Search results

1. hjames

Today's soundtrack recording.

Robbie Robertson has been dead since August 9, 2023, but he's always been Scorsese's favorite ... ;)
  2. hjames

What tv show are you currently binging?

Started Manhunt last night. Hamish Linklater has GOT to be the worst "Lincoln" actor ever, but since he dies pretty quickly, thats mostly irrelevant ... Only 2 episodes have dropped so far (Apple TV) but the whole concept of it being a would be conspiracy to take out the President AND Vice...
  3. hjames

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Life is so short, but I am uplifted by these kind words from all of you! Thank you so very much!
  4. hjames

Birds - Post 'em up

If Birds aren't real, that's a major improvement in animatronics from all I've ever seen. They look SO GOOD up close - ;) Just kidding!
  5. hjames

I am having a religious experience; Masters of The Air. Episodes 1&2

And narrator for the the matched documentary, which is where his name arose. The Tuskeegee Airman were in last week's (8th) episode of Masters of the Air, and the 9th and final episode dropped Friday.
  6. hjames

Birds - Post 'em up

I was doing yardwork out back, its been so nice, May in March as one TV reporter called it. Anyway, I sat down on our brick patio to have some water, and a young robin popped up and was so curious about me. It got very close - I could not resist. Had a young Dove act the same way last week -...
  7. hjames

Global Warming insurance?

Fixed it to be more EXPLICIT - and Spelled It Out! This is not facebook and we don't need ClickBait headlines here. :D
  8. hjames

Do Not Buy Mark Levinson 5101. Piece of Junk

After a need to crawl behind my equipment rack presented itself more than one, I'd plug it into an extension cord or switchable power strip I could access it from the front or from the side so I could restart it without all that grief. Give yourself a break.
  9. hjames

for me, its got NOTHING to do with his military perspective, its not a political thing with me at all. I've just gotten tired of seeing him in so many films. I think it started when I saw him in Forrest Gump, News of the World and the other thing with him and the robot ... There are plenty of...
  10. hjames

local weed growing discussions

My seed order arrived today from North Atlantic Seed Company (NASC) ... Some fancy packaging for a small number of seeds. Product Quantity Price Baldur's Crepe (F) [VOLUME 2 PART 1] - 3 pack Pack Size: 3 pack 1 $60.00 Dirty Bird Freebie - 2pk - Sugar Rim Fem Photo Freebie Strain...
  11. hjames

Thank you all so very much! But I feel guilty sitting at the keyboard - its 74 degrees already! (at 11:15 and its just March 14th) ... a good day for yard work and moving mulch ... And watching frogs & Goldfish ... tho its early for them!
  12. hjames

Storing Records In Order

Yep, my classical recordings all go in a separate 3 or 4 crates at the end of the stack, next to the Celtic Stuff and the Worldbeat boxes. The tough stuff is someone like YoYo Ma, who does all kinds of music with all kinds of folks!
  13. hjames

Storing Records In Order

... wanted to see who was paying attention! You win!! That'd be under Sinatra ... just like his "Live at the Nixon White House" recording at the far right below. (Most of the single CDs formerly in Jewelbox cases have been moved into these CD sleeves that take up much less space, and hold all...
  14. hjames

Storing Records In Order

So, I sort mostly Alpha by Group name - or by prominent lead artists (under Last name) in said band. The Beatles contains all the related Artists, (Harrison, McCartney, etc) and the related groups - Wings, etc. I have a bin for Canterbury Artists (Camel, Caravan, Kevin Ayers, Quiet Sun, Soft...
  15. hjames

Back yard and pond talk

Its 73 degrees at 14:40 today, and its only March 13th! 40 Mins from downtown DC! But we saw 2 frogs at once, sunning on the rocks. Way too early!
  16. hjames

We've been watching Masters of the Air this week - caught up all 8 episodes out so far. The matching documentary on the 100th Airborn is due on Apple TV+ March 15th - Hopefully without Tom Hanks (I'm tired of him as well).
  17. hjames

Just joined!

There is pretty good community in the Fisher forums ... Check them out! https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/fisher.172/
  18. hjames

Just joined!

Welcome to AK! So, you joined an hour ago - perhaps you can tell us a bit about yourself and your interests, where you live, that kind of stuff, instead of rushing to the changing room?
  19. hjames

Well, I have 7 big speakers in the TV room (2 Pair of UREI 809As a pair of DCM TF600s, and the B460 18" sub). One pair of L212s and the Von Schweikerts currently in the living room, the other pair of L212s and the JBL Dynamics Project in our Meditation (storage) Room. A pair of little JBL...
  20. hjames

Well, well, well

But, its got no big bouncing meters. ;( I don't need big blue meters, but the Fosi's gold meters do make a statement. And, if they were only asking $100, I might strongly consider it - for the grin factor alone, doncha know. But at $150, its taking itself a bit too seriously, so I'll have to...
  21. hjames

Okay so I cut down ChocoHaze plant #2 yesterday before I tried out the tent. After it was cut I cut 4 branch ends, dipped them in cloning gel, and stuck them in rooting pots under my kitchen grow lights. They haven't wilted yet - worst case is they dry up as is, best case, they start into new...
  22. hjames

Wow - thats a great looking plant - non-stop bud stalks!
  23. hjames

Our house faces south, which is great for clearing front sidewalk ice in winter, but means the back windows face mostly North, and get no direct sunlight. Plus, that big window looks into this screened in back porch. So full sun there is not really an issue. Our long-term plan is to rebuild that...
  24. hjames

Yep - until I clear out our "Meditation Room" currently used as storage space (spare speakers and so much more), the only possible place to grow is there in the Multimedia room. The basement is too dry and temp varies like crazy. And frankly, I hate that the room is so dark with the big black...
  25. hjames

Woah, I like the way you think, Doug! If I only had room for just one more pair! :D
Back
Top Bottom