Search results

1. Chris Dykes

De-apoc B&W 802

Thank you Ken! I'm going to try it on the older crossover I have first and then will do so on the one connected in the speaker. Have you noticed a change in sound when you bypassed the system? I had to replace the diaphragms of the tweeters when I purchased and found a supplier from the...
  2. Chris Dykes

De-apoc B&W 802

Thanks for your quick response Ken! I haven't done anything yet. If I make those two changes will I have effectively bypassed the apoc system? I understand that it is supposed to improve the sound quality. Thanks again for your help Ken!
  3. Chris Dykes

De-apoc B&W 802

Hi All, I've rebuilt the crossovers in my B&W DM7 MkII speakers but am having trouble with the relay in one of them. (They worked well after the recap but I've been working on the cabinets for the past few months and upon reconnecting them, the APOC system is activated in one of them.) I've...
  4. Chris Dykes

Cap47 - I just picked up the identical RCA VMT 76 console you have. Are you still active in...

Cap47 - I just picked up the identical RCA VMT 76 console you have. Are you still active in Audiokarma? I have a question about the amp.
  5. Chris Dykes

Let's Restore A Dynaco ST-400!

Here's a quick video of the ST400 in action: https://photos.app.goo.gl/lddjX3xQEDf7XoY33
  6. Chris Dykes

Let's Restore a Dynaco PAT-5!

PS - I've purchased wire on Amazon for the ST400 update - both 18 gauge: http://a.co/1bj9Zb4 and 16 gauge: http://a.co/eWaxlOk
  7. Chris Dykes

Let's Restore a Dynaco PAT-5!

Hi Gray - I can't take credit for the PAT5 - that's the way I bought it. I think it's 16 gauge - but I can check and let you know.
  8. Chris Dykes

Rod - I took a look at your pictures - looks like some moisture issues - ie: rusted screws etc. I think you'd benefit greatly from replacing the PC-28 boards. You can find a replacement PC-30 board as well on ebay I believe. You can clean-up everything else inside the amp to make it shiny and...
  9. Chris Dykes

Hi Rod! Great to hear from an ORIGINAL owner and BUILDER! Most of us have picked up units that were built and owned by someone else. Qua-Co on e-bay has driver boards with all components that work great for about $90 per board. Just type Dynaco ST-400 in the search and you'll find his kits...
  10. Chris Dykes

Transistor Replacements for Darlington/BJTs & Outputs Kenwood KA3700

Thanks Roger! I am going to start with the output transistors that I know are shorted. I thought I would use this amp as a learning experience and work through each board one component at a time. I really would like to learn to use an oscilloscope for testing and diagnostics
  11. Chris Dykes

Transistor Replacements for Darlington/BJTs & Outputs Kenwood KA3700

Hi All, I've done as much legwork as I can to identify good replacement options for the driver and output transistors in the nice little Kenwood KA3700 amp. I would love opinions on selecting the best replacement options. I see that NTE - while convenient - is often maligned as being low or...
  12. Chris Dykes

B&W DM7 MK II Test and Repair

Hi MJ1958Werner - can you tell me how you bypassed the APOC system? I have the schematic, but am unsure how to rewire to bypass it.
  13. Chris Dykes

Bizarre Symptoms for Marantz 3800

What does it mean to reflow the sockets?
  14. Chris Dykes

Great thought Petehall - cost of shipping with no guarantee that he'd get it right means I'd rather find someone closer.
  15. Chris Dykes

Hi All! I need some help diagnosing some very disturbing symptoms with my 3800 that JUST came back from the shop! There is modest output even when the volume is at zero. (Running either Aux input, or Tape 1. Will try other inputs as well, but may not use current speakers to test). Don’t get...
  16. Chris Dykes

AWESOME! Love a simple problem hiding behind all the complexities. Good job finding it!
  17. Chris Dykes

Sorry to hear about that NOT cool.
  18. Chris Dykes

Restoring & modding a Marantz 3800

Hi All, If you're still monitoring this thread, I need some help diagnosing some very disturbing symptoms with my 3800 that JUST came back from the shop! There is modest output even when the volume is at zero. (Running either Aux input, or Tape 1. Will try other inputs as well, but may not use...
  19. Chris Dykes

My New B&W DM7 MKII's!!!

Old thread I know. Just picked up a pair of DM7 MK2 with bad tweeters. Researching a repair through a company in Norway that sells a replacement membrane/voicecoil. Hoping it works! I too have a pair of DM12 and run them on a Hafler DH220. They come into their own once you give them some real power.
  20. Chris Dykes

My Klipsch Belle inspired "clone" build w/pictures. In the house!

In credible work! I live in Indianapolis and bet the folks at Klipsch would love to see these! :)
  21. Chris Dykes

Here's Ed's direct email: ed122@yahoo.com
  22. Chris Dykes

I will send asap
  23. Chris Dykes

Need pics! What system is a part of? Which speakers are you driving? So happy for you!
  24. Chris Dykes

Thanks for the parts list Jim! I've downloaded and saved.

Thanks for the parts list Jim! I've downloaded and saved.
Back
Top Bottom