Search results

1. erasehead

Advice for buying long term Reel to Reel

I learned theory, operation, and maintenance, on a beast made up of 16 Ampex 440’s stringed together on a VTR deck. That aside, 2 channel 1/4 decks go for very reasonable prices. I fell into it pretty hard, took me years to really get it: i understand such madness is not for everyone. but...
  2. erasehead

Inside the reverb chamber at United Recording

What a cool thread. This is great stuff.
  3. erasehead

Losing my HF hearing...... what's the solution? Graphic Equalizer? Something else ??

this, unamplified and in a good room being critical, but yes, 100% this.
  4. erasehead

Investing in Vintage Stereo - Is This Stupid?

"Increased popularity of music"?
  5. erasehead

MC2300 = serious bidness

Great amp you have there! A 2300 was my first piece of McIntosh gear. I had no idea what I was getting into. I reached a deal with the seller, bent over to pick up the amp and the darn thing didn't budge. I swear it even snickered and mocked my weakness. Its an abusive relationship but we've...
  6. erasehead

Best used full-range speakers <$1000, again...

Be patient and save a little more for some Khorns and be happy, or buy some VMPS if you like the passive radiator thump, or some Tannoys if your into the spacial details. But honestly, if you think 20k has any real value pm me the reason. Most recorders ( making the records ), not to mention...
  7. erasehead

Last Best Thing I Heard on My McIntosh

My 225 arrived about a week ago. Surpassed my expectations, wonderful little thing. That amp with my 110Z into 63 Khorns has been playing Talking Heads '77.Pretty much wore out True Stories before that. Darn good recordings.
  8. erasehead

Don't ruin the deal for the guy that gets there before you! Please...

I do this, but only when I am face to face with the seller and I can asses the situation. Its usually with widows and the elderly. I try and talk the elderly out of selling musical instruments as I feel that continuing to, or at least having the option to make music especially for the lifers is...
  9. erasehead

Last Best Thing I Heard on My McIntosh

Bo Diddley - self titled - Man that record has some sonic brilliance. Jerome just kills it on that one. Perfect. Record.
  10. erasehead

1st Mcintosh... MC60 Monoblocks. Advice please.

I hate seeing sloppy work on such a nice piece.The good news is it should sound killer when you get it all straightened out. Sucks though, seems to me the seller may have hid a few things under the rug.
  11. erasehead

flipping gear

You have the right to sell or not sell to whom ever you please. If one doesn't want to sell to a flipper they certainly don't have to. It's not difficult to figure out ones intentions, however once you sell it........ Personally I think the good hearted flipper is a valued member of the...
  12. erasehead

MC 2300

I would use common sense and hope for the best. Does it look beat? Does the seller seem like a sleeze? Buying old stuff is a gamble, but damn it sure is a wonderful and reliable piece of kit. I use mine in a demanding professional environment and it steps up everytime.
  13. erasehead

Hi-Fi...What Is The Goal?

For this humble listener, euphoria.
  14. erasehead

Chinese Tube Amps, how bad are they, or are there any gems to be had

I've owned a 300b Music Angel that I aquired through a trade for five or so years now and it's put up with me flawlessly. It had previously been gone through by a local tech, I do not know the extent of his modifications, but it's a beautiful sounding and reliable little guy.
  15. erasehead

This pairing

has been making me very, very happy.
  16. erasehead

BIG Speakers. Let's see them!!

17. erasehead

user error.

user error.
Back
Top Bottom