Search results

1. dave101260

B&W 610i Value?

Anyone have an opinion/guess/and idea what a good price would be for a pair of these B&Ws?
  2. dave101260

KEF 107, B250 Woofer

The top woofer in the left box suffered catastrophic failure. The magnet assembly broke into two pieces (the former separated from the ferrite magnet, the magnet then slipped and crushed the voice coil). Midwest is a viable option I've considered. If I cant source a decent B250, that's probably...
  3. dave101260

KEF 107, B250 Woofer

Anyone??
  4. dave101260

KEF 107, B250 Woofer

Hi All, I'm in desperate need of a KEF B250 woofer. If anyone has any leads, it would be most appreciated. And on the same note, what are everyone's thoughts on fair value for one, if available? (not including shipping or packing) Thanks, -dave
  5. dave101260

Hi Doug, I'm in desperate need of a KEF B250 woofer. If you have any leads, it would be most...

Hi Doug, I'm in desperate need of a KEF B250 woofer. If you have any leads, it would be most appreciated. And on the same note, what would you consider a fair market price for one working B250? I have a lead on two units, but they are in England, and shipping is astronomical. Thanks for help...
  6. dave101260

KEF 107 Refoam

Exactly! These are not half ass speakers, and should never be treated as such.
  7. dave101260

The Quest for The KEF… Reference 107!

I just found the same thing on mine, and I've had my 107's for over 5 yrs.......What were these idiots thinking?? I'm a little pissed off.......just a little!!
  8. dave101260

KEF 107 Refoam

Well, after YEARS of serious procrastination, I've disassembled my 107's. Seems the woofers were re foamed at some point, and the guy didn't do a very good job at all. As near as I can tell, the foam ring is a tad too big for the basket, and the glue job is piss poor. And oh, what else? There...
  9. dave101260

AR Speaker stands

You were able to get Walnut from the Depot?
  10. dave101260

AR-11's sounding even better

Looks like you used 5/8" Plywood? If so, then the base of the 11's are raised 5 1/4" in the front, and taper down to 4 1/2" in the rear? Was making the front lift an even 6" a consideration, or, is there specific benefit to the 5 1/4" number? ....... Speaker placement in relation to your...
  11. dave101260

AR-11's sounding even better

Hi Steve, Very nice work indeed! If I might ask, what are the rough dimensions of your stands?, and how many different angles did you try before settling on 5 degrees? Thank you!
  12. dave101260

Kef 107 KUBE upgrade

Just my two cents, and my personal experience: I did an OpAmp and Capacitor upgrade on my Kube. The Cap upgrade is very very subtle. The OpAmp upgrade however, is VERY VERY rewarding. Unless you are really serious about finessing your sound, and you've already done the refoam job on the...
  13. dave101260

KEF R107 Kube OpAmp Upgrade

KUBE Schematic Hi Geoff, if you send an email to Dave101260@gmail.com, I might have something. -dave
  14. dave101260

I haven't done it myself.....yet. But I popped the bottoms off mine and have a looksie at the...

I haven't done it myself.....yet. But I popped the bottoms off mine and have a looksie at the bottom woofer. Its a very straight forward removal and replacement. Have you done a refoam before?
  15. dave101260

Vishay MKP: Slightly brighter than the EPCOS on some source material, ie digitally recorded & mastered CD's Again, no huge difference in the overall presentation. Somewhat disappointed :no:
  16. dave101260

TDK Corporation presents EPCOS MKP. On the upside: Added detail to vinyl and CD sources. A subtle improvement. On the Downside: Makes a revealing system, a tad bit more revealing.
  17. dave101260

Is there some concern that the P/S caps are causing audible issues with the op-amps? Curious minds need to know lol They're certainly cheap and easy to replace, but why mess with the KUBE any more than necessary?
  18. dave101260

Hi Jeff, Just a quick fyi: The .47 uF that CCheung speaks of is an INPUT coupling cap. The only 4.7 uF caps are in the power supply section before and after the two voltage regulators. Man Cave time for me
  19. dave101260

Hey Jeff, Have you done the .47uF input cap yet? I have 3 different brands on the way: Vishay MKP, EPCOS MKP, and some Panasonic PP ECWF. I'm gonna socket the KUBE to make life easy. THEN, I'm gonna do the ferro fluid.
  20. dave101260

Performed an opamp upgrade to my KEF R107 Kube. Replaced the original TL072 with Burr-Brown OPA-2134. A very cost effective alternative!! The work was easy, and went off without a hitch. The change is a quite noticeable improvement in clarity and detail. What I'm most pleased with...
  21. dave101260

Oh boy.. here we go again.. Kef 107's

Posted. and thanks for the ferro fluid info. Let me know if you have any trouble finding the procedure.
  22. dave101260

KEF R107 Disassembly & Refurbish

Try Orange County Speaker for the foam surrounds, remember they have TWO per driver. TWO woofers per speaker, for a total of Four drivers. Orange county sells a complete kit with all eight foams and glue for under $100.00. The drivers are accessable from the bottom and top panels...
  23. dave101260

I have a procedure I found on another site. I don't think its official KEF, but its fairly comprehensive. I'll post it on Monday morning, as a separate thread, so anyone can find it in the future. Quick question: Where did you buy Ferro Fluid, and what type did you use? It might be a good...
  24. dave101260

Any response Jeff? I have a step by step for the 107's
Back
Top Bottom