Search results

1. E

Nakamichi decks- the best and the worst ?

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS....i already have cassette decks(not talking about cars here) that sat unused for a very long time and then were discarded that still run good. Just not the ones made by Nakamichi, apparently. And the only trolls around this thread are the fanboys who are ignoring...
  2. E

Good used CD players that are not expensive

There are plenty of options, but apart from sound quality you should also have reliability in mind when deciding. This is why i don't spend more than 20 on used cd players, you almost never know when they're going to start acting up. Me being a casual listener, i'd try tracking down a cheap sony...
  3. E

Why sometimes there really is no difference between lossless and lossy codecs

Yes Sir, thank you Sir! May i have another, Sir?(Classic Cow and Chicken quote for those asking). Maybe i am confusing you by talking about electronics when you obviously want to talk about music. I am not criticizing your music listening. I am criticizing the state of electronics sold...
  4. E

Why sometimes there really is no difference between lossless and lossy codecs

OK, i`m just trying to bring a new perspective into a heavily discussed subject. Some people say there is a huge difference between a cd/flac and a mp3 rip. Others claim flac is a waste of hdd space because there is hardly any difference between them. Who`s right? The correct answer? Both...
  5. E

Nakamichi decks- the best and the worst ?

I have never owned a Nakamichi- generally speaking, they`re expensive. When they`re not expensive, they might be broken. Sometimes they`re both. If you look online, there are tens of topics concerning broken down and expensive to fix nakamichi decks. I have an onkyo ta-2760 from 1990. and two...
  6. E

My experience with older cd/dvd players as audio players

Yes, but which DAC? In my mind there`s no point of getting a 10 euro cd player if i have to spend another 200 on a dac to make it sound right. Might as well buy a 210 euro player instead. This is more about <<dollars and sense>> than ultimate sound reproduction. My current speakers are a pair...
  7. E

Cassette tape decks, what is the fascination?

I am fascinated by them because i grew up with them. But as it happens, they are better than cd players, reel-to reel etc for a few reasons: 1. A decent cassette deck will usually outlast a cd player and are much easier to fix when they break. 2. In day to day life a cassette will outlast a cd...
  8. E

A short review of the Sennheiser HD380 pro

My experience with headphones is not extensive, but i have had the chance to make a few meaningful comparisons in the last few years(Sennheiser PXC-200, HD218, HD228, HD238, HD555, Grado SR60i, and a few other) and i trust my ears. My current main headphones is a pair of HD380(pro) from...
  9. E

My experience with older cd/dvd players as audio players

I have read most of the online topics concerning choosing an old cd player versus a new(or old) dvd player as a cheap source for playing audio cds and i have to say there is a lot of bad information out there. I have been looking for a decent quality player for home made/commercial cds for a few...
  10. E

Sony CDPL no-cd error after working fine for a while

Thanks for the answer. I forgot to mention the fact that i sold both players some time ago, i was simply wondering what was going on. Yesterday i just ordered a denon dcd-820 and a denon dvd1000 for music playing, and i really hope they would last me a bit longer than the sony-s. But in case i...
  11. E

Sony CDPL no-cd error after working fine for a while

Hello friends ! First i would like to say that reading some of the topics here on audiokarma was both a pleasure and very informative. This time around i would like to get some opinions on a strange phenomenon that a couple of cd players from sony displayed while using them. So on...
Back
Top Bottom