Search results

1. legal eagle

The right turntable for a Hitachi set

That looks like a nice TT. However, my gear is a year or two earlier. The Hitachi HT-466 is 1979 and mine are from around 1977-8. Now I have to find n HT-58...will probably take a while, but I'm in no hurry :beatnik:
  2. legal eagle

Cool - great idea! Found it: Hitachi PS-58.
  3. legal eagle

I am considering adding a TT to my Hitachi set in order to build a period correct set, and I'm wondering whether there was a TT Hitachi put out as part of the series. The set (currently in storage) consists of a HCA-7500 preamp, HMA-7500 amp and FT-440 tuner. Anybody?
  4. legal eagle

Diatone DS-35b vs JBL L80T

:needpics: (especially given that I am thinking of getting a pair of L80T these days).
  5. legal eagle

JBL L80T vs. Tannoy Jopiter 307

Need help here.. I have a line on a pair of floorstanding JBL L80T and a pair of Tannoy Jopiter 307's. Same price, naturally the Tannoys look a bit younger and made in England. Before I go and listen to them, can anybody here tell me what to expect of each? I listen to practically everything...
  6. legal eagle

Bryston 0.4b preamp - next to nothing online

Thanks...no, don't drag your whole complex out, not for me :biggrin:. How come there's nothing online about these? They are over 30 years old - I he it. But there are plenty of audio gear from that era and before that gets loads of attention online, so what gives?? :confused:
  7. legal eagle

Bryston 0.4b preamp - next to nothing online

Trying to find info about the Bryston 0.4b preamp. No reviews! Some mentions of sales, but no user opinions. Strange. Any opinions on why the lack of opinions online about that particular model? Also - any opinions about that model (as long as we're here, you know...:-)?
  8. legal eagle

Bowers & Wilkins P5/P7 alternative?

Ammm? :rolleyes:
  9. legal eagle

Bowers & Wilkins P5/P7 alternative?

Been looking for a pair of Bowers & Wilkins P5 (gen 2) or P7 in vain. One of the reasons I like these (aside from the sound) is that I love the build quality, and fact they use real leather for the earpads instead of the crap material most other manufacturers use (even the good once). Once...
  10. legal eagle

On/Off switch

Heh, sold mine 2 months ago...
  11. legal eagle

On/Off switch

Thanks - bear in mind that my question is not about leaving the system on for prolonged time periods, but about turning it on and off using the single switch at the surge protector.
  12. legal eagle

On/Off switch

My system (A class) develops some serious heat when on, so its a good idea to turn it off when I know it might be a while before I do some listening to it. The whole system is connected to a surge protector that can be turned on and off at a flick of a button. How bad (or perhaps good) is it to...
  13. legal eagle

Checking out a McIntosh MC2120 and a C28

Look for bubbles on the glass. It is a common cosmetics only problem. Chances are such old gear will need a good contacts cleaning and perhaps a tech to replace some dried out stuff. Had the c-28, an amazing preamp.
  14. legal eagle

Unique gem...

Good stuff!
  15. legal eagle

Going to check out this flawless Luxman CL-40 today, anything I should be wary of?

I second what blue shadow said: This is one rare serious preamp, and worth taking the chance of a repair. Try to get a feel of the seller: if he comes across as honest, this means he will not try to hide the protection thing from the next prospective buyer, hence will be willing to work with...
  16. legal eagle

Headphone amp hookup with EQ

Thanks robgmn, That's what i was hoping to hear. The eq is the sound shaper 3. A superb peace of gear.
  17. legal eagle

"SLM JACK When used with the Audio Dynamics SLM-300 Sound level meter, Pink-Noise Record and 20 foot Interconnecting Audio cable, the right channel "LED METER"on the equalizer will read the output of the sound level meter directly. This permits you to adjust the equalizer at the equalizer...
  18. legal eagle

Well, the eq has something that looks like a headphones jack (though its called "SLM". i don't know what that means) but i will need a headphones amp because of the distance i will be sitting away from the system - i intend to place the headphones amp about 6 ft away using long RCA cables.
  19. legal eagle

I would like to add an Headphone amp to my setup, but there's a problem: Hooking up headphone amps is done through the tape in/out which are taken by my equalizer. Any solutions to that? Can it be done through the equalizer?
  20. legal eagle

How to straighten a warped record?

Tough crowd tonight, tough crowd... The warped records are not that bad, and not that many. We are talking 7-8 records, that are just slightly warped, and it makes them skip. They can and deserve to be saved.
  21. legal eagle

True - but sometimes fresh ideas pop up...
  22. legal eagle

Records shamefully neglected for years, now taking their revenge. How can I win them back?
  23. legal eagle

What TT's do you folks have

I'll take a trustworthy and enjoyable old piece of gear over a shiny new toy with the latest bells and whistles any day: Knowing it's so well built is part of the psych that adds to our perception of how good the sound is just as knowing that stuff built nowadays is probably not built that well...
  24. legal eagle

Is it that old?!
  25. legal eagle

My humble contribution - Tannoy Micro Seiki TD55DD, Creek Phono stage:
Back
Top Bottom