Search results

1. Jon D

Comparing Sansui Eight and HK 930?

I have an Eight and a 730. They are both very nice sounding recievers. Very different as well. Which is better sounding? That depends on who is listening and what speakers they are hooked up to. The Eight has more power and a far superior phono. The 730 phono is not very good. Definately...
  2. Jon D

Vintage speakers for Sansui 2000x

I have a few 40 watt range receivers. I like the polk monitor 7s with them. I also have some DLK 1 1/2s which are 4 ohm. Being 4 ohm they get a lot louder than the polks. Nice to take advantage of that extra power. The 2000x should be up to the task if running properly. Cannot run 2 pairs though.
  3. Jon D

Just spotted -- DCM Time Windows for $20 in Elko, Nevada thrift store

Isn't that just the way life goes. You could spend the rest of it and not find those for that price. Definately cool of you to put the word out. I own some and they are definately special speakers. Even at 10 times that price.
  4. Jon D

Polk Audio Monitor 7 vs 10

Happy to hear. They should serve you well.
  5. Jon D

I have moved on from my polks as well. They are in the garage and I still use em regularly. All the tweeter stuff aside I would have to say I have always been impressed with the bass. Hard to believe it's only one 6 inch driver. I used to laugh at passive radiators. Not any more. Great speakers...
  6. Jon D

Looking back to the op and trying to help this person, I would have to say your onkyo will lend itself better to the 10s in question and your Marantz will the 7s. Good luck on your audio journey, its fun.
  7. Jon D

If your gonna do the tweets you might as well recap. Now we are easily past 150. And so on and so on. Lol. Your preaching to the choir. I will have 194s in mine one day, and I will do it right. You do not have to convince me they are better. I am just saying to the op that the 2000s as imperfect...
  8. Jon D

The cost of the tweets is more than I paid for the speakers. Effort is not a problem for me thx.
  9. Jon D

DCM timewindows 1A

Mine are higher numbered. The wave form comparison is actually a fold out so there are 4 sides. I will post the other two here. Not sure of the year on mine. The instructions say 78. The brochure says 82. Picture on the front of the foldout is kind of cool.
  10. Jon D

I own speakers with more accurate tweeters. The sl2000s to me are just a little crisp. With my more laid back recievers such as the 2238 it is not bothersome to me at all. Im just saying I would hate to see the op miss out on some affordable nice sounding speakers because some people do not...
  11. Jon D

DCM timewindows 1A

I bought an air filter material from a place here in Michigan. Was a lot cheaper than the kits they sell. It's dark grey so some people paint them. Color worked well in my living room so I left them grey. I had to cut it, but it was not too bad to do.
  12. Jon D

DCM timewindows 1A

Buy them
  13. Jon D

If the sl 2000 is awful then I love awfull sounding tweeters. Send them all to me. Just like everyone says, let your ears be the judge.
  14. Jon D

I have a pair of 7s with the sl2000 tweeter. I also have a Marantz 2238 ironically. The monitor 7s sound good with all my recievers. None better than the 2238 though. They really pair nice together. Even power wise. One of my favorite combos. People speak higher of the peerless tweet or the rdo...
  15. Jon D

Switched back to Sansui

I grew up with my dad's 4000. That's what was in my bedroom when I was sixteen. Man I tortured that thing. When I first got my own home I had all home theater stuff. One day I picked up an old fisher someone couldn't even sell for 20 bucks at a garage sale. I got it free. Once I heard it I was...
  16. Jon D

Got my Eight today.

I had read Trnsfrmrs post and thought I could pull it off. I was wrong. Blew the fuse in my meter and the bias must have went sky high. The left channel got real hot. In the end the bias on that channel was up around 16mah. Couldn't get it to adjust down. Right channel was just under 9. I was...
  17. Jon D

DCM timewindows 1A

I got all the literature and boxes w mine. Box just says 1 not 1a. Here are the instructions. I have the brochure as well. It just pretty much compares them to other speakers hope this helps. But these things do sound good pretty much anywhere.
  18. Jon D

What the heck was DCM thinking putting all this black tar around the woofers?!?!

A windshield removal tool would probably work with the right length blade. They are relatively cheap too. Hardest part would be fishing it in there.
  19. Jon D

What the heck was DCM thinking putting all this black tar around the woofers?!?!

Love my TWs. I just hope I never have to work on them. When I put the foams on I saw that stuff. What a mess.
  20. Jon D

Sansui 4000 help needed

Try moving the white wire instead of using a jumper.
  21. Jon D

Eight Deluxe variable output?

That Dlx has so many rca jacks on the back it's crazy there is not one. Thanks for the info guys. Y cables it is.
  22. Jon D

Thanks. There is a 4ch adaptor with an out. I was hoping I could use that or just pull the pins and use the pre amp out. Wasn't sure if this receiver would operate on channel a wo the pins as some will. Thanks for the reply I will put the y cables on my list of things to get.
  23. Jon D

I have my Dlx playing some Dcm Time windows. As much as I enjoy them, they could use a little more on the low end. I have some subwoofers laying around and was thinking about how to add them. Originally I was thinking about putting them on the b speaker outs. Probably not the best option, and I...
  24. Jon D

Got my Eight today.

Boy do I feel dumb right about now. mA not mV. And it's low not high.
  25. Jon D

Got my Eight today.

I lied. Looks like I am gonna work on it some more. Did a quick a to b with my hk 730 as I was swapping it out. On the big end the 730 was way to close if not better. I love my 730 but that should not be. So I decided to check the bias. Up at about 40mv on both channels. I have read every post I...
Back
Top Bottom