Search results

1. 80talisten

YBA YA201

Bought my Monitor Audio Silver 6 a few months ago, speakers that I am so happy with and that I will probably be able to live with for a while. Anyway, my Pioneer A-X550 operates at 85 watts per channel at the moment, which worked far beyond expectations. But it would still be fun to have...
  2. 80talisten

Q Acoustics Concept 40------> Pioneer A-X550

Time to upgrade to some more real HIFI speakers. I have read that Q Acoustics Concept 40 should be really good. I have a Pioneer A-X550, 85 watts per channel 8 ohms. An amplifier that I have been happy with. From what I read, Q Acoustics Concept 40 should not be so heavy-duty, has a sensitivity...
  3. 80talisten

Dali Oberon 7

I currently have the Swedish-made Dynavoice Challenger M-65 EX https://www.dynavoice.se/sv/artiklar/challenger-m-65.html which costs about 550 USD. I'm pretty happy with these acousticall - but I probably want a little more well-defined sound and have checked out the Dali Oberon 7...
  4. 80talisten

I need a new csble to my headphones

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 558, I need a new cable to them. I cant find one, I want it to be 3 m and a 6,3mm plug in.
  5. 80talisten

AKG K701 vs Sennheiser 558

Right now I have the Sennheiser HD 558 and was happy with these. But I have been thinking that I have started to look for new headphones. AKG K701 seems to have received good reviews, would these be an improvement to the ones I have now? I have a Pioneer A-X550 Amplifier...
  6. 80talisten

Will a DAC make a big difference in sound quality?

I mostly listen to analog music in the form of LP. Otherwise much on cd too. But thought about whether it's worth buying a DAC? Especially for the interference of FLAC files streamed from my phone via bubbleupnp (dnla) to my Samsung smart tv. To the TV, I have a Pioneer A-X550 Amplifier...
  7. 80talisten

Do I have any use of an Equalizer?

I have a Pioneer A-X550 Amplifier. I am very pleased with it. But I would like to get a little more bass, especially in vinyl playback. Should an Equalizer help here?
  8. 80talisten

Identify these Pioneer speakers

Can anyone identify these Pioneer speakers? I have a couple of H, H Scott 176BL now. Should these Pioneer lead to an improvement in performance?
  9. 80talisten

Turntable upgrade...

I'm looking to upgrade a little. I had intended to buy a new turntable maybe soon. I've got a real impression on ATLP5. It seems incredible good versus price. What other turntables can it be compared with? Do you think my AT440MLb would match the tone arm on AT LP5?
  10. 80talisten

Mike Oldfield - Guitars (Vinyl)

I have heard some of Mike Oldfield - Guitars on youtube and really like what I hear. What I understood then the vinyl version released quite recently? How is the sound on the vinyl version? Thought it most likely is based on the digital.
  11. 80talisten

Stereocartridge to monorecords

Does it works fine to use stereocartridges to monorecords? or do I get a bad sound if I do that? I have a AT440MLb cartridge on my turntable. Is it for this purpose the mono button is on the amplifier?
  12. 80talisten

Phono input or separate phono preamp

I have thought about this regarding separate phono preamps. Now I use a NAD PP2, and this is connected to my Dux 6693 Receiver. This receiver has a phono input, my reflection is which of them has the best phono amplifier? The separate one? (NAD PP2) or the one in my Dux 6693?
  13. 80talisten

Best headphones for Vinyl playback for 100 dollars or less

I would need a good pair of headphones for vinyl music listening. Since I have neighbors to take into account that there will be listening at very low volume at night. The headphones I have now is the Sony MDR-ZX310AP and they're okay. I use these with an 2,5 m extension 3.5 mm cable. But the...
  14. 80talisten

Video-Audio from your stereosystem - thread

I have searched if a similar topic exists but find nothing. In that case, I create the thread itself. For the recording of audio from the LP I used Audacity. To merge video and sound, I used VSDC Free Video Editor. The result is quite good despite the fact that YouTube has a great...
  15. 80talisten

Replacing the speaker fuse

One speaker fuse in my amp (H.H Scott 420A) is broken. No problem to change. But there are well different varieties and sizes. Just so I'm taking the right size.
  16. 80talisten

My first stereo system

Hi. I am new here. I became interested in HiFi for a while. This is my first stereo system. Vintage equipment. Turntable: H.H Scott PS-67A Cartridge: AT440MLb (Ordered, waiting for delivery) Stereo Amplifier: H.H Scott integrated amplifier 420A Cassette Deck: H.H Scott Stereo Cassette Deck...
Back
Top Bottom