Search results

1. Rotoflex4

Sansui AU-717 Balance Pot

I suspect that my balance pot is defective. Left or right channel intermittently cuts out at low volume. Crank up the volume and things are fine. Ruled out the pre-amp connect/separate switch on the back (tried De-oxit, then bypassing). Lubed all controls to no effect. Does anyone know of a...
  2. Rotoflex4

Sansui AU-20000 Bias

Hi Guys. My AU-20000 is running really nicely. Everything works and it sounds great. But......I'm getting a little puzzled trying to set the bias. I've set the bias a couple times in the past (to 35mv as per the manual). Today when I checked it the bias was a little high (like 70 to 80 mv). So...
  3. Rotoflex4

AU-20000 Reversed Channels

Hi Guys, My AU-20000 runs great, but it has one peculiar problem. The left and right channels are reversed. I turn the balance control to Left, and the sound goes to the Right, and vice versa. So I'm hoping someone might be able to help me narrow down my search for the fault. As far as I can...
  4. Rotoflex4

Digital Tuner Noise

Hi Everyone. I'm getting a horrible noise from my Akai AT-93 digital tuner. It started out intermittent, now it's full-on, all the time. It only happens in the lower frequencies - anything above about 102 mhz is fine. I'm hoping that someone might recognize the noise or symptoms and help narrow...
  5. Rotoflex4

C2690 Pinout

Hi everyone. I'm doing some work on my AU-11000 and I'm stumped. I'm replacing a C1124 transistor with a C2690 (both NPNs). Problem: I'm not 100% confident of the pin arrangement on the C2690. The datasheet shows the collector in the middle and the emitter on the left. However, I'm getting a...
  6. Rotoflex4

AU-11000 Popping in right channel

Hi everyone, Tonight my AU-11000 started producing a popping sound on the RIGHT channel. The tone controls are all turned off (never use them). The noise persists regardless of where the balance adjustment is set. (Even when the balance is turned completely to the LEFT, the noise still comes...
  7. Rotoflex4

AU-20000 Troubleshooting

I have a little time off this week, so I thought I'd take one more shot at troubleshooting my AU-20000. Here's what I'm seeing: No sound coming through to speakers. No blown fuses. starts up OK - both relays click. Protection light goes out like it should. DC offset is fine. Bias - both sides...
  8. Rotoflex4

Akai AT-93 Noise Repair

Hi everyone, Thought I'd briefly describe the small job I just did on my AT-93 Akai digital tuner in case it's of some help to others. It had a really loud intermittent noise, mostly at the lower frequencies. Made the tuner sound like it was about to self-destruct. Turned out to be a...
  9. Rotoflex4

Sansui TU-9900 F-2528 Board

Hi all, Found a modification on the F-2528 (Switch Circuit Board) of my TU-9900 Sansui. I don't know if this is a factory mod or a previous owner's handiwork. It's not documented in the service manual. Two traces have been cut, a jumper wire added and a 220ohm resistor installed. It is directly...
  10. Rotoflex4

TU-9900 Upgrades

Hi Everyone, Doing a bit of work on my TU-9900 and thought I'd post a couple pics/comments. The Power Supply was pretty straightforward. Used Panasonic FC caps. Followed advice on the T.I.C. for higher capacitor values. Replaced TR01 and TR02 with TIP41C transistors. I ended up not touching...
  11. Rotoflex4

TU-9900 Power Supply Schottky 11DQ10

Hi Guys, For D01/02 on the Power Supply Board, the Tuner Info Centre recommends building two 2-diode bridge sections, using Vishay IR Schottky 11DQ10 (now obsolete). Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the 11DQ10 for this application? Perhaps one of these?: On-Semi SB1100 On-Semi...
  12. Rotoflex4

Uni-watt Transistors Identification

I've read here that the Uni-watt transistors should be replaced. I'm not 100% sure if what I am looking at are the dreaded uniwatts. They are marked "C1124" and "A706", on the driver board of my AU-11000. Can anyone confirm??? Thanks.
  13. Rotoflex4

