Search results

1. ghostberry

SA-8800 Recap & Power Questions

Hi Whitecastle, I am sure someone will help you soon as there are tons of great ones on here and good luck with the recap, I myself am' doing an amp citation 19 and I will say those power caps of mine were $265 for 4 at Mouser but we worth it. I get a very small pop sound when I power down but...
  2. ghostberry

What are you drinking now?

Singapore Sling - need to have someone bootleg me some Heering liquor up here, they do not sell in my area!:beerchug:
  3. ghostberry

Exploding caps

And to think I had someone on here tell me they will not explode!:wtf:
  4. ghostberry

New member from Canada, hello!

South of you!
  5. ghostberry

Harman Kardon Citation 19 Recap

Yes please. I am green at this stuff and if you do I would appreciate it for sure. I am following what you are doing and will change out C1 as I did C3-C6 unless there is another C1 as well. There are CR that are for rectifier? What kind do you recommend for those I see there is four of them...
  6. ghostberry

Hi Byrd, Is this the correct bridge rectifier? I too am' building on a Citation 19 and did just what AmCam is and trying to modernize it without going off the mark with ratings! http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/IXYS/VBO68-08NO7/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtQ8nqTKtFS%2fKGlmTW84eZI88leaFN1mPI%3d
  7. ghostberry

Hello AmCam, Thank you for the post, this helped me get going on my Citation 19 a few weeks ago. My C3-C6's were $67 ea CDN they were the TDK brand from Mouser 10,000uF 100V and went straight in. The amp works great and the reason I changed out the caps is because someone put a 'crutch' cap in...
  8. ghostberry

Harman Kardon HK 330B recap, restore and upgrade BOM part list (kinda)

Thanks for that stuff. BOM this is a new one, Build Our MacIntosh? LOL I do not know the lingo so you definitely have been on here longer for sure! Okay I am off to find the preamp area to ask a question on something (I won't post here)!:whip::king::D
  9. ghostberry

One last question for the hour! ha ha dlucy - how the heck do you get to put writing on your pictures that illustrate the area of the circuit you are talking about please? That is a good idea to help pinpoint the area for people like me to see where you mean in the circuit that needs work etc...
  10. ghostberry

I do not know how to quote a small part of a big answer so to save space I will just say thank you again for the help you do here. I had to laugh, you and I are the same in a way that we do not know what we are doing but we are hobbyists in electronics! I just started everything!!! I have taken...
  11. ghostberry

dlucy that is great and thank you for this heads up. So, the area you want me to post is the link you provided above so you can compile more? It would be neat to know which ones are the originals and ones that looked replaced. I am so new to electronics that this will be a bit of a learning...
  12. ghostberry

The Ending Letter, New City Game

Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
  13. ghostberry

The Double Letter Game

Lee Chic
  14. ghostberry

The Word Association Game

le chic
  15. ghostberry

Latest recap and Upgrade amp - Yamaha M-70

What do you mean start a new one? I thought we just stick to here? Thanks for the link!
  16. ghostberry

Latest recap and Upgrade amp - Yamaha M-70

Can I get a location where you got your Vampires from? I would love to get those ones as they are nice. I will have a peek at Lowes too. I found on Home Depot those 'wall' mount connectors! ha ha That would look pretty sad to Epoxy it to the back...making it ugly but MEAN!:biggrin:
  17. ghostberry

Replacement transistor for 2N6211 possible need help!

Thank you Foot! I did email to inquire, okay I will see if these STC's are a new manufacture and are worthy to have as a back up or just go with the RCA brand and fork out about $40, at least it is not $60...$40 I am converting to our dollar, wow Mexico has it rough! I dislike ordering from...
  18. ghostberry

You are right, I know that one for sure...you get what you pay for! Foot, those ones are three leads and do not have the same housing they look like they stand upright and the ones I need are the oval shaped ones. Just saw some on eBay that states they are 'unmarked' @ $10 ea. no thanks! STC...
  19. ghostberry

Thank you guys for all this help. I know that China site utsource looks sad! I just found this link and they are in California (where my fiance's dad played for the Kings back in the day) and I think I can try this STC brand...I emailed them and asked why the price difference from the RCA...
  20. ghostberry

I found the 6211 data sheet and the 6212 has a higher voltage...I do not understand the transistor theory for the eBc but since a person can go higher in voltage for capacitors, can one also 'in theory' just go higher with transistors too without any heat/damage issues to the circuit(s)? I saw...
  21. ghostberry

Hi everyone! I was doing up a list of parts and ran into a $57 transistor on Mouser that I find really high. I did further research and found this site from China (yikes) and it is call utsource. the price on their site if $3 ea but the photo looks like someone messed with it...maybe changed...
  22. ghostberry

replacement transistors - 2N6211

2N6212 I saw this online and it says that this is to replace the 6211, I was on Mouser and doing a shopping cart list and this 6211 is $57! What the heck! This is for my HK Citation 19 amp that shows on the manual that there are six Q's and this one is Q2? May I ask if someone can find the...
  23. ghostberry

What's your latest audio purchase?

Wow! Power and I bet sounds awesome!:rockon: Specifications Power output: 300 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) Frequency response: 1Hz to 100kHz Total harmonic distortion: 0.005% Damping factor: 300 Gain: 33.8 dB Input sensitivity: 1V Signal to noise ratio: 120dB Speaker load...
  24. ghostberry

What's your latest audio purchase?

I need speakers to say that to me, I need some better ones soon!:biggrin:
Back
Top Bottom