Search results

1. Hasty1

SX-1980 left channel dead.

Speaking further to an earlier post, I thought I had a volume pot issue. The receiver was recapped a few 4-5 years ago, I put a TxTurbo power supply in about a year ago. I desoldered the volume pot and cleaned it with deoxit fader. Both preamp outputs are working. I can hook either preamp...
  2. Hasty1

My annual breakdown has occurred with my 1980 again.

I was having scratchy/low volume output on the left channel, but this cleared up or had intermittent issues by turning the volume knob up and down. I haven't been using this much for the last few months, so though, no big deal, clean the volume pot with deoxit and turn the knob a bunch of...
  3. Hasty1

Audio rack that will hold an SX-1980

Anybody have a suggestion for an off-the-shelf audio rack that will fit and support an SX-1980 (and other components) and a turntable on top. I looked at some Sanus shelves on Amazon, but didn't see any that were wide enough for the 22" wide receiver. Just looking for suggestions.
  4. Hasty1

Ordered Cherry RF-7ii speakers today.

Call me crazy, but I ordered a NEW set of RF-7ii speakers in cherry veneer today. I've mulled this over for days, and I suppose a combination of the deep Christmas discounts they are offering and "Miller Time" got the best of me :D These are the first Klipsch speakers I've ever bought new...
  5. Hasty1

AU-717 First Impressions

I recently acquired an AU-717. I'm running digital audio into an Emotiva XDA-2 into the Sansui and I am stunned at how good this amp sounds.
  6. Hasty1

Just saw that Leonard Cohen passed away.

I just saw in a new article that Leonard Cohen has passed away. Another Iconic performer gone in 2016.
  7. Hasty1

Heritage Wireless line is finally hitting shelves.

I remembered seeing Klipsch debut the Heritage Wireless stuff at the beginning of the year from their CES 2016 pictures, but they never actually released any of it. They posted new pictures on their Facebook account and I saw that ABT has them on their website now. It looks like it might be...
  8. Hasty1

Better drivers in HPM-100

This may have been discussed before, but I was wondering if there were any drivers that could be swapped into an HPM-100 that are a little more refined. I'm just thinking of the mid-range and tweeter, retaining the stock woofer. I've got a couple of pairs of these speakers with recapped...
  9. Hasty1

New power supply installed

Just finished up installing the new power supply in the sx-1980. I haven't powered up yet. I've got a couple things to finish my DBT, but all of the readings looked OK checking resistances to various loads compared to the instructions.
  10. Hasty1

Klipsch 70th anniversary Cornwall

I looked on the Klipsch website and they have made 70 pairs of the Australian walnut Cornwall iii's available. These are great looking speakers without a doubt.
  11. Hasty1

New SX-1980 PS

Is the person making the new replacement power supply board for an SX-1980 a member or forum vendor here? I'm weighing my options on my 1980 that blew the fuses for the 80v supply.
  12. Hasty1

Replacing blown fuses on a power supply board.

I had both 1amp fuses blow at startup on my sx1980 when the soft start relay normally turns on. This receiver has been running flawlessly for 3 years since being recapped, but for what it's worth, this is the first time I ever turned it on while it was in the AM radio mode. (I have no idea if...
  13. Hasty1

Replacing blown fuses on a power supply board.

I had both 1amp fuses blow at startup on my sx1980 when the soft start relay normally turns on. This receiver has been running flawlessly for 3 years since being recapped, but for what it's worth, this is the first time I ever turned it on while it was in the AM radio mode. (I have no idea if...
  14. Hasty1

Back on AK after a long hiatus

I used to be on here once in a while, but not recently. I've got some vintage and new equipment. I've even got a Pioneer SX-1980, and that's part of the reason I'm back. It blew a couple of fuses, so I'm going to begin figuring out what that issue may be.
Back
Top Bottom