Search results

1. james m

marantz 2325 no left channel.

i just got a 2325 receiver.it was in storage for 30 yrs. cleaned all the pots and connections.i then fired it up and it worked perfect except for some burn out lights. after about 10hrs. powered up the trouble started. at first the left bank would crackle and drop out. if you tapped any where on...
  2. james m

jvc jl-a15 tt not working

i have a jvc jl-a15 tt that has not been used for about 30 yrs. when i plugged it in the the motor started with the arm still on the rest would not shut off unless unplugged. replaced belt and cleaned out old grease and lubed every thing deoxited all the switches. retryed still stared up with...
  3. james m

dlk 4 tweeters

have a set of dlk 4's has wrong tweeters installed.does any one know what ohm tweeters i need? any help would be great. thanks
  4. james m

dlk 4 ad.

1 know there's an ad for dlk 4 speakers on ak. can any one help me find it? it was from the 70's.any help would be great. thanks
  5. james m

dlk 4 woofers

i just bought a set of dlk 4 speakers and found that one of the wooers had been removed and then dropped leaving basket bent be on repair.my question is will a 12" woofer from a dlk 2 work in place of the dlk 4 woofer?
  6. james m

sx-850 vs sx-980

i know about the power difference of the two. how the build and sound quality between these two? i have a chance to trade the 850 for the 980 even over. would this be a good trade?
  7. james m

ct-f2121 no fast or rewind

i have a 2121 cassette deck that has no ff or rewind i've replaced the belts,idler and capstan tires and freed up the stuck auto stop solenoid.i thought this would solve the problems but it didn't. play and record work good.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks
  8. james m

pioneer ct-f2121 no ff or rewind

i just got a cf-t2121. had no ff or rewind when levers pushed also would have to hold play lever down to play. so i replaced the belts and the capstan and idler tires also found auto stop solenoid arm very hard to move so i removed it and cleaned and lubed it. i also adjusted the solenoid. tried...
  9. james m

fuses

i have a pioneer ct-f2121 cassette player that blew a 1 amp 125v glass fuse. will a1 amp glass automotive fuse work? i have some automotive fuses but they don't say what the voltage is.
  10. james m

ct-f500 vs ct-f2121

i know these are the lower line of pioneer cassette decks.but i was wondering if anyone has a preference for one or the other?
  11. james m

DLK 2 woofer buzz

i have a dlk 2 speaker that the woofer buzzes.when you just touch the bottom of the surround the buzz will go away for a while.if i touch the top of the surround it buzzes all the time.any ideas?
  12. james m

pioneer ct-f2121 vu meters

I'm looking at a ct-f2121 cassette deck that the vu meter needles jump back and fourth all the time when the power is turned on and when you play a tape you can hear a high pitched noise in both speakers that matches vu meters.any ideas? is it worth fixing? I'know it will need belts also...
  13. james m

speaker insulation

i'm recapping my dlk 2's and when i took the speakers apart i found the insulation rotted and falling apart. i'm thinking about using 3 inch acoustic pyramid foam will this be okay? this speaker is a three way with a port tube. any help would be great. oh and the old insulation stinks like...
  14. james m

capacitors

can i replace non polarized caps with polarized caps? i ordered polarized by mistake
  15. james m

dkl speaker ports

i have a set of dlk 2's three way speakers and i noticed that i see the insulation plugging the rear of the port tubes. is this normal? i'm going to recap these speakers and i know i going to have to install new insulation.(old stuff is falling apart and stinks) and i wondering if the insulation...
  16. james m

dlk 2 recap

does any one know what capitors i need to recap my early model dlk 2 speakers?
  17. james m

sx 850 recap

i was wondering if someone could tell me where to find the list of part to recap an sx 850 receiver. plus a list of the transistors i should replace.i had found them before on AK but i can't seem to find them again.any help would be great.thanks
  18. james m

pioneer ct-f6262

does anyone know where i could fine a belt kit for a ct-f6262 cassette deck? possibly with instructions too. thanks all.
  19. james m

epitome model 88 speakers

has any one heard of these speakers? if so are they any good. can't find any info on these. any help would be great.
  20. james m

dlk 2 recap.

does any one have a list of the capacitors i need to recap my dlk 2 speakers? any help would be great.
  21. james m

CHARTRIDGE TOUCHING RECORD

i am new to turntables.i just got a pioneer pl-112d turntable with a audio technica AT-311 cartridge. the problem i'm having is when i lower the tone arm the stylus and cartridge touch the record.i was wondering if there is reair for this or do i have to get a different cartridge? any input...
  22. james m

sx-850 phono1,phono2 problem

i have a problem with a sx 850. i plugged in a pl 112d tt. i only get sound from right side speaker. when i switch tt right and left leads i still only have right side speaker. i have cleaned all pots and switches with deoxit. am,fm and aux. all work great. also tape monitors work.this happens...
  23. james m

pioneer pl 112d cartridge

i just got a pioneer pl 112d turn table. it has a auto techtica series mark viii cart.(no other markings) i can't fine any specs about this cart. i can't set up tracking force or anti skid.also stylus is off to one side(bent may be?) can i reset the stylus. i think this is the original cart and...
  24. james m

PIONEER PL 112D TURNTABLE CARTRIDGE

i just got a pl 112d tt and i'm looking at replacing the cartridge and headshell. is a auto technica at95e cartridge with a at-hs10 headshell a good replacement? i'm new to turntables any help suggestions would be great. thanks
  25. james m

PLATTER MAT

what's the best way to clean a turntable platter mat to make it look good with out harming it? anyhelp would be great. thanks i'm new to tt's
Back
Top Bottom