Search results

1. Keldog

Philips FB585's Designed by JBL?

The OPs have black cabinets rather than the natural finish. Hence the "B" in the model number.
  2. Keldog

New to R2R. A little advice.

I've never had or even run a reel to reel. Today I picked up and Akai GX-210D for $15. It power on, the capstan engages, the reels play and spin forward and reverse. The meters light up. Being new, I don't have any tapes to play on it. Is there a way to verify working order without a tape...
  3. Keldog

Jennings Research speakers 70s - info needed

Update on mine (long overdue): I started the cleanup of the cabs and removed the crossovers for cap replacement. I ordered four 4uF caps to match the original value. The issue is that the one I had pictured with two caps had both 8uF, while the crossover with the single cap is 8uF. The one that...
  4. Keldog

Here's the innards. One has two caps. The inductors are arranged differently than cortico's set.
  5. Keldog

Excellent advice. Thanks for the help!
  6. Keldog

I ran across a pair of these on CL. Picked them up today for $75 (the guy was asking $250). Funny thing. My oldest brother bought a pair new in 1977 and still has them. Loves them. These were in the same small town where he lives. Such a rarely seen speaker and, yet, two pair unknowingly less...
  7. Keldog

Subscriber info

Cool. Thanks. There are so many subscriptions that auto renew (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) I wanted to make sure there was no surprise.
  8. Keldog

Subscriber info

Couldn't find anything in the user info and too lazy to look further. Does the subscription auto renew?
  9. Keldog

Interesting speaker transaction

Tokyo has always enjoyed reviving American culture. https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/tokyos-rockabilly-scene/ I guess the 70s era's time has come...
  10. Keldog

All these stories is quite fascinating. We may have to come up with a new colloquial term for these buyers, like 'white van speakers", to add to the audio glossary.
  11. Keldog

Good thing I have no interest in drifting. lol. Or thrifting. Not much room for speakers if I find some at a Goodwill stop.
  12. Keldog

I don't want the expense of maintaining a Porsche. I went with something much more affordable, fun and needs just a little bit of work which I am looking forward to. I don't buy something someone else put all of the work into. I want the satisfaction of restoring it myself. Picked this up...
  13. Keldog

Hmmm.....even more interesting. Doesn't bother me. I got good money for them. The L100s were free and I got the 63DXs for $235 at auction with a pair of 88As. Virtually pure profit to pay bills. I'm almost debt free now, so, on my way to a nice mid-life-crisis-convertible-sports-car.
  14. Keldog

Just had a very interesting experience today selling two pairs of speakers. I put my JBL L100s up for sale on BT and CL. I was contacted by a guy from Virginia. He was heading to St. Louis today, so he wanted to detour to buy the L100s. So, he shows up at my house today at 8:45 this morning in...
  15. Keldog

KLH Model Six Grille Cloth Restoration

Nice. I have a pair of 17s that aren't too bad but a replacement of the old cloth wouldn't hurt. Never thought of washing and starching the fabric before installing. Makes sense.
  16. Keldog

A refresh of L100 grilles.

Just a small project after an idea came to me while pondering how to recover the grilles. I was in a local Hobby Lobby looking at material when I spotted this orange burlap that reminded me of the burnt orange foam used on original L100s. 1 yard was $3. Then I thought of how to cover the edges...
  17. Keldog

How many speakers do you own?

Actually, I have a pair of 77As with roughly the same tweeter (Really super tweeters, the single PT-103 is the regular tweeter in the 63DXs) that would fit. Maybe I will swap them out for a test. My main concern is that I didn't get the wiring right on the re-cap. I've found three different...
  18. Keldog

I have a pair of 63DXs. Fully restored last year except for a dead tweeter in each. Have never gotten around to enjoying them. The 222f tweeters don't come around often.
  19. Keldog

Ist really a problem?
  20. Keldog

Stacking Advents....

L100 Centurys on top of Pioneer CS-88As it is.....I'm not carrying anything else from the basement to the second floor... This stacking business seems way more trouble than it's worth. Hard to hear a difference over my rapid heartbeat and labored breathing.
  21. Keldog

Stacking Advents....

So, basically, in a 12x10 man cave, negligible... Seems stacking doesn't really improve anything.
  22. Keldog

In use or just physically in my possession? This thread started 17 years ago....
  23. Keldog

Stacking Advents....

I understand your set up and why, but I thought the standard practice was to invert the top pair? Aren't the tweeters closer together that way?
  24. Keldog

Stacking Advents....

Good to know. It just seems like all I ever see mentioned is the Advents.
  25. Keldog

Stacking Advents....

It's a common refrain throughout many threads. It seems I have only read about the NLAs. Can you mix and match speakers? Any other speakers? Just curious.....and too lazy to research it.
Back
Top Bottom