Search results

1. notropey

Japanese Domestic Market Service Manuals - Anybody know where to find them?

I have a couple of amps that are Japanese only silver faced amps from the late 70's, a M-73 And M-77. The M-77 is related to the Spec-2 so I can hopefully just use that service manual. However the M-73 is a different story, can't find anything other than the 90's amp of the same name. Does...
  2. notropey

Pioneer Spec-2 - No Left Channel - Easy Fix Sugestions?

So I have acquired a Spec-2 actually a Japanese M-77, so a slight difference. It wasn't a runner when I got it, but didn't enter protection mode, so promising. So I cleaned the pots and some the molex connectors and the right channel started to work fine. So my question is is there maybe...
  3. notropey

RT-707 - Left plastic pinch roller for sale?

Nevermind
  4. notropey

RT-707 - Won't play / controls unresponsive, any ideas?

Hi Guys, appreciate any help. I have a RT-707, it turns on, VU's light up, capstan motor is running however the controls for playing won't engage. The direction lights won't light up, either will pause and the bulbs are good in both. This is the variant that doesn't have the fuses underneath, so...
  5. notropey

RT-707 - Transistor - 2SD634 - Equivalent?

Any help is appreciated, I'm trying to find an equivalent to a transistor 2SD634 - the id in my schematic is Q402. I have discovered it is bad in my RT-707. I'm getting a bit of confused with which equivalent would be the best fit. My model is the international multi-voltage version, and most of...
  6. notropey

RT-707 - No Output or Input .... well very very faint. Any ideas?

So I have a RT-707 that I picked up a couple of days ago, this is my 3rd so I know them well. The problem it has apart from being butchered by its previous owner is that when a tape is played on it, there is no audio out via the line out or headphone jack forward or reverse, well there is a very...
  7. notropey

PL-707 Quartz Lock Issue - Capacitors?

I just acquired a Pioneer PL-707 Turntable in decent condition. I ran through it, gave it a good clean, switches and what not. I have a feeling it hasn't seen action in decades. So it works, but it has issues with the speed at start up. After it warms up say after 20mins it plays like a champ...
  8. notropey

Help Identifying Resistor - I'm colour blind - AKAI AM-2800

I was wondering if someone could help me? I need help identifying a resistor. I'm fairly new to this. I'm just recapping an Akai AM-2800 and need a replacement resistor, i'm colour blind so don't trust my eyes and the service manual is very basic. Thanks for any help.
  9. notropey

Akai GXC-570D MK1 - STOP button not working.

I was hoping someone on Audiokarma had a answer for this. So recently I acquired a Akai GXC-570D MK1 worked perfectly and now within the last week or so the stop button doesn't work. It seemed to be intermittent at first but now just doesn't work. I had read of other owners having a similar...
Back
Top Bottom