Search results

1. amit46

Need Help repairing a Pioneer pl-l1000

Hi!...you will need to replace the cmos ICs that ie IC no.8 and 10 and your set will come alive.....also may be IC No.15 which controls the size selector function. These ICs are pretty cheap online...Good luck!
  2. amit46

Yamaha PX-3, need some help

Hi buddy.. The tone arm motor control circuit gets turned on the moment you press Queing button or when the Play button is pressed than the microprocessor gives command when the arm comes to the Drop Point. Tone arm tracking motor is controlled by an op-amp circuit which is basically configured...
  3. amit46

Any time..its my pleasure to share information I am a big DIY since last 45 years.... Will make a list of parts and other things you will need to buy. Its pretty easy to desolder and solder new parts of the same values. You can practice a dry run of removing and soldering parts on any old item...
  4. amit46

Yes it is my mistake there is a solenoid which gets current when the arm is at the drop point or when ever the cueing button is pressed for lowering the arm.. While the arm assembly is moved across the record back or forth the tracking sensor circuits do not operate. At this time the tracking...
  5. amit46

In other words till the cueing relay is not activated by the main microprocessor the tracking motor and its IC do not activate.
  6. amit46

Also the muting relay is controlled by the main microprocessor at the same time.
  7. amit46

The only electronic link to the arm is the cueing plunger which lowers and lifts the tonearm. When pressing play or cue button the tracking motor circuits get activated..........whenever the plunger is activated for lowering the tone arm the control system sends signal also to the Tracking...
  8. amit46

The tone arm motor circuit activates moment the tonearm cueing plunger relay activates releasing the tonearm on to the record. Now if there is any offset at the op-amp IC input it will give signal to the motor drive which way to turn and most of the time the arm moves forward before it lands on...
  9. amit46

chances of the arm assembly tilting is very remote....one can check the level of the arm very easily with a small round bubble level. Over years the value of the presets do get deteriorated....these days you have high quality BOURNE's variable resistors and they are multi-turn types. This allows...
  10. amit46

As per my knowledge the DC balance of the motor drive circuit should be reading 0.0 volts DC or +/-20mV maximum. Try adjusting VR1 on the control board.....Just buy a $20 Digital Multi meter from Radio Shack..... Just connect the DMM to the test points and set for 0.0 volts or closest to +/-...
  11. amit46

Since you have not fiddled with the original arm assembly pivots and other adjustments....the motor control circuit needs re-adjustments. This same thing happened with my Pioneer and Technics linear tracking turn table. The LED photo sensor voltages where 20-30% out of specifications. Also the...
  12. amit46

The transport belts and its assembly needs cleaning...over time the lube gets hardened and the belts need changing. Down load service manual and other information from VINYLENGINE website...from the library go to Yamaha PX-3 and down load everything......this will help you to understand. Also if...
  13. amit46

Loving my Vinyl collections everyday!

Loving my Vinyl collections everyday!
  14. amit46

What are the best vintage linear tracking turntables?

Read my post regarding servicing a linear tracker...
  15. amit46

Good quality Linear trackers are good subject to the sensitivity of the arm drive motor and accuracy of the components surrounding the driver IC. After 35 years the arm motor magnet gets weak, the carbon film resistors of those days lose their quality, most of the capacitors become out of specs...
  16. amit46

Recently I picked up a Pioneer PL-L50 linear tracking turntable. I already have Technics SL-DL-5, Sony and a JVC linear tracking turntables. The Pioneer PL-L50 linear tracking turntable was serviced by me just like did for the other three units. I replaced the following parts: 1). Linear...
  17. amit46

Linear tracking - a myth debunked?

My system is set for my bedroom....so when I am listening to the system the center channel is at my ear level...the surround effect is excellent...Thanks
  18. amit46

The cartridge alignment and correct tracking force plays a very important role in life of the vinyls...Linear tracking turntable when its finely aligned the anti-skating force is almost nil with a tracking error within 0.3 to 0.1 degrees and where as the pivoted arm turntables (the best of best)...
  19. amit46

Well it is a matter of listening taste...The basic signals of all audio recordings are in analogue form..I too have a high end home surround with OPPO blue ray player.... only high grade audio music on Blu-rays are nearly perfect to analogue signals so it boils down to what you want to listen...
  20. amit46

Here is some more information for the linear tracking turntable improvements which I had made to Technics SL-DL-5 and Pioneeer PL-L550 models. 1). Replaced the tone arm motors which were exact size to the originals with 1.5-12 volts working range. These mini DC motors (Brand:Mabuchi they are...
  21. amit46

I am a great fan of Linear Tracking turntables. I have a collection of them.....The Technics SL-DL5 and Pioneer PL-L550 which have been serviced and restored by me work great and sound excellent with a Audio Technica AT311 Shibata stylus. Both have excellent tracking abilities and effortlessly...
  22. amit46

GRADO Vs Audio Technica

I have three linear tracking turntables, Technics SL-DL5, JVC LE-22B and Sony PS-LX-55 and the best performance is from the Techincs SL-DL-5 which I had serviced at home. I had changed all capacitors and improved the power supply section by using LM317 and 7805 voltage regulators which removed...
  23. amit46

GRADO Vs Audio Technica

24. amit46

Phono cartridge capacitance loading

I am using a Audio Technica AT311 with a Shibata Stylus . I measured the cable capacitance + tone arm lead capacitance and found them to be around 50pf. The cable length from the turntable to the preamplifier is 2 feet. I found this setup giving the best possible sound from my system. Earlier I...
  25. amit46

Put $$ into Cart? or external preamp?

I have tried 4 phono preamplifier circuits starting from VSPS (A310 board from Hong Kong slightly tweaked by myself), Bugle-II (A300 board from Hong Kong), Two from Elliot Sounds and finally settled for the phono peamplifier from Elliot Sound which has two stages of RIAA correction (Series &...
Back
Top Bottom