Search results

1. E

Why sometimes there really is no difference between lossless and lossy codecs

OK, i`m just trying to bring a new perspective into a heavily discussed subject. Some people say there is a huge difference between a cd/flac and a mp3 rip. Others claim flac is a waste of hdd space because there is hardly any difference between them. Who`s right? The correct answer? Both...
  2. E

Nakamichi decks- the best and the worst ?

I have never owned a Nakamichi- generally speaking, they`re expensive. When they`re not expensive, they might be broken. Sometimes they`re both. If you look online, there are tens of topics concerning broken down and expensive to fix nakamichi decks. I have an onkyo ta-2760 from 1990. and two...
  3. E

A short review of the Sennheiser HD380 pro

My experience with headphones is not extensive, but i have had the chance to make a few meaningful comparisons in the last few years(Sennheiser PXC-200, HD218, HD228, HD238, HD555, Grado SR60i, and a few other) and i trust my ears. My current main headphones is a pair of HD380(pro) from...
  4. E

My experience with older cd/dvd players as audio players

I have read most of the online topics concerning choosing an old cd player versus a new(or old) dvd player as a cheap source for playing audio cds and i have to say there is a lot of bad information out there. I have been looking for a decent quality player for home made/commercial cds for a few...
  5. E

Sony CDPL no-cd error after working fine for a while

Hello friends ! First i would like to say that reading some of the topics here on audiokarma was both a pleasure and very informative. This time around i would like to get some opinions on a strange phenomenon that a couple of cd players from sony displayed while using them. So on...
Back
Top Bottom