Search results

1. Ckafoweeth

What goes with an M-80?

I've got an M-80, a C-80 control amp, and I just saw that they made a T-80 tuner. Where can I find out what else was in this line? Thanks
  2. Ckafoweeth

Puget Sound Recommendations for Glue Removal

I have two Yamaha M-80s that are in good working order, but need to have the infamous glue removed and affected components replaced. Does anyone know of someone in the Puget Sound area that can do that kind of thing?
  3. Ckafoweeth

'Cool' vintage CD player/transport?

Id like to add a CD player to my main room. I have a Chromecast audio through an Emotiva DAC, but this is where the turntable, Nakamichi CR-7, Phase Linear, and Speakerlab 7's are. I'd like to add a CD player, but id also like it to be 'interesting'? The room is set up more for entertaining...
  4. Ckafoweeth

Duplicating a Mix Tape

I have 2 decks, a Nakamichi CR1-a, and a Nakamichi CR7-a. I would like to make a mix tape and then duplicate it. I think I should obviously make it on the CR7. However when I want to duplicate it, should I play it back in the CR1 and have the CR7 record, or play on the 7 to record on the 1? One...
  5. Ckafoweeth

Denon DRA-835R Motorized Volume Knob

Hello, I've had this Denon for a while now and have been pretty happy with it as a stereo receiver/amp. I got it off of craigslist, and it did not come with a remote. I recently moved, and it has switched duty from the kitchen stereo to being in a main room. With that in mind, I found a remote...
  6. Ckafoweeth

Spectrum Analyzer on ADC Sound Shaper not working

I just picked up a ADC Sound Shaper SS-100SL. The equalizer works, but the spectrum analyzer in the middle does not. When I first power it on, the bars all jump high and then decay, so it seems like the components are working, but it doesn't seem to get a signal. I am hoping that someone here...
  7. Ckafoweeth

Recording from a modern Reciever

I am just starting to have some fun listening to old cassettes in my system, and I am curious to play with making some recordings. My Denon x3300w does not have a line out to plug back into the tape deck. So far, I have used the headphone output and split that back into the RCA jacks on my...
  8. Ckafoweeth

Tweeter Crackle from Yamaha M-80

I am getting constant static crackle out of just my tweeters, even if I turn the pre-amp off. Should I be looking at the amp? or the power supply? I assume you only get crackling when you manipulate corroded controls, but maybe not? I am running Speakerlab 7's with Crites CT120 tweeters, and...
  9. Ckafoweeth

Stereo Power Amp Opinions (Yamaha M-80, Emotiva)

Hello, I may have an opportunity to get a Yamaha M-80 power amp, which I would be planning to use to power some Speakerlab 7s. My intention is to drive it from the pre-outs on a modern AVR (Right now, I am thinking a Denon, but I have a little more research to do there) I was getting pretty...
  10. Ckafoweeth

Speakerlab 7 Restoration

I have a set of 'new to me' Speakerlab 7's. I am guessing from looking at catalogs that they are 1975-1976 based on the orientation/location of the horns and the grill style. They look like they might have been assembled by the factory, as the silicon glue is applied very modestly compared to...
Back
Top Bottom