Search results

1. W

CR-400 Loved the sound, putting it out to pasture.

I absolutely love the sound of my CR-400 when it is working, but having to clean the pots so often is a drag. Think I will put it out to pasture, look good in it's old age, just won't be connected any more.
  2. W

Per-Out or Tape Out from one receiver to another receiver's Tape In ?

Any likely difference , I'm connecting my first receiver a cr-400 ( for it's tuner section ) to a jvc rx-903v ( for why the heck not ) ? Thanks hope you had a great Flag Day.
  3. W

No more tape for me

this morning i went to play a tape, the tape deck wouldn't start. lights up on power fine, but when you push play lights go out, tape doesnt budge. dang this was a 3 head jvc that i really enjoyed. oh well time to retire the tape, still have a few bnib udxl II's, along with a small...
  4. W

Eclipse - Boonville MO

Any AK'ers from the boonville area. i plan to be there for the eclipse. am trying to find a local for information about the town and best location to be for the eclipse, also any events in boonville for that? I would be willing to do shuttle from tulsa area to KC Mo are on that weekend if...
  5. W

2013 Honda Civic EX-L

The wife '02 Bull wagon has climate control problems, U2005, tried replacing the head unit with a couple different ones, same issue. So we have been out looking for a replacement vehicle for her. It is hard to survive in OK w/o AC in the car, especially when the code is thrown and the defrost...
  6. W

Who is best free host for the league

Amy of you done ESPN or NFL free leagus, and hos does it compare with Yahoo? Kind of stinks that yahoo servers are down today and we can't do anything with our teams.
  7. W

football

will there be a 2012 league this year?
  8. W

JBL L40 Value

What should I expect the value of a pair of nice looking JBL L40's to be. They sound fine, surrounds look to be recently replaced, and tweets sound fine. Cabinets look nice, some scratches on the bottom, and grill cloths are decent.
  9. W

I know its early

But I'm dying for some football. i did see where Yahoo is including the realtime online scoring as now charge option this year. OK enough of the idle chit chat, when is the draft?
  10. W

What are you cooking today

On the charcoaler today: roasting ears, red onion, bologna, beef sausage, brats and onions. (under the foil that you can't see yet is chicken).
  11. W

Sound Selector ???

I have no connection to this and no interest, but I thought someone here might be interested. On rip off bay right now is a "Norman Laboratories sound selector". I watch for Norman Lab speakers and this just happened to come up on my search.
  12. W

Beginning to feel a little different in here

Since I found this site a couple of years or so ago, I am noticing now a different feel to the place. Beginning to feel Kind of like another forum that many migrated here from. I still enjoy the occasional stop here to wonder at the forums, and browse thru the various shops, to read of the...
  13. W

Ignorance Showing - Shure 70 B

Is this the cartridge or the stylus. It's been so long since my TT has had new stylus or been used much I don't remember chit about it. I probably need to replace the stylus, if I recall it is replacable in the cartridge in my TT. So question is what do I need to get, so please help this poor...
  14. W

Chit, sorry I caused a stink

Didn't mean to casuse a stink. I posted on here the day I dropped them. The team wasn't doing me any good, thought I would cut the bums before the playoffs started in case someone needed players "free up some good players/defences so others can compete". Everyone knows that professional teams...
  15. W

Lightning team sux, players all released

My players didn't perform, fired all of the bums i could. good luck all, see you next year. sure hope this doesn't turn into a retain league.
  16. W

Just moved system, sounds like crap now

OK, heres the story, C26, MC250, marantz 120 tuner, CD changer, and computer audio connected to pre amp. I had the amp, pre and tuner in the bedroom running mono and had been sounding fine. I then decided to move the Yamaha receiver from my office to the basement and the mac gear to my...
  17. W

Playoffs

First round. Second seed ProAc's and third seed TeeRex teams fall in the first round. All eyes are watching the matchup between top seed DT and eight seed Bolts, DT (currently trailing by 1.45 points) has WR Mason and challanger Bolt's has TE Kenney to decide it tonight. Fifth seed...
  18. W

Buzzsaw attacks Pink Miata

Let's see ... Manning 5 td's,472 yds, 1 int Holmes 3 td's, 145 yds This may bring the big bird back down to earth. Anyone with stat-tracker care to update me with how this is going.
  19. W

Can I put receiver on top of speaker?

Any damage to be done to either Pioneer sx-440 or Bose 901 if I out the receiver directly on top of the 901? About the only place I have to put the receiver in my home office. I will be using the sx-440 to drive the 901's. Thanks
  20. W

Did I just buy junk?

Just received Yamaha CR-800 I purchased from ebay seller, suppossedly been checked out and everything working. Yeah ok, well after about 5-10 minutes the left channel goes out. It will come back on but I have to power the unit off and then back on. Since I am new to this vintage gear...
  21. W

Newby question

I am wanting to replace my JVC 888 AV receiver with three old yamaha cr stereo receivers and an external digital processor. I am driving Khorn mains, heresy surrounds, and Belle center and am hoping I will get more pleasing sound. Hopefully this will allow me to have cleaner power to these...
Back
Top Bottom