Search results

1. phansen39

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Higher capacitance higher phase shift, A larger capacitance takes longer to charge and discharge thereby increasing delaying time or increaseing the phase shift.
  2. phansen39

Yet another Ar4 thread.

Ra.ra They don't seem to be 8 ohm. The older ar4 tweeters were about 4 ohm Impedance. The newer ones ar4xa about 5 Post 18. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/recapping-ar-4x.123113/page-3 From the thread you linked. And this one of mine I just did a quick sweep on.
  3. phansen39

Epicure 3.0 build

Nice console. Turnable seems a bit hard to reach though.
  4. phansen39

Yet another Ar4 thread.

Don't have them yet. Did a buy it now on the Bay yesterday.
  5. phansen39

Yet another Ar4 thread.

Small change in plans Got a matched set of woofers coming. So the original tweeters are 5 ohm impedance on the ar4x and the part express tweeters are are 8 ohm impedance. So to keep the crossover at 1600 hz. I woyld need like a 12 uF cap or so. Anyone have experience with the parts express...
  6. phansen39

Oscilloscope probe issues

Here's a quick build pulse generator. Your going to need the service manual to adjust that scope. Do you know anyone with with a known good scope.?
  7. phansen39

EPI 100 (original) crossover caps

It just rolled off above 10khz. And the fs went to about 3500hz. At a guess the original compound on the voice coil was going bad. Mixed and matched a couple that would play nice and sold them off. Have the human pro002 tweets. The are a good replacement. Got his 8" woofers too. They will...
  8. phansen39

EPI 100 (original) crossover caps

Yes 10 uF. They the old masonite tweeters? Mine had same problem one of them rolled off above 10kHz. Tweeter was failing.
  9. phansen39

Yet another Ar4 thread.

So have some empty Ar4 cabinets. Sold off the ar4x's I bought last december with doner drivers from these. The cabinets on those were in perfect condition but the drivers were a mess. So located another pair dinged up cabinets, no grills but good drivers all around. Nothing but bad juju with...
  10. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

I apologize also. I was in the 597 refrigeration tech. Quit from the trades when I hit 50. Getting up at 2 am to drive 5 hrs to a grocery store wasn't working for me anymore. How long were you out in the field
  11. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

Tom, Impressed with your creds, retract my statement. I've done much of the same stuff in the miltary then in the private sector.. So I am confused why you would not agree with about this. Instead you make a disparaging comment such that hearing loss is not a problem and I'm an idiot. So I'll...
  12. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

I don't doubt his knowedge of speakers and gear. Uninformed about spl levels and hearing damage ,yes
  13. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

Maybe distributed audio would be the way to go.
  14. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

"Self righteous popinjay" Thank you for your kind compliment yah uninformed twit. The OP make a post about getting louder speakers than the ones he blew. My 1st thought was just how loud were they that they blew. I didn't address the OP question. Brought up hearing loss that should concern...
  15. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

No I won't get off my soap box. "Everyone likes to crank it once in a while." I suppose people like stare at the sun too. I'm sorry that you have hearing loss however it happened. I would think that you would be for protecting your hearing. Guess not.
  16. phansen39

can i garbage sony ulm?

If you don't like them and can't sell them for the price you want just pass them on. If you don't to go the thrift donation put them kijiji real cheap. A future owner may part them out or may like them and use them. That's up to that person.
  17. phansen39

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

:needpics:
  18. phansen39

Should I go pro ?

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hearing-loss-causes-symptoms-treatment#1
  19. phansen39

Hello, my name is Chad and I have a speaker problem

We will all be happy to help you create more floorspace.
  20. phansen39

Hello, my name is Chad and I have a speaker problem

Why do you need to be able to move around your livingroom.?:)
  21. phansen39

can i garbage sony ulm?

Thrift store donation.
  22. phansen39

AR 3 Find

Their is some old discussions about using the thinned permatex. On an ar4 woofer the permatex works fine if not over applied. The latex stuff from vintage-ar is easier to apply. http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/topic/4044-cloth-surrounds/&
  23. phansen39

Best thrift store find ever. White van junk.

Oh had to pay full msrp. Nope didn't buy them. Not gonna pay Goodwill to throw out their garbage.
Back
Top Bottom