Search results

1. mwo1268

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Thin Lizzy - Night Life
  2. mwo1268

Whenever I hear the Burn lp, I’m transported back to my older brother’s first car, a 62 Valiant convertible with the under the dash 8 track player, the push button transmission and the ashtray filled with roaches! Great memories!!
  3. mwo1268

Yes, those are the Q950’s. A recent addition to the system and yes, I’m in love! The soundstage is incredible!
  4. mwo1268

Tonight’s theme, albums with artwork by Roger Dean. Left to right across the bottom: 1. the debut album from Gun (1968, his first album cover). 2. Squawk by Budgie 3. Heavy Petting by Dr. Strangely Strange, a really cool folk rock record from 1970 produced by Joe Boyd and featuring Dave...
  5. mwo1268

Pics of your listening space

Tonight’s theme, albums with artwork by Roger Dean. Left to right across the bottom: 1. the debut album from Gun (1968, his first album cover). 2. Squawk by Budgie 3. Heavy Petting by Dr. Strangely Strange, a really cool folk rock record from 1970 produced by Joe Boyd and featuring Dave...
  6. mwo1268

New home, new listening room powered by 80’s McIntosh

The original manufacturer of those shelves, Per Madsen, used to advertise this system in the back of Audio & Stereo Review back in the late 80’s & early 90’s and I used to read those mags religiously. He was a one man shop out of San Francisco. One day I called him and requested some...
  7. mwo1268

New home, new listening room

Thank you. I’m absolutely thrilled with it.
  8. mwo1268

Fifty years of collecting.
  9. mwo1268

One of the best investments I ever made for my collection. Some of those racks are over 30 years old, have been through four moves and they still look brand new with no signs of sagging.
  10. mwo1268

About 5,000. Fifty years of collecting. I started early.
  11. mwo1268

We just moved to Oxford in Chester County. I’m a lifelong Delaware County guy so this was a big change but I’m really loving it here!
  12. mwo1268

Thank you very much!
  13. mwo1268

We’ve been in our new house for a little over a month now so I’m going to post some photos of my listening room. This is only the beginning, still things to unpack and organize so this will be a work in progress. Still more to do to make it more cozy but we’re off to a good start. I carved out a...
  14. mwo1268

Hi everyone, It’s been a while since I’ve checked in here and a lot has changed since. My wife and I built a new home and moved out to the Pennsylvania countryside. We’ve been in our new house for a little over a month now so I’m going to post some photos of my listening room. This is only...
  15. mwo1268

New home, new listening room

Hi everyone, It’s been a while since I’ve checked in here and a lot has changed since. My wife and I built a new home and moved out to the Pennsylvania countryside. We’ve been in our new house for a little over a month now so I’m going to post some photos of my listening room. This is...
  16. mwo1268

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

My little getaway.
  17. mwo1268

Show me your vinyl record display stands, please...

Per Madsen Rackit system.
  18. mwo1268

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

That’s a beautiful deck!!
  19. mwo1268

Some changes to my main system

My wife made me promise I would trade something in in exchange for getting these. I ended up trading in my ML 10 C speakers and MQ 101 equalizer. I’m taking up enough space in the closet with old audio gear, lol!! It was a worthwhile trade though. I’m loving these XR 16’s so far. On Day 3 I’m...
  20. mwo1268

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

LOVE this setup!!
  21. mwo1268

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

MC 2155 power amp C 27 preamp XR 16 speakers Linn LP12 turntable with Linn Lingo outboard power supply Denon DCD 800 CD player Denon DN 790R cassette deck Nakamichi 580M cassette deck
  22. mwo1268

Some changes to my main system

Here’s some new photos of my listening space. Over the past few weeks, I’ve added an MC 2155 power amp, a C 27 preamp and as of yesterday, a pair of XR 16 speakers that I picked up from Audio Classics. After just a few hours with the XR 16’s, I’m truly impressed. Prior to this I had been using...
  23. mwo1268

The Clash - The Palladium, NYC, 9/21/79 - Forty two years ago tonight, The Clash were in New York City for the first of a two night stand at The Palladium. The band had just finished recording but were a few months away from releasing the legendary London Calling lp. The iconic cover photo from...
  24. mwo1268

Today's SOUL Playlist

I can’t believe how much those records sell for now, but I say that about many records, lol!! I bought the majority of my Parliament albums as cutouts in the early 80’s. I don’t think I paid more than $4 for any of them. I still have the iron on patch that was included with the double live...
  25. mwo1268

Today's SOUL Playlist

Oh yes, lots of Parliament! I even have the early singles by The Parliaments from the late 60’s on the Revilot label. I love pretty much everything from the P-Funk collective.
Back
Top Bottom