Search results

1. J

Pairing opinion needed

Yeah but with my setup its a pain in the balls to pull one out and put one in. I own them.both
  2. J

Pairing opinion needed

Gunna pickup some elac debut 6.2 speakers to give a try. If YOU had the receivers below to choose from which would work best and why :) any suggestions? Nad 7140 Cambridge audio azur 540r
  3. J

Cambridge audio vs Nad

Id like to keep both but id like to flip one to upgrade my speakers. I may keep both
  4. J

Cambridge audio vs Nad

Got a cambridge audio receiver model azur540r For free and unexpectedly got a nad 7140 for free as well. One can stay ...one is going...which would you part with and why.
  5. J

Cambridge audio receiver opinions needed

Being a brit receiver ..do you think missions or b&w would be okay?
  6. J

Cambridge audio receiver opinions needed

A) what brand of speakers pair well in general with cambridge audio. B) your opinion of cambridge audio. I picked up a receiver for free and never owned one before.
  7. J

turntable and soundbar?

I wonder what it would be like if you got like a Sonos Arc...which makes the room sound like you have surround sound even though you have only one soundbar with 11 speakers
  8. J

turntable and soundbar?

well the soundbar has its own volume thats not the biggest issue I just dont know what a really good soundbar would sound like playing vinyl
  9. J

New receiver with older speakers?

these are the speakers I have B&w CC6 S2 = center speaker b&w dm 602 s2 = front speakers I dont have any back speakers (maybe I would buy some) should I use them or sell and buy completely new ones .. and would they be decent with a brand new receiver ?
  10. J

turntable and soundbar?

does anybody have any experience hooking a turntable to a preamp and into a higher end soundbar ? instead of having a receiver and speakers. Okay results ? let me know
  11. J

Dr Thomas Musical Fidelity

I am looking at a power amp by dr thomas. Im shocked the lack of anything online about them. Are they decent? Shitty?
  12. J

Paradigm 5SE MK1 vs Paradigm titan v1

Thanks fellas Colour me impressed with the 5se models. And i got them at a thrift store for under 20 dollars. Infact they are on par with my b&w speaks and in some ways better. I only saw pictures of the titans so i didnt know the build quality or anything.
  13. J

Paradigm 5SE MK1 vs Paradigm titan v1

I currently own 5se speakers by paradigm and have been impressed. Have the chance to pickup titans for 100 dollars. What are your educated opinions on the titans? Would they be an upgrade? Any experience with these?
  14. J

Worth it ?

Marantz sr5000 and b&w dm602 s2 is what my set up currently is
  15. J

Worth it ?

Not to sound blasphemous but are new receivers worth buying? What should I look for ? Im currently running pre hdmi marantz late 90s receiver with b&w speakers. Any idea if getting a new sony or denon or whatever would be worth it? Downside? Need opinions
  16. J

Touring Posters??

That being said they have high resolution movie posters and other posters that you can find/download © or not. Youd think someone would have scanned some. I mean shows from like the 80s or 90s. Most of the bands are defunct .
  17. J

Touring Posters??

So I want to print off 8.5 x 11 tour posters and frame them for the man cave.. I was wondering if anyone knows where high resolution scans can be found. I am kind of shocked the lack of websites with this on it. This isnt per say about audio equipment BUT if anyone would know it would be you...
  18. J

Carver Model C-9 Sonic Hologram Generator

The wow factor becomes normal if you move away but you can turn it off if you arent sitting in front...also it has an option for wider
  19. J

Its the strangest thing that I hadnt heard of one and yes its a stand alone like the picture attached. It def makes it sound brighter and im.trying to figure out the speaker placement
  20. J

With absolutely no idea what exactly this thing was I bought one at the local thrift store. Anyone with any experience with these? Its a weird mix online of being totally impressed or totally not. I picked it up for 5.99 i think I did alright on a mini gamble i suppose Opinions? Advice?
  21. J

Rotel vs NAD cd players

I have a chance to buy a rotel rcd 850 or a NAD 5300...bot the same price. Which would you go for ? Why?
  22. J

Paradigm vs B&W

Currently i have a set of Paradigm 5se mk1 And B&W dm602 s2 Lets say i had to sell.one set and keep the other ....which would you keep? And why? Are they even in the same league as each other? Currently running them on marantz sr5000 which needs to be upgraded. I believe paradigm sounds...
  23. J

Paradigm 5SE MK1

Not sure what a Vifa tweeter is ...my speakers look like the pic posted above...if that a vifa tweeter ?
  24. J

Paradigm 5SE MK1

Thank you fellas ! Yeah i got a steal at 15 but you should see my.other pair. b&w dm602 s2...got them because some millionaire was pitching them out at the end of the driveway. So im think b&w fronts and paradigm back. Running them on a marantz sr5000 (which might be the next upgrade i do)
  25. J

Paradigm 5SE MK1

Any thoughts on these? Info ? Year made or specs? I got them for 15 bucks at a local thtift store...was wondering how they would do as my rear speakers (have b&w as my center and fronts)
Back
Top Bottom