Search results

1. popsicality

My Rega has a hum I cannot find!

Hey all, I have a Rega P3 and it's always had a bit of a hum. I've spent hours looking up the fix and have gone as far as to open up the tonearm, decouple the ground from the left channel and give it a dedicated separate ground wire. Didn't help. Hum is still there. Here's what i've noticed...
  2. popsicality

input bleed on a preamp/integrated

Hey guys, I have a question regarding preamp/integrated inputs. My buddy has a very expensive Don Sachs preamp, and I noticed the inputs bleed from one to another. In other words, when he has a source going in input 1, but his preamp is set to input 2, you can hear sound coming out that that...
  3. popsicality

Anyone else with Schiit Bifrost?

Just got my Bifrost and I'm absolutely loving the little thing. Anyone here had one and upgraded it to the gen 5 usb and multibit? Are those upgrades worth it?
  4. popsicality

a few tube-noob questions

Hey guys, I have a sweet tube phono stage and am looking into getting new tubes for it. It uses 12ax7 tubes. A couple of questions I have- Can I also use 12au7 and 12at7 tubes? Where should I buy from for the best prices and options? Any tubes you recommend for warmth, detail and low noise...
  5. popsicality

Selling my TT to get the piece of schiit

Hey guys- I have an original (circa 1990) Rega Plana 3, with the original Elyse cart (low miles, have been using a different cart). Uograded Aluminum sub plat, upgraded Delrin platter, and Edward's audio belt. I'm curious what you think I can get for it. Open to anything anyone has to say. Thanks!
  6. popsicality

FLAC Cataloguer?

Hey all, I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find anything. I'm new to digital music and am looking for an iTunes type program to catalog and play my flac collection. I also don't want to pay for this program. Don't care about streaming to my phone or anything...
  7. popsicality

FLAC sources?

Hey all, I finally got myself a DAC and now I'm going flac happy- only I don't know where to find them! I'd like to get some flac files of the albums I already own on CD and Vinyl- where can I find some?
  8. popsicality

Changing tubes on old Consonance PM-1 Phono Stage

Hey all, I'm about to change the tubes in my Consonance PM-1 phono stage to some sovtek 12ax7LPS tubes. I'm a first timer here and I remember someone telling me about tube bias. What is it, and should I worry about it?
  9. popsicality

Just got a Consonance Pm-1

Hey friends, My neighbor (who sadly just moved) gave me his old tube phono stage. It's a Consonance PM-1. Since this is my intro to tubes, my question to you is how do i know when to replace the tubes? And what with?
  10. popsicality

Replacing old Elys cartridge

Hey all, I'm looking to replace my 20+ y/o Elys cartridge on my Planar 3. Don't even know where to begin. I've been looking at the Ortophon 2m Blue and the Rega Elys 2. Any recommendations? Also don't know much about the three point fixing on my table. Will the blue even work?
  11. popsicality

U-turn Orbit Tonearm opinions?

Hey all, With his girlfriend, I just bought my friend a Uturn Orbit because I've only heard great thing. The one thing I haven't heard anything about is the tonearm. Anyone have any info or opinions? Thanks!
  12. popsicality

KLH Speaker ID?

I just found these in my apartment behind some old stuff. No idea who's they are. Anyone know anything about them? I can't find any info.
  13. popsicality

Your speaker pick for sub $250

Hey all, I recently posted a thread about my speakers not imaging at all (polk monitor 4 II). A lot of your gave me great advice. Thank you! Sorry in advance if anyone finds this thread repetitive. I just want to make an easier to organize thread. I'll update this post with everyones top picks.
  14. popsicality

Having the hardest time with imaging

I remember my friend showing me his audio set up. A rotel RA12 hooked up to some Golden Ear Triton 3s I think. I remember being able to audibly SEE the instruments. "there's the bassist!" I would say while pointing at nothing. It was magical. That's what got me into it myself. Yet I CANNOT...
  15. popsicality

Turntable with no ground?

Forgive me if this had been discussed (im sure it has). My amp is a Rega Brio 3, and I'm about to grab my first turntable. I'm now noticing my amp doesn't have a ground... thing. It does have a phono input (and a good one from what I hear). so I guess I have three questions. 1) What does the...
  16. popsicality

Found Planar 3. is this legit?

Hey guys, I found a Rega Planar 3 used for 200 bucks. She says it's "like 20 years old, but barely used". She doesn't know what cartridge is on it. She also said it works perfectly. Should I get it? This will be my first tt and I have a Rega Brio 3 int amp.
  17. popsicality

Bass seems lacking

Hey guys, my speakers don't really sound like their bass is quite there. I've read nothing about them having bad bass, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. I don't have any stands or isolation pads- they're just on my desk. Shoud I get something? I'm using Polk Audio Monitor Series 2 speakers...
  18. popsicality

Good affordable DAC ?

I realize there's a list of dacs with prices, but the list doesn't come with reviews or recommendations. Anyone have any opinions of what DAC I should get? I have a Rega Brio 3 driving some Polk Monitor 2 speakers. Budget is under 200.
  19. popsicality

TurnTable noob questions

Hey y'all. Can someone crunch the list of all turn table related lingo for me? Things like groundwire, tone arm, stylus/cartridge, all that. Just go nuts. I'm here to learn. Don't be afraid to get technical! Thank you all :)
  20. popsicality

Looking for first TT!

I have a Rega Brio 3, Polk Monitor Series 2 speakers, and a PS1 for CDs. I need ANALOGUE! What turn table do you guys recommend given my setup style (simple, good, no bells and whistles)? I don't want to spend more than 400. Ideally 200. Ideally free! Thanks friends!
  21. popsicality

Speaker Wire & RCA cables?

I apologize in advance if (and I'm sure it has) been answered already. If so, please link me to a good thread. The search feature is frustrating me. I'm building a new stereo setup, and the last pieces I still need are an RCA cable and speaker wire. What should I get!? Rega Brio 3, PS1, and...
  22. popsicality

Looking to build a stereo set up

Hey guys, first post here. I just bought a Playstation 1 SCHP-1001 for my CD player, and some Boston HD7 speakers. I really don't know what to do for an amp/preamp. budget would be $250 or so for both with a little wiggle room. Any ideas? I'm not opposed to integrated, but it sounds like...
Back
Top Bottom