Search results

1. Wornears

Peerless Mystery Bass Driver ID Helpi

Rolf: Thank you! Just the sort of info I was looking for. I appreciate your taking time to research and respond and post -- Wornears
  2. Wornears

Thanks for confirming it's a woofer, and from the discontinued CC line of Peerless drivers. According to folks on another forum, the lack of a data sheet for this specific driver likely means it was custom-built for a speaker manufacturer to use. I appreciate your time helping. Looks like it's...
  3. Wornears

AKers: Perhaps my driver data searching ability is poor, but I've been unable to find a Peerless driver reference sheet online that has this part number. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Specs: Basket is stamped steel, rubber surround, plastic / composite cone No numbers on back...
  4. Wornears

Hi dtran: Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I check my AK account about once a month...

Hi dtran: Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I check my AK account about once a month these days. Here is a link to thread about the 502M about testing it and tube radios in general: http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123053 You can bet that the caps will / should be...
  5. Wornears

Nashville Record Stores?

+1 on Third Man My Jack White fanatic son & I were in Nashville in May for his shows at the Ryman. Of course we had to visit Jack White Holy Ground Zero at Third Man and it was lots of fun. The small store was so packed that the line of people / fanatics snaked out into the parking lot and only...
  6. Wornears

Frazier 7 $40

That is an incredible deal for Frazier 7s, even in that condition.
  7. Wornears

JBL 120Ti: I snoozed, I lost

The only way any thrift I've been in during the past ten years will hold anything for you is if you pay for it first. I would have pan-handled for $25 before I walked away from a pair of 120Ti for that price.
  8. Wornears

Hunting for Vintage Class A

In my experience with Class A the tradeoff between how much heat it generates in the amp vs. how much sonic improvement occurs equals I don't use the Class A feature. My observation is based on owning a Yamaha A-1020 integrated amp for a few years. No meters either -- you'll likely get bored...
  9. Wornears

I thought we were in a recession????

The price inflation on audio gear seems to have migrated to CL -- at least in NC and SC. There are still a few deals, but most high-priced gear stays listed for month(s); without the seller lowering the price.
  10. Wornears

JBL 4406 Studio Monitors

Great price. Congrats. +2 on Rick. He is the go-to guy on JBL surrounds.
  11. Wornears

Happy Birthday Nakdoc

Happy Belated Birthday & Best Wishes! Not on AK as much as in the past, so missed your big day. What, you're 25 again?!?
  12. Wornears

Sony 6060f console for $30 - did I scroe?

Great price on the Sony 6060F. It was built to compete with high end competitors back in its day. It would cost a stupid amount to build the equivalent today. I've used mine daily for a couple of years to drive JBL L36 or NHT SuperOnes. .
  13. Wornears

Acoustic research AR9

At $250? Run? Why are you wasting precious seconds typing on a forum? The answer is yes. Hope you get them.
  14. Wornears

Altec 15 in NC CL = $600

Model 15s looking darn fine. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/2766657293.html Not mine. Would make a great present to myself though.
  15. Wornears

JBL L-100t3's

About 1/2 Price -- or more! That is an amazing price for so much sonic ability. Too bad I'm in NC and they are in CA or I'd be at the seller's door. Hope someone on AK gets them.
  16. Wornears

JBL-L150 Goodwill score!

$80.00!!?? Stunningly unbelievable price for that level of JBL goodness. What a crazy find in a GW. Congrats! Those are great speakers.
  17. Wornears

Thorens TD 125 on Storage Wars

Kids, it's TV. It's scripted. It's entertainment, not reality. As much as I like to get a kick from the show, it is just too predictable and stretches your (my) suspension of disbelief too much. The appraisals are part of the fun. For example, in the 11-16-11 episode, Barry (the most...
  18. Wornears

CL Rant - AK mentioned

Well done Wiggy! -- Mint -- "It was a small truck." -- Great to have you as translator.
  19. Wornears

Doyle Bramhall, Sr. passes.

He was so young! Very much an influence on many Texas musicians. RIP
  20. Wornears

AR91 info thread

I had a pair for a couple of years and really enjoyed them. Fantastic, balanced sound. With their 4 ohm impedance can almost suck dry any amplifier you apply to them. Bring lots of solid wpc if you plan to listen to them using classical music at high volume -- like I did. I found my Carver M-1.5...
  21. Wornears

Just in case you wondered where all the boatanchors are...

I want those ham antennae! Amazing all of that equipment is in one place.
  22. Wornears

Penn State Coach Joe Paterno to retire???

Look for a TV movie in the future: "The Moral Way and The Easy Way."
  23. Wornears

"The Grand Jury Report can be read here in the attached pdf... " See post #143 above.
  24. Wornears

Woah.. .didn't know about the Racontuers...

My 20 year old son is a hard core Jack White enthusiast and learns / channels some of his blues guitar licks off Raconteurs You Tube videos; particularly wailing slide guitar. He first played them for me and they impressed me right off. I've played Robert Johnson and Son House records and...
  25. Wornears

"With great power comes great responsibility." (No, Stan Lee didn't originate this with the Spiderman comics.) The point that so many people knew / reported the alleged abuse and incidents, and most didn't have enough moral spine or wherewithal or courage to follow through to a resolution with...
Back
Top Bottom