Search results

1. Cscarlet41

Wharfedale Owners Thread

I totally agree with your opinion, the Dovedales are amazing speakers. Mine are Dovedale 3s and I haven’t checked but doubt they have been recapped. I’m thinking of doing it but to be honest, I’m struggling to think how they would sound any better so I keep putting it off. I have this week...
  2. Cscarlet41

My Garrard Lab 80 Obsession

Looking forward to seeing them all!
  3. Cscarlet41

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My second favourite Pink Floyd album.
  4. Cscarlet41

John Mayall Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton Mono 1966 Decca ffrr Finally got my copy of the Beano album for a decent price. Sounds absolutely sublime.
  5. Cscarlet41

My Wharfedale Dovedale 3 Speakers - a little history

I bought my Dovedales last year and have just thrown out the packing boxes they arrived in as they were old and rather shabby. Before I threw them out I did a quick bit of research on the shipping labels that were on the boxes, photos of which are attached. The speakers were bought and shipped...
  6. Cscarlet41

My best score on eBay so far. 6 near mint Moodly Blues albums for £10.51 and free postage! In search of the lost chord On the threshold of a dream A question of balance Seventh sojourn Octare Long distance voyager
  7. Cscarlet41

McLemore Avenue Booker T & the MGs 1970 Stax Records This has been on my wish list for quite a while
  8. Cscarlet41

Just scored a copy for next to nothing on eBay so celebrating with a listen!
  9. Cscarlet41

Back in the early 90s I collected all bar a few of this Blues Collection - 90 CDs in total. I think it came out fortnightly with a magazine but the magazines have long since gone. Just re-ripping them to flac and thought it was about time I made the effort to listen to some of them!
  10. Cscarlet41

It came with a Shure M44-7 so I just put a new stylus in it. Very authoritative sound. Have been contemplating trying another cart like the Nagaoka MP-110 or the Ortofon 2M Blue as these seem to get good reviews and I think would go fine with the tonearm....but just keep buying and listening to...
  11. Cscarlet41

Thank you. I couldn't be happier with it. Not enough hours in the day to listen to it. Only really got back into listening to records last year and finally settled on a vintage system with that British sound after a brief spell with a B&O setup.
  12. Cscarlet41

You've made me get up and turn it up another notch :banana:
  13. Cscarlet41

I've been very pleased with mine so far. I don't think you will be disappointed.
  14. Cscarlet41

A rather special moment in my return to LP's. Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon 30th Anniversary Remaster 2003 I hope it's as good as I'm led to believe. I've only ever heard the 20th Anniversary version from 1993 on CD.
  15. Cscarlet41

Yes it's a Mani and I absolutely love it. IMO it punches well above its weight for the price. Opened out the soundstage and I'm hearing detail that I didn't before through the phono on my Sansui 661 receiver - and I was happy with that.
  16. Cscarlet41

Car boot #4/5 ABBA The Singles: The First Ten Years
  17. Cscarlet41

Car boot #3/5 Herb Alpert Sounds Like
  18. Cscarlet41

Car boot sale #2/5 Santana Caravanserai 1972 Needs a second clean but still good to listen to.
  19. Cscarlet41

Car boot sale #1/5
Back
Top Bottom