Search results

1. Stockman

GE Trimline 500 Amplifier Access

FYI - prying the gray plaid panel back, using putty knife and then a very long screwdriver released the old adhesive and allowed the panel to be tilted forward and lifted out of bottom clips.
  2. Stockman

GE Trimline 500 Amplifier Access

GE Trimline 500 Suitcase Amplifier Access There is an issue with one channel of the amplifier in this unit. Have tested turntable and new cartridge/stylus; signal is ok to the terminal block under turntable. Ran signal into the 3 wires under the turntable that lead to the amp and one channel...
  3. Stockman

Automatic start on Technics SL-1300/1301 - arm goes all the way to the center

Thank you all for your advice. I found that I could clean up the stuck auto-start rotating part without having to take it apart, which is difficult (see attached). I turned the baseplate vertical and oiled the shaft, worked multiples time (not only rotating but also working the stuck part...
  4. Stockman

B&O Beovox 3702 Woofer Advice Needed

My sister used these speakers for over 25 years and I just got them back. Unfortunately, a "friend" "repaired" the woofers with some RadioShack 40-1044 units and the sound is no longer quite right... Does anyone have specs on the woofer or suggested replacements? There are some B&O woofers out...
  5. Stockman

Voice of Music 560A tri-o-matic phonograph repair question

You can’t get in from the bottom: it’s sealed up. Pull the inside tube access panel as you have already done. Then, to make it easier, Unscrew the RCA jack for the tuner. Pull the phono RCA jack and black 3-pin plug from the electronic chassis. Then pull 4 screws that hold turntable down and...
  6. Stockman

Fisher 90-R Anniversary Tuner

Replacing festoon dial lamps: similar to the other solution, I ordered some WARM WHITE 8V LED Lamp Fuse-Type Bulbs for Pioneer SX-737, SX-828, SX-838 -8WW. Lightly soldering two together made just about the right length, and I secured with shrink tubing. Here are the pics.
  7. Stockman

Gray Research Micro-Trak 303 Tonearm - photo needed

This is exceptional. Thank you so much. I did love these arms, except for the funky head shell connection. The wood seemed to help reduce the rumble from the turntable rim drive and the second floor vibrations, too. They lasted nearly six years until we got some SME’s.
  8. Stockman

Thank you, that works... I don't need the armrest or base. If you can do a shot with the total length more centered and without the flash that would be extra credit:trebon: cuz I can Photoslop. Thanks again.
  9. Stockman

I'm doing some graphics for my old radio station anniversary and I need a picture of this tonearm which we used back in the day. The photo needs to be shot looking straight down at it from above. A good camera photo would be fine. Thanks to anyone who can help.
  10. Stockman

Realistic 40-1286B Speaker Specs

Does anyone have specs for this particular 1286B? It's an 8" dual cone "full range" speaker. I have found specs for the 1286 and the 1286 C, but they vary widely (seemingly even more than the usual RS spec variations). Pic attached. Thanks.
  11. Stockman

Fisher 90-R Anniversary Tuner

Does anyone have a source for the two long festoon dial lamps for the 90-R? The lettering on the lamp is very small but seems to say “7V 2W HEJALUX”, The service manual says it’s a 6V 2W Fisher part # l-563-145. Pic with measurement and in situ attached. Thanks. PS - this tuner is a beauty.
  12. Stockman

heathkit as-183 cabinet dimensions, port size etc.

Hi, don’t know if you built your cabs, but here’s some info. Any update?
  13. Stockman

Yamaha CR-620 w/no lights

Old post I know but a little update: beware brother, beware. On my CR-620, the lamp wiring diagram on the standalone Yamaha-approved schematic DOES NOT match the Yamaha service manual and also DOES NOT match my un-violated machine. What a freaking nightmare. My advice is to trace the wires and...
  14. Stockman

Advent /4 info and questions

Thanks. I have this info already. What I was looking for in particular is any changes in the drivers or xover during the model run. Wes - do you have a shot of the back of the tweeter and woofer with model #s, etc. Also serial number. I guess you like them a bit since you have held onto them.
  15. Stockman

Advent /4 info and questions

Does anyone know much about these speakers? 18-5/8 x 11-1/8 x 8. See pics. Got because I like my /3's but wanted more efficiency. Their history is unknown. The tweeter is different than the 3's (I think it's original). The woofer i'm not sure of. Frankly, assembly quality and vinyl covering is...
  16. Stockman

Advent Grille Cloth reweave

Near Monterey, California. You may have an equivalently talented person in your area. If not, send me a high-res shot of the problem and I'll take it by her.
  17. Stockman

Advent Grille Cloth reweave

I had some Advents that were great except for a frayed section about the size of a silver dollar on a grille. I wasn't satisfied with the replacement grille material I was seeing (although there may be excellent ones out there), and replacing and aligning grille cloth is a pain and somewhat...
  18. Stockman

Listening to a vintage Quad Receiver in an HDMI world

I have a vintage Sansui QRX 7001 quad receiver and also Denon and Marantz AV receivers (AVR). Of them all, I prefer the sound (and look) of the QRX with the speakers in my listening area. The challenge is listening to an HDMI-only source (DVD, NVIDIA Shield, etc.) and/or a 5.1 analog source...
  19. Stockman

Old School 3-in/3-out Quad Amp/Speaker Switch

Like many of you, I have more than one multi-channel amp and speaker set in my listening area. I would like to switch between amps and speakers, and there are beautiful audio matrix switchers that do this, but they are out of my price range. So this is an old school Quad amplifier/speaker...
  20. Stockman

Sad News

St Peter: “And how did you make a living?” Jim: “I brought dead hifi’s back to life.” St Peter: “Go on through. We have a Sansui listening cloud reserved just for you.”
  21. Stockman

ID these Advents. Info please?

I recently got some Advent /2's in the molded cabs, s/n 06171 and 43136. I discovered that there seem to be at least 3 different crossover designs - see attached. The third design "other/2" was shown on ebay. Was Advent constantly tweaking with the values to get them to sound a bit better? Does...
  22. Stockman

Yamaha YP-D71 Turntable Sync Lock Problem

Ouch. Hate to say this but those two controls were probably not the problem. For me it was the two stand-up trim pots on the circuit board that needed cleaning (mark their positions before twirling). If you haven’t already, look at the instruction manual and follow instructions to remove...
  23. Stockman

Pioneer QX-949 (and others) Mode Switch repair and cleaning

This may be good news for those of you with this or similar Pioneer receivers. My QX-949 had two speaker mode push-button switches that would not stay pushed in. Since I also needed to take apart to change one panel bulb, I decided to see if a switch fix was possible. The good news is that, for...
  24. Stockman

Garrard Model A, 88 Mk II, etc logo

Just finished restoring a couple of these Garrards (thanks to the help of some AK'ers). Absolutely love the logo/badge on the tonearms, so here's a cleaned up scan of this great badge. Enjoy.
  25. Stockman

Sluggish Garrards - a passel of them

I have three Garrard turntables from different eras - from Model A to Z2000 - and all with the same problem; anytime the tonearm needs to move - from rest to vinyl or return to rest after record ends - the platter slows and stops. They work at 78 but I think it's just inertia. And, yes, I've...
Back
Top Bottom