Search results

1. Duane

Anyone own a Panasonic UB9000P1k ?

Curious to know if anyone has this player and would care to comment on it's audio quality using the XLR out. Don't care if it can't play SACDs or DVD-As. Thank you.
  2. Duane

Desoldering Tool

I own a McIntosh MC7205. It uses incandescent #7373 lamps. These lamps keep going out so I'm going to replace them all with LED lamps. There are 9 for the 3 meters. I've done the replacing of several bulbs over the time I've owned this amp and used solder wick, which is ok but hit and miss. So...
  3. Duane

OPPO BDP-103 Linear Power Supply Mod

Has anyone modified their 103 with an LPS? If so, I'm curious to know if there's marked a improvement in audio and video.
  4. Duane

Strange red banner has started to appear

This is a recent thing. I now see a red banner in the area where you type. In the past it's always been clear. Curious if anyone else has noticed this. Example I captured is attached.
  5. Duane

Audiolab M-Dac+ owners/users

Trying to get as much information as possible with respects to dacs. I don't do streaming and I doubt I ever will. So the sources will be either a standard cd player or a Blu-ray disc player. This dac has my interest. There are so many dacs out there which makes it awfully hard to pick one...
  6. Duane

Vin Scully passed away yesterday

His passing hits hard. By far, the best baseball announcer ever. By all accounts, he was a better person. Although I live in San Diego, we were able to listen to the Dodgers on the radio in the early 60's. I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep with an earplug in my ear plugged into a...
  7. Duane

Bengals Chiefs Game on 1-30

Maybe it's me, but during the second half of Sunday's game, I got the strong feeling that the Chiefs threw the game. If you compare their game against the Bills the previous week and how they came back and won, yesterday's second half looked to be a give away.
  8. Duane

Plasma Owners?

Anyone still have a plasma set as their main display? I had a Pioneer Elite Pro-111FD Kuro set, purchase new in '09 when Pioneer stated they were no longer making plasma sets and ended up selling it in late 2019. It was an excellent set, albeit with a problem on one board that was repaired. I...
  9. Duane

Windows Media Player not functioning with Windows 7 anymore

Not sure if this is the right forum for my question. if not, please move it. My old pc is running on Windows 7. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft. Up until just a few weeks ago, I was able to rip a few CDs which would land in My Music and also in WMP. I could then copy the album...
  10. Duane

x3workshop - Perfect transaction

Purchased an item from Antoine and it arrived in excellent condition. Very easy to work with and very quick shipping. Before making this purchase, I did a search in the Feedback forum and every one was positive. Made this decision easy. Thanks man.
  11. Duane

Johnny Crawford has passed away.

Probably best known for The Rifleman tv series. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/johnny-crawford-dead/2021/04/30/2642a33a-a9be-11eb-bca5-048b2759a489_story.html
  12. Duane

4K Streaming Devices

Between the Apple, Roku and Amazon Firestick 4K devices, which of the 3 are the better choice. Picked up the 4K Firestick at the discounted price but it seems limited somewhat in that it seems to be mostly Amazons content. Any personal experiences with all 3?
  13. Duane

Wilford Brimley has passed away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/obituaries/wilford-brimley-dead.html
  14. Duane

48" OLED Sets Displayed at CES

Both LG and Sony have introduced smaller OLED TVs. LG touts their 48" CX line to be aimed at gamers. Sony's A9S hasn't had much press.
  15. Duane

Disney + Anyone Using it?

It showed up as an APP on my Amazon Firestick. Using the Firestick, downloaded it and it states free for 7 days. Decided to sign on just to see what it had. Looked at a couple of Pixar movies that I've seen in the past on Blu-ray to see how it compares. The immediate issue is the audio. These...
  16. Duane

4K Content Streaming Sources

I will be purchasing an OLED set fairly soon, leaning more towards the Sony A9G over the LG C9. I sold my Pioneer Elite Kuro to make way for 4K and would like to hear about what people are using as external streaming sources and how well they perform and look. I currently have an Amazon...
  17. Duane

The Irishman

This looks interesting. Comes out early next month to some theaters and on Netflix later the same month.
  18. Duane

Any Sony A9G Owners?

Contemplating buying an OLED tv and The Sony seems to be the choice. Would like to hear from anyone who owns one to pass along comments, good or bad about it's performance, user interface and what, if any, screenburn you've experienced. Thanks
  19. Duane

Anyone attended a Dolby Cinema?

Curious to hear from anyone who has been to a Dolby Cinema. They look impressive. The picture is supposed to be outstanding as it uses a laser for the light source. If anyone has been to the AMC Mission Valley theater, please chime in.
  20. Duane

OPPO BDP-105 Balanced vs. Unbalanced

Any BDP-105 owners who use the balanced audio output care to comment on the sound vs. the unbalanced outputs? I currently have the BDP-103 and wonder if the BDP-105 has a better sound with CDs.
  21. Duane

Bluetooth Capable Turntables

My stepdaughter and her husband are looking into having the ability to play records on a turntable that can send a wireless signal to bluetooth capable speakers. She says that the max they would spend is $1k, but lees would be better. She says they have the speakers, so just looking for a table...
  22. Duane

Search save

Is there a way to save a search in the search forums? It would be nice to come back later and do a search without having to fill in all of the same data for a specific search.
  23. Duane

Pickering Cartridge ID

Found this Pickering cartridge and would like to know which one it is. There is no model number stamped anywhere. The stylus is a D7E with no tip. Thanks
  24. Duane

Outlaw Audio Model 976 - New

Outlaw Audio has just listed this new pre/pro on their website. At $900, it is quite a bit cheaper that other current pre's. No Dolby Atmos. They supposedly have another product to include this at some future date. http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/976.html
  25. Duane

Any Anthem Owners?

Looking for anyone who owns Anthem Audio units that would care to comment on the sound signature and reliability. Any bugs that have been problems. I might want to try their bottom of the line receiver, the MRX 520. Since I have no intent of going with more speakers, basic 5.1/5.2 is perfect. I...
Back
Top Bottom