Search results

1. Smack2k

Good equalizer compliment to SX-838

Hello all, Looking for some recommendations on models of Pioneer equalizers to pair with my SX-838. I know there is the SG-9500, but its pricey from what I see and doesnt look to be as wide as the SX-838. Its a really nice eq, but not sure I can afford one! Any others recommended that would...
  2. Smack2k

De Jay Swinger Assistance

The screw doesnt seem to be a tri-wing screw. The middle of this screw / bolt is raised so a tri-wing bit cant get in to remove it. Any idea what bit I may be looking for?
  3. Smack2k

Thanks! I have those security bits.....I dont know why I didnt notice that! I will lookup Gary....much appreciated!!!
  4. Smack2k

Hello, Picked up my old portable turntable from when I was a kid. It's an old DeJay Swinger table. Probably not anything great, but I want to get it working and make it look nice again. I have a couple questions. 1. What stylus / cartridge can I replace this with? I have a photo of the...
  5. Smack2k

NAD 5170 Issues

I cleaned the lens initially and that did nothing. So I wanted to lubricate all the parts and make sure it was working. I dont see any loose plugs or pinched wires, and I have gone through it several times. But maybe I did and just cant see it. No fuses in these I could check?
  6. Smack2k

NAD 5170 Issues

I took apart my NAD 5170 CD Player unit to work on an issue with discs not playing. When I put the unit back together and powered it on, I get nothing from the display now. It came on for about 2 seconds, then went off. The device is still getting power to the circuit boards. Are there fuse's...
  7. Smack2k

AKAI GX1820d Reel To Reel Belt Replacement

I ordered a belt replacement for my AKAI GX18209df as I have a box of reels I'd like to check and see whats on them. My question is, how difficult is the belt to change? I have taken it apart according to directions in Service Manual, but the manual ends with taking the mech part on top and...
  8. Smack2k

Sourcing a Fisher Lid Assembly

Does anyone know any place I could look to find a lid and hinge assembly for a Fisher MT-750 linear tracking turntable? Have one and want to keep it as a backup unit, but its missing the lid.
  9. Smack2k

Best Sony Cassette Deck Option

Thabks for looking
  10. Smack2k

Best Sony Cassette Deck Option

Not that any of these are top of the line, but I got 3 Sony Decks that all need repair. Which of these would be the best for me to get working properly? I was looking for a new cassette deck as my old one bit the dust a while back. Didnt want to spend a ton so I found these 3 that I can fix...
  11. Smack2k

Subwoofer Options - SX-838

ITs an SW-HT32 Kenwood Sub With the Y connected to the switch and the HT receiver unplugged from it, same kind of sound issue on right channel. Like something is in front of the speaker muffling it a bit Same when going from Y directly to the Sub. Maybe its the sub?
  12. Smack2k

If I remove the connection to the switch (and also the sub), the sound changes on the right channel and sounds just like the left.
  13. Smack2k

It clears up and sounds identical to left channel if I remove the sub from pre-amp and main in and put the jumper back on
  14. Smack2k

Is it normal that the right channel speaker would sound like its treble is turned down much lower than the left channel speaker? I know the sub is hooked up on the right side as well, but the right channel speaker sounds like something is sitting in front of it muffling the sound just a bit.
  15. Smack2k

You were correct, it was the Y Cable....tried another one and it works as it should. Appreciate your assistance.....thanks again.
  16. Smack2k

Yeah, I know the Y cable is immaterial to the HT, I was just explaining the connections. Here's a quick sketch
  17. Smack2k

I can get a photo but Ive checked the connections From HT receiver to In on channel a of switch From Sub to the Out of the switch Y-Cable from Pre-Amp and Main In Right on Pioneer to in on channel b of switch I can try another Y cable I guess but there were no issues on the HT side. Sub...
  18. Smack2k

I tried this option and if I have only the one cable in the Pre-Amp or if I have a Y-Cable going to Pre-Amp and Main In, I'm getting no sound out of the right speaker. Once I removed the cables and put the jumper back in, the right speaker was working again. The Y Cable was connected to the...
  19. Smack2k

You mentioned not using 1 channel on the Pioneer, but would I have any other options if the sub only has the one input?
  20. Smack2k

Speaker Selector Switcher Boxes - Good?

Thanks for all the advice. I dropped the cash and got a device. I dont even know what that safety knife switch thing is.....looks intetesting though. Again, I appreciate it
  21. Smack2k

Would this be OK as well? https://www.amazon.com/SOLUPEAK-P2-Amplifier-Switcher-Loudspeaker/dp/B093GSS8P7/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=amp+selector+switch&qid=1645456896&sprefix=amp+selector%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-3
  22. Smack2k

I am space limited where my stereo equipment can be hooked up. That being said, I am in the process of hooking up my old Pioneer receiver in teh same area I have a newer Kenwood receiver. The Pioneer will have my turntable running from it. The Kenwood runs CD Player and goes to my PC. Due to...
  23. Smack2k

I have a couple of those switches, so could hook that up My sub does have the controls on it, so I can look into marking them for each setup. Also have the Y-Cable adapters so should be doable. I plan to get another sub eventually, but using the sub for both systems will work temporarily...
  24. Smack2k

Another "I just dont know" question. Please feel free to poke fun where applicable!! I have a Powered Sub that is hooked up to my "newer" 2001-ish 5.1 system. The sub only has a line input on it and connects to the pre-amp out on my receiver. Can this sub be used in anyway on my Pioneer...
  25. Smack2k

Thanks....that helps me out a lot. I really appreciate it!
Back
Top Bottom