Search results

1. R

Sad News

So sad to hear this. Jim's love of Sansui gear was infectious and he was a fount of knowledge that can never be replaced. My heart goes out to his family and may he rest in peace.
  2. R

Rectilinear iii High Highboys Fans

Good share...thanks!
  3. R

Wow, it's been almost a year since I posted this question. I may have set some sort of a record for longest Craigslist transaction. The seller works for Union Pacific and and got called out of town for a very long time. When he finally got back in to town and emailed me in December, I...
  4. R

Sansui 7000

Thanks, Pete. I have to laugh that you and Rob were the first folks to reply, because after I posted my question I discovered a thread from 2009 that I had missed before where you two are discussing this very thing.
  5. R

Sansui 7000

Thanks for the info, Rob!
  6. R

Sansui 7000

Does anyone out there know if the model 7000 receiver has the dual differential pair on the amp input, like the Eight, AU-666-999? I've read through some past threads that say the 7000 and Eight were built around the same time and share some similarities but that there are also notable design...
  7. R

Eight and Eight Deluxe Production Changes

Thanks for doing this, Pete! Sorry for making extra work for you by not using the correct format. Tim
  8. R

Eight and Eight Deluxe Production Changes

Eight, engraved, no relay, set screws on all knobs, 221120697 Eight Deluxe, engraved, relay, set screw on tuning knob, 224010239 7000, engraved, no relay, set screws on all knobs, 221031402 AU-999, 231080544 AU-505, 814082066 TU-5500, 025010432
  9. R

You guys are the best...thanks so much! I'll email him to set up a time to check them out.
  10. R

Thanks, Ghonk! The seller described the square tweeters version as series one and the round tweeter version as series two. Maybe he meant to say the square version was the earlier version, not an official designation.
  11. R

Do you prefer series one or series two and what do you hear as the difference? Considering making a purchase.
  12. R

Sansui AU-777A vs all contenders

I'm a newer AK member and and this is my first post, but this is one of my favorite threads that I keep coming back to and re-reading. So, thanks! I'm a Sansui fan and owner of a 2000 and 890DB that Trnsfmr fully restored. I'd love to hear if your AU-777a continues to reign supreme or if...
Back
Top Bottom