Search results

1. Bill Ferris

Bose 901 equalizer jacks

Never happened to any of my stereo equipment`s circuit board mounted RCA jacks since purchasing my first Monster Cable interconnects in 1987, and their RCA interconnects are used in ~98 % of my house`s 7 room`s stereo system cabling setups ! I guess that I`m lucky, or know how to carefully...
  2. Bill Ferris

How to Correct "Remastered" for earbuds, midrange-less, horrible EQ

As well as lossy, grainy horrible sounding and compressed and truly un-listenable by me "Pandora Free", IMO/E ! At least my hrs. suffering experience around 8 yrs. back!
  3. Bill Ferris

What are your thoughts on Audyssey?

:lurk:, ;)
  4. Bill Ferris

Using Wiim Pro Plus timer to trigger other devices

That`s what I do with my DAC and (2) separate 24/7365 powered up and operating digital music sources, so either is readily selectable via the S/PDIF coax 4X1 S/PDIF coax remote controllable source selector. They are all low powered devices that feed into my 24/7/365 powered up Mc. preamp which...
  5. Bill Ferris

Things you don't see anymore.

I still have my pricy when purchased Leader brand one (full bandwidth tunable NTSC OTA + cable freq.) from the mid eighties that I purchased for my friends and my own personal use.
  6. Bill Ferris

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

I always thought the song by Dire Straight`s 80ties hit song: "Money for Nothing" could be applicable to a lot of Realtors, IMO ! I was by happenstance in the early spring while helping my B-I-L install a TV antenna pole and antenna and observed the house next door to him a realtor pullup and...
  7. Bill Ferris

Just how many levels of DACs are there?? (Help me to get my next DAC)

FWIW, my current and final selected DAC, using only its S/PDIF coax input, via a 4X1 S/PDIF switcher for use of my 4 separate digital music source`s selection flexibility is the well received and small form factor Pro-ject brand`s currently $499.00 Pre Box S2 Digital one that`s been operating...
  8. Bill Ferris

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Yeah, kicks back a A/K error !
  9. Bill Ferris

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

No pictures here, but because of the mid to high 80ties temps all weekend, my version as pre-prepared for the weekend because she takes off weekends, by my long suffering Caregiver/housekeeper. She pre made (4) Rubin sandwiches on toasted Rye bread with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese then wrapped...
  10. Bill Ferris

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Beach Boys: "Good Vibrations", via my WAV. ripped all day playing music files, as heard in this room`s system`s wonderful sounding Mc. XR-1 bookshelf speakers with their bottom octave supplemented/assisted via a 12" floor firing passive subwoofer using its rebuilt crossover. Effortlessly powered...
  11. Bill Ferris

Where do you obtain/procure your Digital Content? And why?

Purchased, currently 1,500 + (and usually monthly increasing) disc physical media (CD, BR Pure Audio, High res. versions down loaded albums). All WAV. ripped, with the exception, of the BR Pure Audio and Quadio (original 70ties 4 track quad transfers) to several USB 1 Gig capacity flash drives...
  12. Bill Ferris

Rewiring DAT machine XLR socket

Well then with the kind and timely provided information that Petehall347 provided, now you came be on your way proper two channel DAT recording ! All you needed was a "road map" to lead you the rational way without needlessly buggering up/rewiring /connector change out up the DAT`s 5 pin jack`s...
  13. Bill Ferris

Well, there you have it, no more guessing and mucking about with removing & rewiring the existing 5 pin XLR jack ! Just make sure your 5 pin to the (2) 3 pin wye adaptor breakout cables wiring matches the wiring chart above, and 2 channel XLR input capability is now available, with either...
  14. Bill Ferris

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

A very well matured, reliable, non personal microwave exposing, and superior clarity sounding wire based method of telephonic communications, of course ! Why do you ask, Bill S ?
  15. Bill Ferris

FWIW, the recorder`s 5 pin XLR, seems to provide 1 common ground for either a balanced line level input or a balanced microphone input as the label next to it might imply, since all 5 pins of the jack have wires soldered to the jacks pins with the one common shield (ground) connected. I`m not at...
  16. Bill Ferris

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

"Squeaky Wheel gets the grease", or so that hundreds of yrs. old expression goes !
  17. Bill Ferris

Instruments owned by our musical heroes

I have 2 guitars (early sixties Baby Blue Strat, & early seventies sunburst Les Paul) attractively priced offered and sold to me in the very early 2000s that were owned and used on stage by a late eighties ~ nineties era revival of the band Lynyrd Skynrd as a sideman employed guitarist, named...
  18. Bill Ferris

Oscilloscope 2 channel with signal generator recommendations

What other cord ? Don`t know what the need for a dual (AKA T adaptor) BNC adaptor would be needed for, true 50 ohm, or otherwise for your desired intended application. You connect your cell phone`s headphone to RCA cable to one of the inputs (L & R) on your preamp, then connect the output (same...
  19. Bill Ferris

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

I`m 69 yrs. old and the bi-yearly time change was already ongoing long before I was even born, so I just flow with it in my life and not bitch about it !
  20. Bill Ferris

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Yeah, and the shelf above it is getting kiln dried in use, even with this open rack construction, the shelf above it bottom has to be getting pretty warm with only several inches above it and after a considerable time of operation, I suspect the bottom of the shelf above coloring might be taking...
  21. Bill Ferris

I just paid a little extra monthly to Ma Bell for unlisted, & unpublished for my landline throughout the nineties ~ current.
  22. Bill Ferris

"Store bought" was also my first thought, as well ! Kinda too perky !
  23. Bill Ferris

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Can`t go wrong with a timeless classic comfort food meal !
  24. Bill Ferris

Portraits/People

Thanks Derek, I`ve been pining for my 'Smilely" fix.
Back
Top Bottom