Search results

1. Guy Ornes

Pioneer PAX-30G horn horizontal or vertical?

Agreed that they were probably intended vertical given the attenuator, terminals, and label on the magnet being legible in the vertical position. I will try both ways and give my opinion in the coming weeks. Any other thoughts or experience, keep it coming. Thanks
  2. Guy Ornes

Pioneer PAX-30G horn horizontal or vertical?

I have seen a few AK threads on the Pioneer PAX-30G drivers around repairing and box size, but have not seen any for my question. Most of the images of these in boxes are mounted with the horns in a vertical position. Has anyone tried mounting these both vertically and horizontally to reveal...
  3. Guy Ornes

Step Volume Too Much Issue

Thank you for the great info. Attenuator it is
  4. Guy Ornes

Thank you all for the info. Would it be possible to put a passive preamp in between the audire preamp and the amp to better control the volume?
  5. Guy Ornes

I need to find a solution for my dilemna which is that I listen at lower volume and want more control from my preamp volume. I love the sound, but need to have better volume control than my preamp's step attentuator allows. I usually listen between 2 and 4 steps on my preamp which is in the...
  6. Guy Ornes

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Oct 10, 2016 Verified email
  7. Guy Ornes

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Motorola HS-766A Stereo single-ended 6BQ5 power amp with a level control that AKs RWood built for me.
  8. Guy Ornes

Eastern electric m520... thoughts

Anyone have a Eastern electric m520 integrated tube amp? What are your thoughts? Did you upgrade tubes? To what?
  9. Guy Ornes

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

I know there is nothing happening for the near future here, but talked with a new AK member that happens to be in the KC area, so I am connecting him here for when things clear up. @Brett Becker welcome to the KC Area thread.
  10. Guy Ornes

Stylus moving off center installing in cartridge

Picture of cart body stylus cavity.
  11. Guy Ornes

This is nothing to do with the arm but rather the cartridge and stylus only. Installing the stylus into the cartridge body makes the cantilever move off center.
  12. Guy Ornes

I have a signet tk5ea with a broken stylus. Got a gently used tkn5ea stylus with a straight cantilever. When installing in the cart body, the cantilever pushes to the right pretty badly. Going back to the broken stylus and I can see the broken cantilever does the same sometimes and not other...
  13. Guy Ornes

Time to Fest in KC - June 29th

I am interested in another meet up. Will check and confirm later.
  14. Guy Ornes

Fisher Coronet 100T

No multiplex addition or special work done. It is in good cosmetic shape. I will take a look at the Ebay auction. Thanks
  15. Guy Ornes

Fisher Coronet 100T

Is a restored / recapped Fisher Coronet 100T preamp tuner worth $700?
  16. Guy Ornes

Kansas city fall fest. official sign up thread & INFO

I am just now catching back up to this thread. First off, thank you for hosting Eric and erin. It was great to meet and see everyone again. Second, sorry to hear about the speaker issue. I hope this doesn't deter from having these meets ever so often.
  17. Guy Ornes

Luxman C-02 Lacking Bottom End

All of my preamps and receivers have different degrees of bass output, but the lux c-02 is way too thin to sound right. Any opinion of issues in preamps that have little bass response?
  18. Guy Ornes

All inputs are the same. Tone in, tone controls and low boost make a difference, but not huge and nowhere near any other pre's I have. I have played with the settings and at max bass it is still thin.
  19. Guy Ornes

I recently got a luxman c-02 pre. I like it but the low frequency is very thin. Had it recapped and still unimpressed with bottom end. Would love to hear your thoughts since I have always heard good things. I have a couple sansui's, an adcom, and another lux: and all have a full range of...
  20. Guy Ornes

Kansas city fall fest. official sign up thread & INFO

If you have room for 1 more, I might be a last minute add. I have not figured out if I can come or not, but will have that figured out tomorrow morning. Please send me address / contact info and I will let you know for sure tomorrow morning. Also, what can I bring to help with food?
  21. Guy Ornes

Alps SDU1P power switch

Anyone know where I can get an Alps SDU1P power switch? It is from my Sansui A-80. I can post a few pics if that helps.
  22. Guy Ornes

KC Area AK get together - June 2

I can bring some coleslaw, but I won't be there until after 2.
  23. Guy Ornes

I am still planning on attending. Will pm shortly.
  24. Guy Ornes

And I will be interested in a preamps to go with my newly acquired luxman M 2000 amp. I have an Adcom but looking to get something better. I can bring a couple of tuners and old large Advent pair newly refoamed to part with, if interested.
  25. Guy Ornes

I will try to be there with my laptop and hard drive full of music. Will bring some food as well once we figure that out.
Back
Top Bottom