Search results

1. popsicality

Opera Consonance PM1 phone pre

Hard to believe it's been almost two years since this thread was revived. But here I am AGAIN! Curious if your PM-1 has a hum? I always figured that mine was normal, but never bothered to find out. If I crank the volume all the way, I can hear what sounds like a low volume grounding hum (I have...
  2. popsicality

My Rega has a hum I cannot find!

Ok, update! Got everything in and soldered appropriately BUT there's still a loud buzz... maybe even louder? How do I get rid of this BUZZ?!?!
  3. popsicality

Ok need a little help here. Ordered mine and it came! Now I'm at a frustrating step where I've removed the wiring EXCEPT for the white and green wires which won't come out, but instead only break when I try to pull them. Also, the rubber piece near the headshell wouldn't come out and instead...
  4. popsicality

Hmm. Perhaps I'll get a rewire kit, then! How doable is it? Should I just pay someone to do it (like yourself maybe!)?
  5. popsicality

Would you recommend I rewire this badboy? Been thinking about doing it for years now. Would that A) solve this buzz/hum and/or B) sound better in your opinion?
  6. popsicality

The yellow? Not sure what to make of any of this, really. What should this look like? Also, any ideas to what's causing my hum now?
  7. popsicality

It has not. I bought the tt from the original owner who hadn't used it in 20+ years. Then to try to get the hum out, I desoldered the other end of that black wire from the left ground and gave it its own speaker wire as a dedicated ground. It didn't fix anything, nor did things get worse.
  8. popsicality

Looks like it's soldered to that spring thing. Now what? by the way, my tt is not this dusty. The light is accentuating things!
  9. popsicality

Got it! Now what, coach? Here's a photo of the inside, since I have no idea what I'm looking at! and yes, 300 tonearm
  10. popsicality

I can't seem to get the counterweight stub to unscrew. I took the counterweight off, and now I should be able to grab the silver metal stub and unscrew it? Thank you for your help by the way! I hope you can help me fix this!
  11. popsicality

Interconnects are Analysis Plus purple cables. I still haven't figured this out!
  12. popsicality

A new note I've noticed: When I touch both something in the system (like my headphone amp) and something not in that same signal path (like my dac) at the same time, the buzz goes away 100%!
  13. popsicality

Sorry, I forgot about this thread! lol the ground wire was originally connected to the left/ground in the RCA. Now it is connected to a separate speaker cable that is acting as a dedicated ground going to my phono amp's ground. when I disconnect it from the phono ground, a crazy loud (louder...
  14. popsicality

Wow, ok a lot of replies here. Thank you everyone! A few additional notes: -Cart is a Nagaoka MP110 -I have no idea how much contact the ground wire has to the tonearms metal work. how would I go about finding out without any fancy tools? -It is a high pitched buzz, not a low pitch hum. sorry...
  15. popsicality

Hey all, I have a Rega P3 and it's always had a bit of a hum. I've spent hours looking up the fix and have gone as far as to open up the tonearm, decouple the ground from the left channel and give it a dedicated separate ground wire. Didn't help. Hum is still there. Here's what i've noticed...
  16. popsicality

input bleed on a preamp/integrated

Hey guys, I have a question regarding preamp/integrated inputs. My buddy has a very expensive Don Sachs preamp, and I noticed the inputs bleed from one to another. In other words, when he has a source going in input 1, but his preamp is set to input 2, you can hear sound coming out that that...
  17. popsicality

Anyone else with Schiit Bifrost?

Just got my Bifrost and I'm absolutely loving the little thing. Anyone here had one and upgraded it to the gen 5 usb and multibit? Are those upgrades worth it?
  18. popsicality

USB Cable Matter?

I keep hearing about this damn cable. Stupid thing costs nearly as much as my DAC, but I'm still thinking about it!
  19. popsicality

a few tube-noob questions

That's a great point. My system is in my signature, but I can provide a little more info. Opera Consonance PM-1 Phono Pre is what the tubes will be in. Vista Audio 20w integrated amp. Rega Planar 3 TT with a Nagaoka mp-110 cart all going into some Bob Brines designed full range driver towers
  20. popsicality

excellent! Gold Lions for me then. Thank you for your 'input' :naughty:
  21. popsicality

Let me know if you do! I like the idea of tinkering and replacing parts in the signal path with higher end parts. I also like the idea of knowing what the hell im doing before I start tinkering (which I dont).
  22. popsicality

wee

wee
  23. popsicality

Huh, interesting. Nothing that could have been upgraded? What about that big cap near the tubes? Couldn't you put in a sweet cap thats not as old as the preamp itself and get some better performance?
  24. popsicality

you mentioned doing a couple upgrades to the PM-1, right? Anything you'd recommend? Are you still using the og umbilical cord? Mine is old and looks so flimsy.
  25. popsicality

Hey guys, I have a sweet tube phono stage and am looking into getting new tubes for it. It uses 12ax7 tubes. A couple of questions I have- Can I also use 12au7 and 12at7 tubes? Where should I buy from for the best prices and options? Any tubes you recommend for warmth, detail and low noise...
Back
Top Bottom