Search results

1. Greyrat

Yamaha CR-620 popping sound

ok. i'll check it out.
  2. Greyrat

Sorry I have a correction. I wanted to confirm the issue and listened to both channels - the Right channel i know definitely has the popping issue. So i unhooked the right speaker and listened to the Left channel while i had my coffee this morning and the left channel actually sounded pretty...
  3. Greyrat

Yes, both channels are having issues. I had it on for about 5 minutes and i heard crackles, pops, and drop outs from both speakers.
  4. Greyrat

The popping sound it at the 8 second mark. Brace yourself!
  5. Greyrat

Hi, I recently picked up a very cosmetically nice Yamaha CR-620. Although cosmetically nice - there is something going on with the unit that is causing it to make loud crackly popping noises. I suspect the popping noises blew out the foam on my Boston Acoustic HD7 speakers - which are...
  6. Greyrat

Need some soldering how-to advice

I realize this is an old thread but I found this soldering instruction series by PACE to be excellent. The theme music and the way the guy is dressed looks like he is about to call a football game, but don't let that put you off. Really good stuff. The kind of soldering the OP was asking...
  7. Greyrat

Scott made a monster receiver?!

You get the Scott 380R out of the garage and onto the street?
  8. Greyrat

SCOTT 390R restoration

Very nice Scott! The wood sides seem to have a nicer look to them then the stock veneer sides. Did you upgrade the wood sides?
  9. Greyrat

DC offset puzzle (SCOTT 460A)

This guy does a pretty deep dive into troubleshooting a Scott 460a amplifier. I found this to be a very cool video. His bulb tester gets the "ultimate bulb tester" award.
  10. Greyrat

Technics RS TR265 issues

Old thread but posting as a PSA. These gears are being made now by entrepreneurs - mostly outside the US though. The part is RDG5772ZC RDG5772ZA. Searching for one of these Part # - should yield some results on your favorite auction sites. Attached is image of gear.
  11. Greyrat

HH Scott R376, A416, A426, A437 era and more.

Saw up on eBay service manual lots for sale for many of the late 70's early 80's HH Scott units. I don't have these particular units - mine are all the 460-A or 380R variety. Posting here because i saw a service bulletin for the A437 included in a lot, which I've never seen before from HH...
  12. Greyrat

HH Scott 370R question

no my lights are not flickering on the 380r. I had a 370r previously that had flicker and sizzling sound from the power switch. I sold that unit. I was actually looking to do the @audiojones triac mod - just wondering if anyone has done it on a Scott of this era and had any pics or notes...
  13. Greyrat

HH Scott 370R question

@sparklow - did you make this fix? Would you be able to post a picture of how this looks after the fix on a scott 3x0R? i have a nice 380R that i would like to do this fix on to head off the eventual power switch issues. thx.
  14. Greyrat

DC offset puzzle (SCOTT 460A)

Elnaldo - The Scott lineup from that 1979 year all seem to be plagued by high DC offset. I've had 4 receivers and 2 amps all with high DC offset: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/hh-scott-and-dc-offset.273153/#post-3334563 Seems like you increased resistance to reduce the offset...
  15. Greyrat

How to clean a tuner (analog)

I have a Scott 380R receiver that has had scratchy FM reception up and down the dial since I acquired it about 10 yrs ago. Pretty bad and hard to just overlook. A couple of years ago I tried this procedure and took a conservative approach - very cautious with the non-residue CRC spray, and...
  16. Greyrat

Stylus recommendation

Marcmorin/elnaldo - Thx. for the replies and suggestions.
  17. Greyrat

Stylus recommendation

I should add that my current cartridge is a audio technica TC350EP - it's the one that came with the turntable. I've had it about 10 years. Don't play a ton of vinyl - but indulge when I have the time. Just started thinking about "should I replace that needle, and what would take?" Total...
  18. Greyrat

Stylus recommendation

Hi, I have a HH Scott PS 77XV Quartz direct drive turntable. This model here: http://www.vinylengine.com/library/hh-scott/ps-77xv.shtml I would like a recommendation on what would be a good needle/stylus for this guy. Not top of the line but decent. Not sure what to get or where to start...
  19. Greyrat

HH Scott 460a Integrated

Just wanted to followup on this. It turned out to be dirty switch, not to be confused with the controls. The switch on this unit is a long white plastic channel that has a cable going into it. When you turn the switch on the unit from Aux/Tape/Phono etc this cable moves inside the channel. I...
  20. Greyrat

Beatles Jazz 8 track

Hello tapers I picked up a beatles "go jazz" 8 track tape while on vacation and would like to get it converted to a CD. The tape basically has 8 early beatles songs on it done by the "big band all stars". I don't have an 8 track player (and have enough gear already) So, I was just curious if...
  21. Greyrat

HH Scott and DC offset

Yeah - I like the power switches on the amplifier better. Thanks for the info on your 380r.
  22. Greyrat

HH Scott and DC offset

The amp board is the PSMA030COX section on the scan.
  23. Greyrat

HH Scott and DC offset

Thought I would start a thread for any ideas on why HH Scotts from the late 70's would have high DC offset. (refer to Echowars DC offset sticky) I have 3Scott receivers (2 380r's and 1 370r) from this era and an amplifier (460a). The 370r was my first vintage receiver and I've really dug them...
  24. Greyrat

H.H. Scott 350R

I realize this an an old thread - just posting for fyi info. There are adjustable pots on the amp board on my 370r and 380r's. The service manual for the 370r and 380r calls for measuring voltage across two resistors on the amp board and keeping it within 20% of a specific reading. I am not...
  25. Greyrat

HH Scott 460a Integrated

I searched around on AK for some other channel dropout type issues and a recommendeded troubleshooting tip was to reverse the L preamp out to the R Amp in and the R preamp out to the L Amp in. Doing so caused the problem to move from the L channel to the R channel. The phono section seems to...
Back
Top Bottom