Search results

1. Smack2k

Good equalizer compliment to SX-838

Hello all, Looking for some recommendations on models of Pioneer equalizers to pair with my SX-838. I know there is the SG-9500, but its pricey from what I see and doesnt look to be as wide as the SX-838. Its a really nice eq, but not sure I can afford one! Any others recommended that would...
  2. Smack2k

De Jay Swinger Assistance

Hello, Picked up my old portable turntable from when I was a kid. It's an old DeJay Swinger table. Probably not anything great, but I want to get it working and make it look nice again. I have a couple questions. 1. What stylus / cartridge can I replace this with? I have a photo of the...
  3. Smack2k

NAD 5170 Issues

I took apart my NAD 5170 CD Player unit to work on an issue with discs not playing. When I put the unit back together and powered it on, I get nothing from the display now. It came on for about 2 seconds, then went off. The device is still getting power to the circuit boards. Are there fuse's...
  4. Smack2k

AKAI GX1820d Reel To Reel Belt Replacement

I ordered a belt replacement for my AKAI GX18209df as I have a box of reels I'd like to check and see whats on them. My question is, how difficult is the belt to change? I have taken it apart according to directions in Service Manual, but the manual ends with taking the mech part on top and...
  5. Smack2k

Sourcing a Fisher Lid Assembly

Does anyone know any place I could look to find a lid and hinge assembly for a Fisher MT-750 linear tracking turntable? Have one and want to keep it as a backup unit, but its missing the lid.
  6. Smack2k

Best Sony Cassette Deck Option

Not that any of these are top of the line, but I got 3 Sony Decks that all need repair. Which of these would be the best for me to get working properly? I was looking for a new cassette deck as my old one bit the dust a while back. Didnt want to spend a ton so I found these 3 that I can fix...
  7. Smack2k

Speaker Selector Switcher Boxes - Good?

I am space limited where my stereo equipment can be hooked up. That being said, I am in the process of hooking up my old Pioneer receiver in teh same area I have a newer Kenwood receiver. The Pioneer will have my turntable running from it. The Kenwood runs CD Player and goes to my PC. Due to...
  8. Smack2k

Subwoofer Options - SX-838

I have ok bookshelf speakers with my SX-838 (due to available space). They are JBL 2500's. I wanted to know if there were any options to add a subwoofer, powered or non-powered, to the system? I'm not sure where one would be connected in the back. Your advice and assistance is greatly...
  9. Smack2k

Pioneer SX Series Front Glass

Would it be possible to use the glass of a different SX Series model to replace the glass in an SX-838? I have been trying to find new glass panel for my 838 for a LONG time with no luck and wondered if any of the other models glass would work, as I see front panels for other models online for...
  10. Smack2k

Pioneer SX-838 Glass Dimensions

Shot in the dark here. Does anyone happen to know the dimensions and hole placements for an SX-838 front panel glass? I want to get a plexiglass or glass cut for it but I dont know the details to give
  11. Smack2k

Sony PS-T3 Issues, Assistance Greatly Appreciated

Hello, Having issues with Sony PS-T3 and not sure if its something worth trying to fix or if its shot. i took a video of what is happening when you start a record and posted the video here https://www.reddit.com/r/turntables/comments/s84gab/sony_pst3_issues_assistance_appreciated/ Regardless...
  12. Smack2k

What are are these Pioneer Speaker Connectors called?

On the back of CS-701a Pioneer Speakers, what are the speaker wire connectors that screw onto the back called? I need to find a pair of them, but dont need to buy the whole unit on the back.... Any help is greatly appreciated.
  13. Smack2k

Direct Drive Turntable - Learn

Id like to learn about how a direct drive turntable works and how all the parts underneath work and interract to make the system run. A video would.be ideal that goes over it to a novice. Any good places I could get the info? Specifically for 70s Sony turntable. Thanks
  14. Smack2k

VR-407 - Hum

Hey all I have a Kenwood VR-407 from 1999-2000 that just in the last few days is causing a hum-noise out of the 5.1 speakers. On the back of the receiver, if you tap with two fingers in the area between the sub input / video 2 ports on the bottom and the cylindrical video inputs at the top the...
  15. Smack2k

Marantz 2216B Receiver Fuse Lamps

Is it OK to put 8V 250 milliamp LED bulbs into a 2216B for front panel lights? I know the original bulbs are 8V 200 milliamp, so wanted to know if it would hurt the system to run the 250 milliamp? If not, I will just get replacement 8V 200. Thanks!
  16. Smack2k

Creating a Dial Pointer Stick

Anyone have any recommendations on what to use as a replacement for a broken off dial pointer stick? The mechanism for the dial pointer is fine, its wired fine and works, just the stick is broken off.....looking for some ideas on something I could use in its place....
  17. Smack2k

Seeking Dimensions for Glass - SX-838

Does anyone know the diameter of the holes for both the Tuner Dial and the Muting button? Lnd how far from the edge the widest part of the hole is? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
  18. Smack2k

Aksi 1820d play issur

Working on getting an old AKAI 1820d working Had an issue and a questiom hoping someone can assist me with Issue - I have the system apart. When i turn the lever to play, the arm that is supposed to move up and pull the brskes off the tape wheels doesnt move if i manually move it up the...
  19. Smack2k

Recommend me a Record Player

I am looking for recommendations on a decent turntable...used or new. My Sony PS-T3 isnt working and fixing it has not been working, so I wanted to just get something else that is decent / good and works....old / new, looking for recommendations on something to get...will be hooking it up to my...
  20. Smack2k

PS-T3 Physical Repair Assistance

Hey all, Wondering if anyone has a solution for this... My Sony PS-T3 I am in the process of cleaning up and getting ready to use has some damage on the front right whre the switch for repeat / start/stop is. Its not dented or anything, just has what looks like some of the covering eaten off...
  21. Smack2k

SX-838 Front Panel Question

Hello all, Does anyone happen to know where to source a front panel assembly for an SX-838? I restored mine a while ago, but am still missing the front glass and the tuner stick (that snapped off)...I didnt think I was going to ever get the front finished but I saw recently on ebay a Front...
  22. Smack2k

Stylus / Cartridge Recommendations

Restoring my father's old Sony PS-T3 table to use....wanted to know a good stylus / cartridge to get for it...nothing super expensive, but nothing crappy either...not sure what's what in the stylus world or what exactly I'd need..... Appreciate the assistance!
  23. Smack2k

VR-407 / Subwoofer Woes

Hello all, Have a Kenwood VR-407 unit that has been really good to me for years...recently while we are watching TV, the system starts making loud bass pops and sounds like someone is rubbing their hands over a microphone and doesnt stop until we power down the system and pull the plug. Its...
  24. Smack2k

Pioneer SX-838 Left Channel Issues

My Pioneer SX-838 Receiver that I restored about a year ago has been giving me issues with the left channel. No matter what Speaker set I choose (A, B, C), the left channel goes in and out or gets static. its driving me crazy as I want this thing to sound as good as it did before this started...
  25. Smack2k

SX-838 Dial Pointer Options

I have searched around a LOT and havent been able to find the DIal Pointer assembly for an SX-838. My assemby works fine, but the illuminated stick broke off some time ago while the unit sat in a basement for 20 some years. Are there any alternatives or something I could use to glue onto the...
Back
Top Bottom