Search results

1. boris_CH

My new (used) KEF 104/2 are giving the JBLs a hard time...

I read different opinions regarding the crossover recap. Well known is that KEF used matched components. The question as always is: as long as the caps are in specs is it wise to change them... Honestly I don‘t know yet how to proceed here.
  2. boris_CH

My new (used) KEF 104/2 are giving the JBLs a hard time...

Just bought another pair of speakers. KEF 104/2 reference series. Overall in pretty good condition, however the dust caps on the bass need replacement, the woofer surrounds seem to be ok - guess someone made that in the past. Not to forget the tweeter which most probably needs some ferrofluid...
  3. boris_CH

Added a pair of Telefunken TLX3 professional to the collection

Could not resist to give those a try...
  4. boris_CH

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Nubert Nubox (still have them) JBL XPL 140 (still have them) Revox AX4-3 (gave them to my parents) Revox AX5-4 (sold - fabulous speakers btw.) Goodman Dimension 8 (still have them but guess I sell them) JBL L90 (my main speakers) JBL XPL 90 (still have them) Klipsch Heresy II (the tube amp /...
  5. boris_CH

Another Pioneer SX 1250 restoration

Old caps still in excellent condition... Guess there is no reason to replace them? What about the 2nd relais, should I change it?
  6. boris_CH

Ok, my Chinese caps just arrived. Packaging was horrible, so one piece got a dent, but nothing too serious... Measurement within the tolerance range...
  7. boris_CH

Just a small progress. Ordered parts for the 3rd time and always miss something. Of course you got the min. order quantity otherwise some massive shipping costs... However. Most of the caps and transistors changed and back in place. Off to order no. 4...
  8. boris_CH

Ok - had a look at the available datasheets. Not that easy for me, but I try to understand that stuff. I could not find the trr spec for the 1S1886. Talking about an upgrade means I can use the "faster" replacement? Could someone crosscheck if the other replacement types I tried to identify are...
  9. boris_CH

Hey guys, the SM listed some diodes I don't know the appropriate replacement. 1S1886 - that's 200V, 1 A, right? But what about those LFSM, VF, IR,... parameters? I don't know exactly what to choose. Is THAT an appropriate replacement? Same is for the other codes. Don't know exactly what to...
  10. boris_CH

Not yet - waiting for some parts...
  11. boris_CH

Ok, got rid of all the transistors on the stabilizer board. The soldering points on the back were questionable, don't know who did what on that board... And here is the patient - still a lot to do...
  12. boris_CH

Thanks for the advice. Just checked a couple of pictures in the net and yes, you're absolutely right. That board has some strange parts on it. Guess it will take a little bit longer than initially thought... For the 4 big filter caps I took a bit of risk and ordered some no name caps from ebay...
  13. boris_CH

Aaaand new caps on the stabilizer board...
  14. boris_CH

Ok, protection board has new caps and a new relay. Regarding the transistors I am a bit unsure. I ordered parts according the confirmed replacement list. It's saying 2SC1166 (2SC1384) to be replaced with 512-KSC2690AYS. What Digi-Key delivered (left) looks a bit different from the original...
  15. boris_CH

Just desoldered all the caps from the stabilizer board and tested them. All but one were good. The little sucker C6 was dead... Waiting for my Digi-Key delivery...
  16. boris_CH

Hey guys, some of the caps on the stabilizer board are glued and sticking to the board like crazy. How do you get rid of it? I don't want to use too much force, to not damage the board. Some heat from a hairdryer maybe?
  17. boris_CH

Maybe I should add, that the previous owner said, that the unit used to work and then started with some temporary breaks - of course I don't know if that's the truth...
  18. boris_CH

Thanks for the hints. The DBT should be built quite easy. Already removed the bottom cover and checked the big caps. They look fine. I will have a look on the stabilizer board tomorrow.
  19. boris_CH

Hi there, could a moderator maybe move this thread in the Pioneer section? Thanks a lot!
  20. boris_CH

Ok, checked the electrolyt capacitors on the protection board- all still in specs. I could be wrong, but the relay looks like someone already tried to open it (sorry pics not that sharp...) - not yet checked the diodes...
  21. boris_CH

Not 100% sure. I hear a click when switching off, but nothing when switching on... or my ears are already bad... ;)
  22. boris_CH

Yes - sure ;)
  23. boris_CH

Thanks guys, I will have a look at the Pioneer forum here...
  24. boris_CH

Hey Rob, did not yet check anything, just made a lot of cleaning. Regarding the relay clicks there is nothing to hear. Just the lights turn on, but nothing more. I will have a closer look at the service manual...
Back
Top Bottom