Search results

1. Ckafoweeth

Phase Linear 200 repair

ha! glad to hear you got it going again!
  2. Ckafoweeth

Phase Linear 200 repair

Have you been overt to the Phoenix Audio Forums? https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/ They have a very large and knowledgeable Phase Linear community there and might be able to help.
  3. Ckafoweeth

What goes with an M-80?

I actually sought out the C-80 because of its inverted outputs, I just have not seen that feature on a whole lot of pre-amps. I have two M-80s that are normally driving a 4 channel surround system. On special occasions, I will hook them up as monoblocks with the C-80 to run a pair of Gen 1...
  4. Ckafoweeth

What goes with an M-80?

The M-80 has the class A, and the C-80 has the parametric eq and the inverted outputs, which I feel are a little unusual. Does the tuner do anything "special"?
  5. Ckafoweeth

What goes with an M-80?

I've got an M-80, a C-80 control amp, and I just saw that they made a T-80 tuner. Where can I find out what else was in this line? Thanks
  6. Ckafoweeth

OPPO UDP-205 DAC

The stereo DAC has RCA outputs as well as balanced.
  7. Ckafoweeth

Puget Sound Recommendations for Glue Removal

Thanks for the replies. I reached out to Rain City a couple years ago, but they had a large backlog and it looks like they have scaled back their operations pretty considerably. I will see what @blhagstrom thinks.
  8. Ckafoweeth

Puget Sound Recommendations for Glue Removal

I have two Yamaha M-80s that are in good working order, but need to have the infamous glue removed and affected components replaced. Does anyone know of someone in the Puget Sound area that can do that kind of thing?
  9. Ckafoweeth

'Cool' vintage CD player/transport?

The Phase Linear is silver faced, but so far, I think people are most interested just in the fact that I can play physical media and that I am not just streaming through some Bluetooth speaker. I don't doubt having a nice set of silver faced components would spice things up a bit though.
  10. Ckafoweeth

I got the Rega Planet 2000, and I am pretty happy with it. Its interesting looking enough, and its fun having a reason to bring out old CDs. I have not tried running it through a different DAC yet, and I may not as it sounds really nice to me as it is, and I probably don't need to add any more...
  11. Ckafoweeth

Thanks, Dave. I have mostly used toslink connections from Chromecast Audios into better DACs (that makes a huge, huge difference), so I have never tried a digital coax. I will be sure to give it a shot!
  12. Ckafoweeth

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I ended up finding a Rega Planet 2000 locally. It got pretty good reviews and has an optical out in case I want to use an external DAC. Still waiting to get my hands on it, but I will let you know what I think of it when its in the system.
  13. Ckafoweeth

Does anyone have any experience with a Rega Planet CD player? It looks like that might be what I am looking for. I've read some interesting reviews about the suspension feet leaving marks on whatever they are placed on though, which seems odd. It also looks like ebay is rife with replacement...
  14. Ckafoweeth

I think I am starting to gravitate towards single disc, top-loading players. That is a good thought on the laser.
  15. Ckafoweeth

Probably $300 tops. Thanks for all the suggestions. My thought is to find one that I am interested in and then wait for it to pop up on ebay or craigslist. The Harman Kardon is definitely a fun looking player.
  16. Ckafoweeth

Id like to add a CD player to my main room. I have a Chromecast audio through an Emotiva DAC, but this is where the turntable, Nakamichi CR-7, Phase Linear, and Speakerlab 7's are. I'd like to add a CD player, but id also like it to be 'interesting'? The room is set up more for entertaining...
  17. Ckafoweeth

Speakerlab K Horn Rebuild

Looks good! It's nice that those Crites horns can be removed from the driver. I have an earlier version of the Crites 120's, some EV T350's and EV T35's and all of them are pretty solidly attached to their horns which makes flush mounting them difficult. Hence the Popsicle sticks in a lot of the...
  18. Ckafoweeth

Duplicating a Mix Tape

I have 2 decks, a Nakamichi CR1-a, and a Nakamichi CR7-a. I would like to make a mix tape and then duplicate it. I think I should obviously make it on the CR7. However when I want to duplicate it, should I play it back in the CR1 and have the CR7 record, or play on the 7 to record on the 1? One...
  19. Ckafoweeth

Speakerlab K Horn Rebuild

Those are similar drivers to my Speakerlab 7s. The mids and the tweeters probably have ferrofluid in them that could be replaced. The mids are pretty easy, I have not tried the tweeters yet. I just used the stuff from parts express to replace what I cleaned out.
  20. Ckafoweeth

Denon DRA-835R Motorized Volume Knob

Hello, I've had this Denon for a while now and have been pretty happy with it as a stereo receiver/amp. I got it off of craigslist, and it did not come with a remote. I recently moved, and it has switched duty from the kitchen stereo to being in a main room. With that in mind, I found a remote...
  21. Ckafoweeth

Opionions on M&K MX 100 Sub

They aren't ported. One driver is outward facing, and one is on the bottom and upward facing. The one on the bottom moves downward when the outward facing one moves outward. The idea was to cancel out driver distortion. I enjoy my MX-2000.
  22. Ckafoweeth

VU meters on vintage amps

Oh "the 80's". This thing sounds awesome, but i might have bought it for the VU meters...(and i might have upgraded my avr to handle it...)
  23. Ckafoweeth

Just Got These Two EV Bad Boys In

I think those have the T350 tweeters in them, which are a significant upgrade to the T35 (and most other tweeters in general)
  24. Ckafoweeth

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey on my newly Willy refurbished CR-7a. TMNT is next...
  25. Ckafoweeth

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

NIN - Bad Witch through a new to me Phase Linear 400 and Speakerlab Super 7s. Its far too small a room, and the PL is plugged into the headphone out of my computer, but I am honestly impressed.
Back
Top Bottom