Search results

1. Tiecode

Technics Sl-1350

High all, I have owned this turntable for over five years, giving me only excellent service. The other day I went to use it for the first time in a couple of months, and the right channel either wasn't working or was producing static. I went on Youtube and found how to test the output leads...
  2. Tiecode

Technics SH-8065

HI all, I have this SH-8065 that works great, however, the output levels, which do light up, do not show any level. Any ideas on fixing this?
  3. Tiecode

Teac X-10R in need of help.

Hi all, I've got another question concerning my X-10R, I was recording with it over the weekend. I check the tape and the monitor output and they showed fine. When I went to playback there was nothing on the tape. I am at a loss with this deck. Any help, please.
  4. Tiecode

Rewind issue on a Toshiba PC-3460

Hi all, I just picked this up, and besides the lights are burned out on the dB meters, it won't stay in rewind. It starts fine, then after a few seconds, it stops. Belts are good. Playback and FF are fine.
  5. Tiecode

Problem with installing belts solved.

Hello Friends, After having problem after problem getting belts installed, I discovered a solution. My wife shows dogs and uses a product called Bio-Groom anti slip spray. Put a little into the cap. Using a Q-tip place some on the capstan or pulley. Placed the belt on the part, press, wait...
  6. Tiecode

Sony TC-K61 playback issue

Hi All, I am having a playback issue with my TC-K61, btw I am keeping this one. Having replaced both belts. FF & RW work great, but play engages then quits. There appears to be an issue with the drive gear not turning the spindle. I have cleaned the gear and gave it a little lube. It is...
  7. Tiecode

Continuity Testing

Hi all, I am trying to refurbish a Scott TT. I plugged it into an Onkyo TX-SR705, and I am getting no output. I know it is not the receiver; used another TT I had lying around. Is there a way to test the continuity of the output leads without taking the TT apart? Thanks, Tiecode
  8. Tiecode

Yamaha K-720 cassette door will not close

I picked this up at an auction with all intentions of keeping it. It was missing the outer door so I ordered a new one. Now the door closed without the outer door, but once I put the door on it will not close now. Putting a cassette in doesn't help. Any ideas?
  9. Tiecode

Bi-Amped Center Channel

Question for all you excellent Audiokarma members: Why would you Bi-Amp the center channel speaker? I just switched from JBL to Klipsch and the Klipsch, SC-3, is Bi-Amp capable. Just do not understand the purpose.
  10. Tiecode

Can anyone tell if this Toshiba SA-620 has been recap.

Hi all, I have attached pictures of this Toshiba SA-620 that I am working on. The caps look newer to me. Most of the caps I have seen from this time period are black, so from the pictures does it look like it has been recapped?
  11. Tiecode

TEAC X-10R after recording playback output.

Hi all, Once again I have a question concerning my X-10R. I found my multi-tape box had gone bad. I plugged the TEAC directly into my receiver and got great output going from the receiver to the R2R, but when playing back the tape very little output. VU meters were barely moving and not much...
  12. Tiecode

Any Maryland Clubs

I live near Baltimore and wondering is there are club in the Baltimore?
  13. Tiecode

X-10R tape wandering during forward playback or record.

Hi all, I have another problem with the X-10R, during forward tape travel after a few seconds the tape wanders across the pinch roller and heads. Any ideas? BTW, no problems in reverse. The pinch rollers are new.
  14. Tiecode

Removing Pinch Roller Tire from Hub.

Hi all, Anyone have a way to remove the pinch roller tire from the hub? I have two new tires showing up on Tuesday and do not want to butcher the hubs trying to get the old tires off.:dunno:
  15. Tiecode

No output or input on a Teac X10R.

Hi all, I am having a problem with my X10R. I get no output or input. When trying to play a tape I get a second of output then it fades to zero. On record, after pushing to record button, I have made that mistake before, I get nothing on the VU meters. I am thinking that maybe the tape...
  16. Tiecode

Onkyo CP-1030F

Hi all, Does anyone know were I can get a tonearm counterweight for an Onkyo CP-1030F. If not a counterweight, perhaps someone might know the tonearm diameter? I can get the TT to work as a manual without the counterweight, but not as an automatic. Thanks
  17. Tiecode

Realistic SA-2000

Hi guys, Anyone familar with this amp. With the speakers on the right side barely has any output. Turn the speakers off and it's back. Any ideas? It is very clean inside. Turning the knobs doesn't do anything.
  18. Tiecode

MCS 3539 hum issue

I just got this for a song. Hooked it up and a loud 60 cycle hum came out of the left side. The VU meter bounced all over the place. Any ideas?
  19. Tiecode

Adjusting speed on a Onkyo CP-1030F

Hey Guys, First thanks for all your help over the last couple of years. I have fixed issues that before joining this user group I never would have touched. Now for the question; I have an Onkyo CP-1030F that I cannot figure out how to adjust speed. The unit has a window to check speed, but I...
  20. Tiecode

Radio Shack

This is coming from a different forum, but how many of you miss the Shack?
  21. Tiecode

Pioneer SX-626

Hi all, Just picked the pioneer up for a song. One of the lights was out, so I decided to replace all of them with LEDs. Even before the new lamps went in the receiver's lights all went out. Putting in the new LEDs did not help. Also, the indicator lamps are out but did work before the...
  22. Tiecode

Tonearm tube for a Ortofon SMG-212

Looking for the tube for an Ortofon SMG-212. It broke off right at the pivot. Never seen this before.
  23. Tiecode

My first Oscilloscope

Hi all, I have gotten deeper into audio repair and now realize that I need an oscilloscope. Any recommendations that will not blow up the bank account?
  24. Tiecode

TEAC X-10R output issues

Hi all, This problem just showed up yesterday. I am getting no output from my deck. Turning the levels doesn't do anything. The VU meters barely budge. Any ideas?:(
  25. Tiecode

Coral BX1200 Recap

Hi all, I am thinking about doing a recap on my BX1200's. They are completely original. First, is this something a newbie could handle. I can desolder and solder. Also, how do I get to the crossover? Thanks for your help. You guys are the best.
Back
Top Bottom