Search results

1. B

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

Agreed! That black face Optonica is a sexy bitch!
  2. B

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Well DR, it looks like I have the 2000. It measured out at roughly 1100 and change. I have to be honest, I'm not really very impressed with it so far. It's not very detailed in the mids and the bass is lacking. I listened to 2112 on it, then switched to my AT120E and recalibrated the table for...
  3. B

Wood grain vinyl plinth cleaning question

I picked up a Hitachi PS-48 over the weekend and just finished windexing off 30 years of resin . Quick question: what do you guys use to put a shine on the wood grain vinyl?
  4. B

Here are a couple of pics of the cartridge and replacement stylus box.
  5. B

Wow! What a thread! I think I came to the right place for some help! I just bought a Hitachi PS-48 and it came with an Empire 4500 Z lll. The previous owner put a new stylus on it but the compatibility listing on the packaging only lists 2000 series. If I'm correct from the little bit of...
  6. B

Hey Adcom users.....

I just paired up a GFA-555 II with a Rotel RC995 pre and it sounds pretty sweet on my SDA 2b's. Plus I can use my universal remote with it.
  7. B

Yamaha YP-B4 question

Success! I downloaded a protractor and whoa baby, was the cartridge ever out of wack. I don't know how I never noticed before but once it was on the grid it was clearly cattywampus. So, I just did a complete setup and the table sounds great. Problem solved.
  8. B

Yamaha YP-B4 question

I have a strange problem. When I use the start button (the table is an automatic) instead of the needle setting down on the lead in, it sets down a little into the track. Is there an adjustment for this? Could it be a cartridge alignment issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  9. B

I have a dilemma and need some help!

I just bought a Rotel RC-995 (I mean just...it's still in transit!) and a guy just contacted me and wants to trade me a MAC 4280 for an old PS3. Of course I'm going to do it, but, which one of these would make a better pre-amp with my GFA-555II and SDA 2b's? I'm only asking for opinions...
  10. B

Realistic LAB-440

What's shakin' everybody? I just picked up a LAB-440 today and I have a couple of questions I'd like to pose to any of our resident turntable wizards/gurus/witch doctors who may be looking at this. Everything seems to work as it should, but there are a couple of cosmetic issues I'd like to...
  11. B

Preamp reccomendation for my father

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/emotiva-xsp-1-gen-2.810769/ This guy has a great deal on a really nice Emotiva.
  12. B

Amplifiers/receivers - Help me make a choice

If it were my money, I'd go with the GFA-535 II.
  13. B

Forte II passive radiator repair question

This is what I'm talking about.
  14. B

I can get pics when I escape the gulag (get home from work). But it's about an inch or 2 right at the inner edge of the surround where it's glued to the cone.
  15. B

Yo dudes. I scored a free pair of Forte II's (I know, right?!) that are in nice shape except for a small hole in the surround on one of the PR's. My question is, what material and glue should I use to patch it up? Thanks in advance.
  16. B

My Realistic receiver collection...

Really cool stack!
  17. B

Nikko Beta III preamp

I probably will eventually but it sounds pretty fantastic as it sits.
  18. B

Looking for service/update repair person for sx-1050

Talk to dr*audio. He's in the greater Cleveland area.
  19. B

Nikko Beta III preamp

I picked this up with the matching EQ, a DBX 3BX III range expander, and a couple of tuners for $40. Unfortunately neither of the tuners is a Nikko, but I'm not complaining. (Anybody know where I can find a Gamma 1? ) Anyway, I wish I had taken some pics before I started the cleanup. The guy...
  20. B

Latest score...

Traded this really cool dude one of my old dirt bikes for it. As you can imagine, we both walked away smiling. I can't wait to get her naked! I'll post pics when I do.
  21. B

Under rated speakers

JBL S38 studio series bookshelves. Not world class, but mighty fine.
  22. B

Most Underrated Receivers, Amplifiers, Speakers?

Toshiba SA-7100 110w/ch Sounds fantastic. Plus it has the cool hideaway door that covers the tone controls. I love mine. It's a keeper.
  23. B

Did I do good?

You are absolutely right! I'll get some pics tomorrow night!
  24. B

Did I do good?

So last night I'm cruising Facebook marketplace and I spy a post that's only about an hour old. It reads, "Stereo: $100". So, of course, I have to check the series of blurry pictures. In the first picture, I can see it's a full Technics system, but not the model numbers. Turns out the...
Back
Top Bottom