations for headphones in the $200.00 range, maybe a little higher if it's a strong choice. Thank you for your time. Keith
  6. Kwb

Subwoofer connection to vintage SS receivers

I hear conversations that vintage Klipsch Heresy's could benefit greatly from a subwoofer. How would you do that with say using a Pioneer SX-1050 or Marantz 2325???
  7. Kwb

Help w/stylus for Tech1200mk

I purchased a 1200mk2 with a Shure VN35HE cartidge. Not real sure of the stylus. The previous owner told me, but it didn't ring a bell brand wise and I don't want to take it off right now. It sounds decent with unknown hours. Recommended replacement stylus please or I have a little used M97xe...
  8. Kwb

custom plinth

Thought I would share... My Yamaha P-500 has always been very susceptible to rumble, so I tried some suggestions. Its feet are wearing tennis balls then placed on bricks. Much quieter now, but very silly to look at, hence the plinth I built. I wouldn't think you would see too many p-500's...
  9. Kwb

Can't plug my Heresyll's in right now

Ive been running some very nice black heresyll's w/Crites upgrades in my system for awhile now and really like them and proud of them. Here's the problem...I just procured some mint OLA from the original owner. These speakers sound so good I can't unhook them! I've had a pair of Advent/1's...
  10. Kwb

Speaker Showdown

I came across a pair of mint Pioneer hpm-40's that I just had to have because of all the good I've heard about this series. Now granted I know they're not 60's or 100's. Here's the showdown and opinions I would like to hear; I also have a mint pair of Adnent/1's. I would believe these two...
  11. Kwb

Pioneer sx-1050 vs Marantz 2325

I'm currently using a nice 1050, it's been recently serviced and running good. I have a chance to purchase a 2325 but would want to get it checked out (additional money)....Question for comments please. It seems there is a higher value and praise for Marantz would I benefit in switching to the...
  12. Kwb

Rumble with Yamaha p-500

I've tried numerous ways to keep feedback out of my tt set up. Extremes of placing folded blankets,etc to let me turn the volume up. It's not a placement issue imo, I've tried many. Ready to give up. Any recommendations for a vintage tt that's is not so susceptible to rumble at medium to high...
  13. Kwb

Signet MK110E MC

I have a Signet moving coil cart that I purchased in 1983. Used very, very little because I just couldn't get comfortable with the sound when I bought it. It has been stored for 30 plus years. Unfortunately as seen in the picture the stylus is bent. Does anyone have thought on value?? Thanks...
  14. Kwb

Dual 1209

Hello, I'm concerned about a little bit of hum that happens when I bring the tonearm over to start the platter movement. It's quite when everything is powered up and the tonearm is on its rest. I've checked the ground wire and the cartridge seems to be correct to the head shell. Asking if this...
  15. Kwb

Pioneer sx-1050 vs Sansui 9090

Here we go....im 52 yrs old and still love my classic rock. I'm driving Klipsch Heresy ii with Krites improvements. For the last few months I've been running a very nice 1050 thats in such good condition it has needed nothing but cleaning and last checked out 125 wpc. I got the bug and wanted...
  16. Kwb

Dual

Just picked up a Dual 1209 for $125. What do you all think? He had it at $200 but talked him down. It is really clean with no wear marks. It has a Pickering cart, but just ordered the Shure 97 everyone talks about on here.
  17. Kwb

Platter Mat

On recommendation I bought a felt mat to lay over my original rubber mat. This was supposed to help in absorbing and add dampening. The mat was quite high price for just felt! Question...don't know if the benefits are worth the static cling I am getting now, it even sticks to the album when I...
  18. Kwb

HELP

After putting a new cartridge on my tt it sounds like it is in high speed "Chipmunks" Platter speed appears to be correct but sounds high speed. Thank you.
  19. Kwb

Klipsch Heresy vs KG-4

Interested in comments/comparisons dealing with the heresy and kg-4, both from same time period (1987-1988). I own the heresy's, but have a chance to pick up some very nice kg-4's at a decent price. The'll be driven with a Pioneer sx-1050 (125wpc) and playing vinyl. Thanks guys.
  20. Kwb

Pioneer sx-1980

So, if you did or do have a "monster" like this or something similar in watts....what the heck kinda speakers you match up with it?
  21. Kwb

Yamaha P-500

Need help is it worth upgrading. Works flawless. All original with low end cartridge and needle. Do I upgrade the cartridge and needle to something better....and what would that be that would fit? I would do $100 or so if you think its worth it. Thanks for the help!
  22. Kwb

P-500 turntable

Hello folks, New to the site, but I have a p-500 turntable. It's in great shape, works flawless. Original Yamaha heads hell with a inexpensive cartridge and stylus. Is this turntable worth upgrading and putting money into? What should I do with the headset...(cartridge&stylus) ?? Thank you in...
Back
Top Bottom