Search results

1. danj

Worst book to film adaptation

SyFy (The Sci-Fi Channel) adaption of Philip Jose Farmer's classic RIVERWORLD was a real dog which bore scant resemblence to Farmer's work.
  2. danj

CBS reboot - Equalizer

Queen Latifa deserves a better show than the boring and forgettable "The Equalizer."
  3. danj

Why do they have to drop the "F" bomb when it could do just as well without it.

lazy script writers and poor directors.
  4. danj

Journey to the center of the earth

I like the movie. Taken on its own, it's a decent sci-fi adventure for kids. As an adaption of the Jules Verne novel, it's a big failure.
  5. danj

What do you think about the TV show Lucifer

my brother talked me into watching a few episodes. i was not impressed and won't watch it again.
  6. danj

First Film Camera

my first was a Kodak Brownie that shot 127 film.
  7. danj

What camera(s) do you own?

The more I use my RX100 the more I like it. It's a remarkable little camera.
  8. danj

Technics sl 220 scroe and questions

Do a little research and you will find many web sites which sell belts. Most of them have cross reference charts so you can find the proper belt. You might need to clean the speed adjustment pots to completely stabilize speeds. Go to vinylengine.com to download a free service manual. There...
  9. danj

B & W Pics

bump
  10. danj

Classy Women

yep. lost mine 2 years ago to a massive stroke.
  11. danj

What cartridges are we using?

The 'Grado" Dance on a 3009 II? I ran a Grado Silver on one and it tracked beautifully.
  12. danj

Best sounding/recording consumer cassette deck ever made?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  13. danj

Post your Sunset & Sunrise pictures

Most of the images in this thread are outstanding! Good job, people.
  14. danj

Post your photography!!

A couple
  15. danj

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Never, because of my brother's cat.
  16. danj

Did you go to the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival?

I was 15 and ran away from home (Oklahoma City) to try to get there. I got apprehended the same day so I had to settle for the movie.
  17. danj

Dual 1019 Rescue Mission

Back in the days when repairing turntables was a good second job for me, I saw many tables coming in that had been sprayed with WD40. That would usually result in an extra charge for undoing the damage caused by the WD40, before I coyld even get to the initial problem. No surprises for such...
  18. danj

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Take a nice video of dancing young people, loop it and add music. Ouila! A quick video. This is one of my tunes, called HAPPY BEATS.
  19. danj

Cars and other things with wheels.

My second car show video. It overlaps, a bit, my earlier video but has many new cars, The tune is one of mine called "Drive He Said."
  20. danj

Info About Audio-Technica AT80E Elliptical Diamond Cartridge

Certainly a very decent near entry-level cartridge. I have one with an LP Gear stylus and I like it a great deal. Tracks at 2 to 2.5 grams with the stock stylus, The LP gear stylus tracks perfectly at 1.5. That cost me about $80 about 18 months ago. You could do a lot worse. I am concerned...
  21. danj

Heavily Tweaked Images

None close to Salem. I live between Salem and Brooks. We had some heavy rain and most of the smoke has blown away. The closest fire to me is a good 25 miles away. Thanks for asking!
  22. danj

No wonder aftermarket Stanton/Pickering styli are considered bad

XV15 750E. I also bought a Pickering replacement (LP Gear - Japan) to use with my Stanton 680Q. It fits great and sounds wonderful.
  23. danj

Color difference between RAW and JPG

A friend of mine and I shot our class reunion a couple years ago. She used her Canon EOS 5d Mk II with an "L" lens. I used my Sony NEX6 (APS) with a Zeiss and a Sigma prime. We both shot RAW. I processed the images using Canon software for her's and Sony software for mine. I noticed a...
  24. danj

Vintage film cameras

I used to own one and loved it. The lens is top quality. I stupidly sold it but will soon buy another.
Back
Top Bottom