Search results

1. ManyMoonsAudio

FS New Driver Boards for Accuphase E-202 and P-250

Greetings to all Audiophiles, Many Moons Audio is proud to announce the offering of new optimized driver boards for these highly desirable amplifiers. Built with passion incorporating my vast experience in solid state restorations. These respected amplifiers now reach their full musical...
  2. ManyMoonsAudio

Sansui AU-X1 Help

Hello, I am in the process of finishing up an AU-X1. On the muting board, F-2773, there is a black ground wire that solders to the bottom of the board, to one of the electrolytics. I am relatively sure I know where it goes, but since I washed my mark off the board, I want to be sure. So if...
  3. ManyMoonsAudio

Sansui AU-X1 Rebuild Reference Thread

Hi all, I am fixing to dive into one of these. I know there are allot of updates for this particular amp. If I can compile all the info here, to not only help me, but get it all in one place, I think this would be very useful. If this has been done, please let me know. I know there are some...
  4. ManyMoonsAudio

Regulator Diodes Pioneer SX-1980

Just curious, has anybody used these to replace the FET's in the 1980 successfully?
  5. ManyMoonsAudio

GAS Thoebe Help

Got a Thoebe preamp? Want to help a guy fix one that is missing some capacitors? Why, I have no clue, but they are not present. I can likely guess and get it close, but I would like to be right. Service info does not exist for this stuff, that I know of anyways.... I will post pics with...
  6. ManyMoonsAudio

MC2205 Watt meters issue

Hello, I have a 2205 here. Everything works fine, but the meters will not settle to zero on the watts setting. They work. I don't see any real excessive DC or noise anywhere testing the pins of the meter board, so I am a bit puzzled. Problem is the same on both meters. +/-15V looks nice and...
  7. ManyMoonsAudio

tarior

One of the good guys for sure. Thanks again!
  8. ManyMoonsAudio

NOS Accuphase C-200. No joke

Had the pleasure today, of working on a new old stock, C-200 preamp. Oh my is this nice. Completely recapped and ready for another 50 years :) I had to share, as this was a once in a lifetime.
  9. ManyMoonsAudio

Yamaha CA-800 hum

Hello! Not often I get my butt kicked, but this thing has me beating my head against the wall. Preamp hums, through speakers of course. Disconnect, and quiet. I have replaced all the signal transistors throughout all sections of the preamp, all the transistors and zener diodes on the supply...
  10. ManyMoonsAudio

Pioneer SX-838 No Bias Fix

Hey AK, Thought I would share a discovery. I have a SX-838 here for restoration, and after repairing the blown channel (left ch), I had no bias. So I went to rolling in different transistors for Q5, to no avail. I then replaced D4, just because, even though it checked fine. Still no bias...
  11. ManyMoonsAudio

Avanti Audio Allegro Power Cables For Digital

Hey people, Thought I'd share my findings on these cables used for digital components. I like them allot for analog (amps, preamps, etc), but there really is something special going on when using them for my digital components. My DAC, Server, Music Network, just love these things...
  12. ManyMoonsAudio

MC275 How It's Made

Science Channel tonight (6/5), 9/8 central. Tune in!
  13. ManyMoonsAudio

MC275 How It's Made

Science Channel tonight (6/5), 9/8 central. Neat!
  14. ManyMoonsAudio

Auralic Vega Thoughts

Hey all, I received the Auralic Vega to try out for a week. To say I was absolutely bowled over would be an understatement. Much as I hate to admit it, this all in one solution for any file format, handily trumped my reference. The Bel Canto DAC3.5VB MKII and Bel Canto Reflink stack...
  15. ManyMoonsAudio

Cutting Edge USB Cables!

USB Cables are extremely important in the computer audio chain. More so than I would have imagined. I'll go as far as to say that the USB Cable makes more difference than any other cable in my system! This was realized in trying a few that are considered the best by many. Here are the ones I...
  16. ManyMoonsAudio

Sad, And Happy, All At The Same Time

Thought I would never, but my big G-33000 found a new home today.:tears::thmbsp: I bet I have turned down 30 offers for that sucker the whole time I had it, but this last offer was impossible to turn down. The combination of the offer, and the way the buyers eyes simply fell in love with it...
  17. ManyMoonsAudio

This Really A 5AR4??

I have seen these on the bay many times, and I just ignore them... But they are built like tanks! 4 support rods, triple mica.... Anybody know what these are?
  18. ManyMoonsAudio

Tom Bavis is Tops!!

Hooked me up with some nice film caps, for basically nothing... What a true gent. Thanks Tom!!
  19. ManyMoonsAudio

byoungman1 Delivers The Goods, yet again...

Got some 10M Mullard 12AX7's from Bryce that are absolutely top notch. Don't fear any dealings with Bryce. He has always delivered and made good on his word and offerings. Thanks man!!
  20. ManyMoonsAudio

Cabledyne Silver Reference RCA to RCA Review

The interconnects arrived with nice packaging and beautiful fit and finish. I placed them in the shop system for over 100 hours of burn in. They started out a little tame and could tell they had some opening up to do, so I let them play. Once the burn in was complete I placed them in the...
  21. ManyMoonsAudio

Joseph Audio Perspective

Coming soon to Casa De Moons.. After much research, and after hearing the Pulsar standmount speakers at a friends house, I decided to pull the trigger on a pair of Perspectives. I am getting a new set, for quite a nice deal I might add.... The little Pulsar absolutely blew me away. They were...
  22. ManyMoonsAudio

Marantz 2330 Is A Wow Receiver!!

That's what popped in my head when I listened to a customers 2330 tonight.... He opted for a complete overhaul, and I must say, this thing sounds very damn good. Bout as ugly as a receiver can get, but that's where my criticisims end. I know, "It's just a receiver". This one was done right...
  23. ManyMoonsAudio

DCinDC

Needed a part, and Dave came to my rescue. Perfect transaction, simply put. Thanks Dave!
  24. ManyMoonsAudio

mfhale

Bought some wonderful tubes, and got a smokin deal! Thanks!!
  25. ManyMoonsAudio

MikeCh Avanti Audio

Just got some more Digital cables from Mike. Perfect fit and finish with excellent results. By far, my favorite cable guy. Thanks again!!
Back
Top Bottom