Search results

1. L

Marantz 3600 Preamplifier - Power switch issue

Thanks Steven, I will contact him shortly. Thanks again! Guy
  2. L

Marantz 3600 Preamplifier - Power switch issue

Hello there! I have a preamplifier Marantz 3600 with a Marantz 140 and seems like the power switch on the Marantz 3600 is now defective. Here the history : Since a few days, I realised my Marantz 140 VU meters was dimming a lot for no reasons. I checked the voltage of the outlet and seems be...
  3. L

Yamaha MX-630 - Pre amp recommendations

Good to know. The reason I like the AX-550 is it seems having the same design of the faceplate than my MX-630. Thanks! Guy
  4. L

I can live without a remote honestly. If it has a remote it's a bonus!
  5. L

Hello, I'm looking for a pre amp to use with my MX-630. I checked for a CX-630 but seems like it's a rare pre amp in the market! (with remote). But, I checked for an integrated amplifier that I can use as pre amp and seems like the Yamaha AX-550 can be a good match. Any one have experiences...
  6. L

2500 Push Switch Cleaning & Restoration

I did exactly the same thing on a Marantz 1122dc. Need to be patient to disassemble and clean those switches but it fixed the distorsion issue!
  7. L

Marantz 140 + Marantz 3600 combo - Left channel issues

Hello, I'm checking again and again some post from AK here to see what can cause my rumble/hum issue and seems like a cold joint or loose screw on predrivers and/or drivers transistors/heat sink on the amplifier can cause this issue. I desolder H711 and H712 and checked for HFE value. I can...
  8. L

Marantz 140 + Marantz 3600 combo - Left channel issues

Hello there, I created a few post regarding my Marantz 140 under "Solid State" here in AK website and a user told me to submit my issue here. Here my situation : I acquire a Marantz combo 140/3600 from eBay in the last 3 years, which is a very good combo and I really like it. But, for random...
  9. L

Marantz 140 - Buzz/Rumble/hum issues

Will do. I resolder a ground wire already and I'm actually testing the amp using a smartphone with DAC and so far so good. Will retry with my Marantz 3600 and that will confirm if it's a pre amp issue or not. I'm testing it all the week. Thank you my friend! Guy
  10. L

Anybody have thoughts on this? I will re-test again and re-adjust all the stuffs tonight. Since yesterday, I started to check cracked ground and I suspect the Left potentiometer (one of the lug is loose). I will try to swap the amp board Left to Right/ Right to Left to see if the issue will...
  11. L

Marantz 1122DC lost channel - Intermittent

Hi there, Here a little update regarding this issue. I successfully disassembled and cleaned all the switches. I can say it's not an easy job. Here some pictures. No more scratchy sound now! Thanks for the help! Guy
  12. L

Hello there, In the past, I had issues with the left channel of my Marantz 140. I serviced my Marantz 140 as : - Changed the big cap for two 15 000uF 63V Mundorf - Changed all the transistors except the pre driver and drivers on left channel - Changed two diodes on both channels - BIAS and DC...
  13. L

Thank you so much for this information. I will try the easier way to clean the switches. If not possible, I will be patient to disassemble both switches and clean it up.!
  14. L

I will check the switches and use Deoxit D5 to clean it up!
  15. L

I forgot to say the relay has been replaced also in the past (bad channel issue). I will take a look of all the control. I will remove the faceplate and the pre-amp board to do a good job cleaning.
  16. L

Hello! I have a friend having a Marantz 1122dc which lost a channel sometimes. Once we touch the "Tone Defeat" and "Loudness" buttons, the channel is working again but it can take several minutes to make it working. The power amp section has been restored (new transistors, new pre drivers and...
  17. L

Marantz 1122 DC (Distorted Left Channel)

Hello! Please take a look on this thread : http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-1122dc-restoration.735917/page-2 This thread helped me a lot to choose/order the right parts! Thanks, Guy
  18. L

Marantz 140/3600 combo - Right channel issues

Finally, my issue was my speaker wires.... they was not well plugged on the back of my Marantz 3600 !!! Thanks, Guy
  19. L

Yamaha M40 vs MX-630

Thank you guys for these informations ! It's noted. I'm still open for other experiences of these amps.
  20. L

Yamaha M-40

I don't have the amp. I am looking how it's easy to restore this amp because I hesitate to pick a Yamaha MX-630 (I started a new thread for this). The best will be having the new caps as "plug and play" as : Desolder the original caps. Clean the holes or check for DSBG. Solder the new caps...
  21. L

Yamaha M40 vs MX-630

Hello! I am looking for a good old vintage Yamaha amplifier. I hesitate to go between the Yamaha M40 or MX-630. Why I'm hesitant : M40 have Auto Class A button in the front. MX-630 have HCA feature which seems be an auto Class A. MX-630 have clipping lights in the front. M40 doesn't. M40...
  22. L

Yamaha M-40

Seems like these caps will work : https://ca.mouser.com/Passive-Components/Capacitors/Aluminum-Electrolytic-Capacitors/Aluminum-Electrolytic-Capacitors-Leaded/_/N-75hqw?P=1z0wqq9Z1yx4att&Keyword=nichicon+KG&FS=True Again there, I need to know the diameter at least!
  23. L

Yamaha M-40

Yeah, from logic i'd go with 80V. I can't see on the net what is the size of the original caps. I'm still trying to figure this out.
  24. L

Yamaha M-40

Hello! Regarding the Mundorf caps, the originals are 22 000uf 69V and the Mundorfs are 22 000uf and 63V (good job MiamiBoy for the work!). If there an issue regarding the voltage? Can I push the amp to his limits with the Mundorfs? I have plans to drive the amp with Cerwin Vega VE-12F. Thanks...
  25. L

Marantz 140/3600 combo - Right channel issues

Hello! My combo Marantz 140/3600 was running for severals hours and the right channel was suddenly very quiet. I put the slider to the right channel to hear something and I need to push the volume knob up to 1/2 to begin to have sounds (distortionned sound on each bass/beat). I played with the...
Back
Top Bottom