Search results

1. Big Bud

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Bet I stream that album "A Farewell to Kings" at least monthly!
  2. Big Bud

Bass tunable room, really !

Unfortunately this was the best compromise we could make due to the swiveling wall AND the sliding patio door next to it. However, it was still over the freaking top acoustically :rockon:
  3. Big Bud

Only took me 6 years to post the pics of the system... Hope this link works :rflmao: https://photos.app.goo.gl/g7T733S7RZTpDD2u6
  4. Big Bud

All Things Music. Past, Present and Future.....and more

Bucket list concert for me and location is OMG!
  5. Big Bud

Comment by 'Big Bud' in media 'Dr. Strangelove's Pioneer System (3)'

Seriously impressive double rack system !
  6. Big Bud

List your Klipsch speakers

I wondered about that also, 7 K-horns ! Can barely imagine the listening area for them lol. Don't get me wrong I am more than envious !
  7. Big Bud

The room is really a well used living room not so much dedicated listening room. I will try to get a few pics posted soon. Either from him or myself. Also, the bass tune-able room is entirely on the other side of a wall that just happens to pivot lol
  8. Big Bud

Hey Hey, From Central Iowa

Howdy and welcome to AK, also great intro. Looking forward to seeing your posts about current and potential future equipment !
  9. Big Bud

Almost went down a bad road

Lol @sKiZo , I get that in every way. When A) It takes an outboard patch board / box (dbx 200) Which I need and use B) A flow chart / wiring diagram, again... C) A text file on my PC with the proper mapping of remote functions, inputs and outputs (blaming that on old age, the late 70's...
  10. Big Bud

Almost went down a bad road

Not to get offtrack, but I sort of did a hybrid vintage HT system without breaking the bank. Had a newer NAD 5.1 receiver output to to two vintage Rotel amps. One a 3 channel, one a 2 channel. Used the 3 channel for surrounds and center, the 2 channel for mains. Yes, it did cost X dollars...
  11. Big Bud

Lol Tarior, you are not alone !
  12. Big Bud

Pioneer SA-8800 vs SA-9800

Daunia 70 has it spot on, I owned the SA-8800, my roommate had the the SA-9800. Looking back, I don't remember why I didn't purchase the top model. The price difference from AFEES was fairly negligible in the early 1980's in Germany.
  13. Big Bud

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Your HPM 200s seem to have more of a cherry finish on them. Seems mine were a dark oak or maple finish. It's been 25 years since I owned them so doing the best I can with the surviving brain cells from that era lol.
  14. Big Bud

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Had a pair of these from 1985 to about 1990. They were huge beasts, I used to pack them to the truck by myself to take to parties. Good thing I was a young huge beast myself at the time or I would have needed a friend to help me move them lol
  15. Big Bud

Teenager Getting Into Audio Equipment

Hi there Logan and welcome, you have so much to be excited for by beginning your journey in audio. I know you are in the right place to get the education and support you will need moving forward. Just a suggestion, I don't know if they have pawn shops and 2nd hand stores where you live. But if...
  16. Big Bud

Howdy from Montana

I spent 2 years (1981-83) at the now defunct Tompkins Barracks located near Schwetzingen and somewhat between Heidelberg and Mannheim. How about you HarmonKardon?
  17. Big Bud

What shift do you work?

I just like to say "No Shift" and see how many pick up on it lol
  18. Big Bud

How many Watts are your main amps?

Until today a solid 200W per channel on 5 channels. Sadly will be trading in my 2 Rotel Amps. One is a stereo model RB-1080, the other 3 channel RB-993. RIP me >.<
  19. Big Bud

Help needed finding old hi-fi magazine

I remember Stereo Review in that time period reviewing nearly every piece of gear you recalled other than the Croft. Did you have any luck following up on the other posts?
  20. Big Bud

Close Eyes When Listening??

Depends what my "E"spot desires at the time. If I'm alone late night, I sort of need some light on. At the very least watch the S/A and indicators to keep me awake. OR, in the daytime with friends over there is generally much more sound and eyes wide open !
  21. Big Bud

Earlier this year I had the pleasure of helping a buddy put together a dream system. Upon completion it sounded (and felt) stupendous! However... I knew my buddy had extra audio equipment that had not been utilized yet. A huge twist was that to the right and behind his main right speaker was...
  22. Big Bud

List your Klipsch speakers

5.2s bought brand new. About U.S $600 if I remember correctly in 1993? Could have been late '92 Never owned Klipschorn's but I can dream... I have however helped a buddy integrate a pair into a very high end audio system which we named "Sonic Nirvana". The system could literally make you...
  23. Big Bud

Howdy from Montana

Oh man... *runs in slow speed to look for Klipsch Korner* LOL thanks CSCHOEN !
  24. Big Bud

TT to pair w/ Yamaha CR-600 & KLH Model 6?

Some of the late 70s Technics direct drive turntables were quite good and won't break the bank. Focus on the pre SL-1200 series as they are fairly expensive. I realize they aren't what some would call audiophile quality, but then again... quality is a subjective thing. Another one I had...
  25. Big Bud

You may be right, I do my best to educate those who have the desire. It's amazing how much mis...

You may be right, I do my best to educate those who have the desire. It's amazing how much mis or disinformation they have considering the younger generations do have access to the internet lol
Back
Top Bottom