Search results

1. L

Marantz 3600 Preamplifier - Power switch issue

Hello there! I have a preamplifier Marantz 3600 with a Marantz 140 and seems like the power switch on the Marantz 3600 is now defective. Here the history : Since a few days, I realised my Marantz 140 VU meters was dimming a lot for no reasons. I checked the voltage of the outlet and seems be...
  2. L

Yamaha MX-630 - Pre amp recommendations

Hello, I'm looking for a pre amp to use with my MX-630. I checked for a CX-630 but seems like it's a rare pre amp in the market! (with remote). But, I checked for an integrated amplifier that I can use as pre amp and seems like the Yamaha AX-550 can be a good match. Any one have experiences...
  3. L

Marantz 140 + Marantz 3600 combo - Left channel issues

Hello there, I created a few post regarding my Marantz 140 under "Solid State" here in AK website and a user told me to submit my issue here. Here my situation : I acquire a Marantz combo 140/3600 from eBay in the last 3 years, which is a very good combo and I really like it. But, for random...
  4. L

Marantz 140 - Buzz/Rumble/hum issues

Hello there, In the past, I had issues with the left channel of my Marantz 140. I serviced my Marantz 140 as : - Changed the big cap for two 15 000uF 63V Mundorf - Changed all the transistors except the pre driver and drivers on left channel - Changed two diodes on both channels - BIAS and DC...
  5. L

Marantz 1122DC lost channel - Intermittent

Hello! I have a friend having a Marantz 1122dc which lost a channel sometimes. Once we touch the "Tone Defeat" and "Loudness" buttons, the channel is working again but it can take several minutes to make it working. The power amp section has been restored (new transistors, new pre drivers and...
  6. L

Yamaha M40 vs MX-630

Hello! I am looking for a good old vintage Yamaha amplifier. I hesitate to go between the Yamaha M40 or MX-630. Why I'm hesitant : M40 have Auto Class A button in the front. MX-630 have HCA feature which seems be an auto Class A. MX-630 have clipping lights in the front. M40 doesn't. M40...
  7. L

Marantz 140/3600 combo - Right channel issues

Hello! My combo Marantz 140/3600 was running for severals hours and the right channel was suddenly very quiet. I put the slider to the right channel to hear something and I need to push the volume knob up to 1/2 to begin to have sounds (distortionned sound on each bass/beat). I played with the...
  8. L

Marantz 140 - 2 ohm load

Hello! I have a Marantz 140 with new main caps ( 2 x 15 000uf Mundorf) also 100% recapped and I'm wondering if I can run the 140 with my actual pair of Cerwin Vega D7 with a pair of Cerwin Vega D9 (system A + B from Marantz 3600). Am I better to add a second Marantz 140 to run the D9s? I heard...
  9. L

Marantz 300DC or Marantz SM-7 ESOTEC

Hello ! As the title says, what will be your preference? Different sound? Is there a difference between these two models? I know both models have exactly the same hardware (or maybe not, it's why i'm asking this question!) Also, there is some push buttons for the meters on the Marantz 300DC ...
  10. L

DIY - Modernize mohawk tube radio to transistor

Hello! I am about the modernize a old radio 1920 Mohawk. All the component on the tube amplifier are missing so I will replace all the old electronic stuff for : Mini transistor amplifier mono with PSU Raspberry Pi 3 with PSU New speaker Extension power cord (2 outlets prong) The mini amp and...
  11. L

Marantz 140 - BIAS not stable

Hello ! My Marantz 140 seems having issue regarding the BIAS adjustement on the left channel. It lose his adjustement every 2 or 3 months (goes to +50mv). Yesterday, I was worried of the temperature because the left side was hotter than the right side. After adjustement, the left side BIAS goes...
  12. L

Fleetwood Radio/Photo tube amplifier

Hello ! Yesterday, I picked up an old tube radio/photo and it seems it's not working. The tubes are not glowing. Since these tubes are the original, I think I can try to replace them. Someone told me it could be the power transformer (model 596 written on the transfo, see pictures). Also, on...
Back
Top Bottom