Search results

1. CZ4A

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Metallica- ...And Justice For All (2018 remaster) Laptop -> Behringer UCA222 -> Garage1217 Project Sunrise III with Tung-Sol round-plate/black glass 6SN7GT -> Fostex x Massdrop T-X0 with Dekoni earpads
  2. CZ4A

Lets See All Them Axes

Those are actually Schecter-branded locking tuners. I don't think Grover made them (some Googling says they are Korean-made). They hold the tune pretty well.
  3. CZ4A

Lets See All Them Axes

My first guitar is here. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/lets-see-all-them-axes.193577/page-81#post-11692796 I recently purchased a second guitar, (takes deep breath) a used Schecter Diamond Series Blackjack SLS Solo-6 P Hell's Gate. It originally came with Seymour Duncan 59 neck...
  4. CZ4A

Anyone know who might have made this Zaerix 12AT7?

Looks like RFT from East Germany.
  5. CZ4A

Todays METAL playlist

Horrendous - Idol
  6. CZ4A

Excuse Me, I'm looking for schematics for a reel-to-reel by Stuzzi

So far, no joy on the schematics aside from Radio Museum, which I'm not a member of. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/stuzzi_tricorder_578w.html I did find my misplaced jeweler's flathead, so I was able to remove the white control knobs and front face plate and have a better look under the hood...
  7. CZ4A

Excuse Me, I'm looking for schematics for a reel-to-reel by Stuzzi

Today I purchased my first reel-to-reel tape recorder, a Stuzzi Tricorder 578W made in Austria. It's all original and came with a reel of unused Kodak tape. The tubes I could access (ECC83, ECC85, ECL82) all test fine and it powers up, but it won't actually take up the tape. I'd like to find a...
  8. CZ4A

APPJ-PA0901A Mini Watt Tube Amplifier owners what do you think of it?

Absolutely! The sound improved everywhere on my PA1502A, even over using premium tubes. The best improvements were to the detail, bass, and soundstage. The Head-Fi thread referenced earlier in this thread has some of the speaker amp users report the same positive results. You'll want to replace...
  9. CZ4A

APPJ-PA0901A Mini Watt Tube Amplifier owners what do you think of it?

Correct, blue film caps are coupling caps, C10 and C11 are the cathode caps. On my PA1502A the original cathode caps were rated at 220uf. I'm not using any especially fancy caps either. I replaced the coupling caps in mine with Wima MKP4 polypropylene at 0.47uf, and the cathode bypass caps were...
  10. CZ4A

12AX7 ID request - is this a Mullard?

The etch code is a bit difficult to read, but I think I see a not-equals sign (≠). If there is, then that means it's a Siemens tube. I have a few 6DJ8s and 12AT7s that were Siemens-made but relabeled for American manufacturers like RCA and Magnavox.
  11. CZ4A

Todays METAL playlist

Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
  12. CZ4A

Today's soundtrack recording.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Original Soundtrack, Vol. 2: Wave 103 (New Wave radio station)
  13. CZ4A

Todays METAL playlist

Black Crown Initiate - Selves We Cannot Forgive
  14. CZ4A

Yet another tube newcomer/ Arkay model A-12

I'm gonna bump this thread again. I recently bought two Arkay A-12s (and one FL-10) from a Craigslist seller. They have different caps and a mish-mash of tubes and knobs, but they "ran when parked." I will be recapping them, maybe give them a fresh coat of hammered copper paint, and at least...
  15. CZ4A

ID of amp using Western Electric transfos

Yesterday I purchased this ampf rom a Craigslist seller. I didn't take a close look at it at first, except I noticed two switches marked with TV/FM and FM/RP (record player?) and a single knob next to them. The seller knew nothing about it except it was missing tubes so it didn't work. I figured...
  16. WE Mystery (4)

WE Mystery (4)

17. WE Mystery (6)

WE Mystery (6)

18. WE Mystery (1)

WE Mystery (1)

19. WE Mystery (8)

WE Mystery (8)

20. WE Mystery (5)

WE Mystery (5)

21. WE Mystery (2)

WE Mystery (2)

22. WE Mystery (7)

WE Mystery (7)

23. WE Mystery (9)

WE Mystery (9)

24. CZ4A

1930s Fairbanks Morse upright radio?

I didn't know Fairbanks-Morse made radios. I knew they built diesel-electric locomotives around the 50s when railroads transitioned from steam to diesel, but they didn't last very long in that market. That dial is way cool!
  25. CZ4A

Todays METAL playlist

God Forbid - Gone Forever
Back
Top Bottom