Sansui 661 No Power

Good evening. My Sansui 661 receiver is not powering on. No relay click. The relay appears to be OK (I applied 18 volts to it and it clicks like it should). I attached a schematic of the power circuit and the readings I'm getting at a few points. Does anything seem amiss here? Should I be...
  14. Rotoflex4

Thorens TD-124 with SME 3009 S2 Cartridge, Stylus

Hello everyone, I just bought a Thorens TD-124 with an SME 3009 Series 2 "Improved" arm with detachable headshell. I'm looking for recommendations for a cartridge and stylus. I'd like to stay in the $300-400 range if possible. I'm hoping that's enough to get me up and running at least. My...
  15. Rotoflex4

AU-20000 Massive Static

New problem. My AU-20000 starts up just fine and plays great for about 5 seconds. Then....a massive onrush of static hiss......comes on fast and builds rapidly within about 2 seconds. Then I switch it off. Same results with every input. This problem is self-inflicted and it probably serves me...
  16. Rotoflex4

Replacing Parallel Mylar Caps

On one board in my AU-20000 (F-2501 Equalizer Circuit Board) and one board in my AU-11000 I have .47uf green mylar caps on the front of the board, with another .47uf tacked onto the backside, in parallel. They're coated in old glue and I thought I might replace the pairs with single 1uf film...
  17. Rotoflex4

Broken Switch Lever Repair

Thought I'd share my recent switch lever repair. I bought the amp with a broken switch. I looked for months for a replacement switch but couldn't locate one. The broken-off piece was missing, so I had to find a donor switch (any old switch will do - the outer end of the levers are all the same)...
  18. Rotoflex4

Sansui AU-20000 Muting Problem

Hi everyone, My AU-20000 has a muting problem and I'm hoping someone has encountered this before and might be able to help me focus my search for a solution. The muting switch has 3 settings: 0dB, -10dB and -30dB. The -30dB setting seems to function like it should. But.....there is no...
  19. Rotoflex4

D330 Transistor - Equivalent??

Hi folks, I need to replace a D330 transistor from my Sansui 661 receiver. I've scoured AK for replacement recommendations (like the 2SC1986, D313) but they are not available anymore either (not from Mouser, Digikey, etc anyway). Any idea of a current transistor that would do the job? Thanks.
  20. Rotoflex4

Green Dot Diodes

Good Morning! Does anyone know the recommended replacement for the green dot diodes found on various Sansui boards? (I'm currently looking at my AU-11000 F-2580 Driver Board). I've replaced the red dot ones before (using twinned pairs of 1N4148 diodes) but can't find much info on these green...
  21. Rotoflex4

AU-11000, A-9900 Big Green Caps

Good Morning, I'm doing a little work to my AU-11000. Replacing electrolytic caps, etc. Several boards have these really big green capacitors (mylar I think?). This photo is of the F-2580 (Driver Amp Circuit Board). There's no issue with these caps at the moment and the amp is in good working...
  22. Rotoflex4

Broken Switch Lever - Repair?

Hi all, I've got a broken switch lever on my AU-20000. I was wondering if anyone has had any success repairing these? I was considering removing the switch and taking it apart, then possibly welding it (I don't know if it's possible to weld - it's awfully small and some metals weld easier than...
  23. Rotoflex4

AU-20000 Power-Up

Good Evening, I'm just about ready to power up my AU-20000 after replacing the output transistors and fixing up the F-2511 (Protector Circuit Board), the F-2508 (Power Supply) and the F-2507's (driver boards). I made a dim bulb tester so I'll be using that. The previous owner told me that the...
  24. Rotoflex4

AU-20000 F-2508 board underside diodes

Hi guys. Does anyone know a suitable replacement for the 3 diodes on the underside of the F-2508 board? (circled in photo). I haven't been able to locate any info about them in the service manual or here on the forum. Two give readings of around .570v to .580v, which seems pretty normal, but the...
  25. Rotoflex4

AU-20000 Output Transistors

Good afternoon, On one side of my amp I have the original transistors (3 x Sanken 2SA908 and 3 x Sanken 2SC1585). They appear to be fine. On the other side one 2SA908 has previously been replaced by a Toshiba 2SB554, and one 2SC1585 has been replaced by a Toshiba 2SD424 (the 2SD424 is...
Back
Top Bottom