Search results

1. V

Cartridge Recommendation

Ended up with Grado Black. Sounds perfect!! How different would the Shure sound?
  2. V

Cartridge Recommendation

What do you mean by “different”? I like my guitar sound crunchy, punchy bass and thumping drums. I wanna hear every Iggy burp and and every Morrison moan and groan and especially Bonzos pedal squeak. If the Grado will do that, sounds like perfect price.
  3. V

Cartridge Recommendation

Howdy fellow audio lovers!! I came across an almost new Audio Technica AT-120 turntable. Looking to upgrade cartridge. Any ideas? I’ve got an AT-440mlb on the old Sony tt, which I’ll probably just keep with it.
  4. V

Will Blu Ray player play CD’s?

Yeah, I was surprised how expensive these were, and getting it for $100 sounds good to me
  5. V

I have a ton of CDs, but haven’t really played them since getting back into vinyl. But I just bought the new Beatles White Album 50th anniversary set, so it was either a DAC with my Blu Ray or get a CD player. For $100, what the hell. If I decide later I want a better CD player I’ll do that.
  6. V

Yes, the remote has a display. Not sure what year the machine is, I’m sure the screen readout looks archaic. Like my old 2nd Gen iPod!!
  7. V

Ended up ordering DVP NS900V, $100. Reviews sound good. We shall see. Thanks for all the suggestions!!
  8. V

Found a nice 999ES, $125, looks clean w/remote. Sound good? Maybe I’ll offer $100.
  9. V

Ok, so you’re saying $250 for a proper DAC converter? Isn’t it cheaper to get a nice used CD player? I’m just looking for something to play the CD’s with. If I can utilize something that I already own, the Blu Ray player, is getting something to make that work better or worse than getting a new...
  10. V

Can you show me an example? So many types of DAC converters, I’d like to order the correct type. Thanks for the reply!!!
  11. V

What’s a good single used CD player? I had a nice Denon one back in late 80’s that I swapped for a crappy Sony multi disc player. What a mistake. Something for $100 would be perfect.
  12. V

So I just ordered the Beatles White Album 6 disc box set, it’s the only way to get all of the other cool stuff (Esher demos, alternate takes, mono, 5.1, blah blah). One problem...I don’t have a CD player, haven’t played a CD in years, back to vinyl!! Anyway, I have a Sony BDP-S3500 Blu Ray...
  13. V

McIntosh MAC1900 Assistance

Good idea. The holes line up perfectly
  14. V

McIntosh MAC 1900 Tuner Question

I think you’re right, it does look like a fairly fine thread. I was just going to hardware store and buy a few different sizes, but 8-32 does look close. Thanks!!
  15. V

McIntosh MAC 1900 Tuner Question

I posted this in Tuner section also. Does anyone know what thread size holes on bottom are to mount wood enclosure? The guy I ordered from sent me wood screws which are not the correct type. Thanks!!
  16. V

Here’s a pic
  17. V

I just received a wood enclosure for this unit. The seller included two screws that look like wood screws and are not same thread size as holes on bottom of receiver. Does anyone know what the thread size of this unit??
  18. V

Amplifier Necesu?

Because I’m using iPhone
  19. V

Amplifier Necesu?

The only thing that pops up is Add Poll
  20. V

Amplifier Necesu?

Yeah...that’s what I meant
  21. V

Amplifier Necesu?

Hey sorry about the title. Should’ve been Needed!! Anyway, that’s what I thought. I see a lot of people ranting about amplifiers, just not sure when you use one.
  22. V

Amplifier Necesu?

Hey all! Just curious, I have a McIntosh MAC 1900. Do I need an amplifier with this?
  23. V

Sony pslx 350h cartridge recommendation

Groov-eee. Thanks!!
Back
Top Bottom